Obama lowered taxes..not raised them.

My federal tax responsibility has remained unchanged. However I now, thanks to obamacare, have to pay income tax on the portion of my health care my employer pays for me.

In essence I have received a tax increase and I make 5 figures. If the bush tax cuts are allowed to expire for all, which they will since congress didn't vote on it before vacation and dont have any apparant plans to do so when they return, then my taxes will go up again.

You know this isn't true, right?
snopes.com: 2011 W-2 Tax Forms and HR3590

Depends on the cost of the policy.

Well, the Insurance companies will be taxed.

You're not going to pay income tax on it.

Anyway, Plymco stated in his post that he makes 5 figures.
Somehow I doubt he's got a "Cadillac" healthcare plan.

Of course they didn't notice it. You listen to something long enough, and you're gullible enough, You'll believe it. The lie that Obama has raised taxes is one widely believed by Conservatives. It's amazing how they react when shown proof of the exact opposite. It's like..
DING
istockphoto_191958-light-bulb.jpg

Ohh yeahhh!

With one hand Obama gives while the other rapes you...
Obama's first tax increase: National sin tax is effective April 1 | AccountingWEB.com
The first major tax increase from the president who promised no tax increases on 95 percent of the population goes into effect today, April 1. This is not an April Fool's Day joke - this is a tax increase that hits approximately 21 percent of adults age 18 and over, regardless of income level, and approximately 20 percent of teenagers, many of whom are not normally considered to be among the ranks of taxpaying citizens.

The federal tax, an increase of 62 cents per pack of cigarettes, starts April 1. Here's how this translates into actual numbers, using the assumption that the average smoker smokes one pack of cigarettes per day.

At one pack a day, the average smoker will pay an additional 62 cents per day, or $226.30 per year in additional tax. The smoker who smokes two packs per day will pay an additional $452.60 per year in tax. There are no deductions allowed that might lower this tax. There are no credits available for people who are on a fixed income or who are out of work.

The Americans for Tax Reform Web site mention the following statistics:

* 55 percent of smokers are considered to be "working poor."
* One in four smokers lives below the poverty line.
* On average, smokers, whose median income is a little more than $36,000, make about 30 percent less than non-smokers.

Of course they didn't notice it. You listen to something long enough, and you're gullible enough, You'll believe it. The lie that Obama has raised taxes is one widely believed by Conservatives. It's amazing how they react when shown proof of the exact opposite. It's like..
DING
istockphoto_191958-light-bulb.jpg

Ohh yeahhh!

With one hand Obama gives while the other rapes you...
Obama's first tax increase: National sin tax is effective April 1 | AccountingWEB.com
The first major tax increase from the president who promised no tax increases on 95 percent of the population goes into effect today, April 1. This is not an April Fool's Day joke - this is a tax increase that hits approximately 21 percent of adults age 18 and over, regardless of income level, and approximately 20 percent of teenagers, many of whom are not normally considered to be among the ranks of taxpaying citizens.

The federal tax, an increase of 62 cents per pack of cigarettes, starts April 1. Here's how this translates into actual numbers, using the assumption that the average smoker smokes one pack of cigarettes per day.

At one pack a day, the average smoker will pay an additional 62 cents per day, or $226.30 per year in additional tax. The smoker who smokes two packs per day will pay an additional $452.60 per year in tax. There are no deductions allowed that might lower this tax. There are no credits available for people who are on a fixed income or who are out of work.

The Americans for Tax Reform Web site mention the following statistics:

* 55 percent of smokers are considered to be "working poor."
* One in four smokers lives below the poverty line.
* On average, smokers, whose median income is a little more than $36,000, make about 30 percent less than non-smokers.

This thread is laughable.....:lol:

670 billion and counting...
http://republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/UploadedFiles/DemTaxIncreases1.pdf

Depends on the cost of the policy.

So much for the claim that Obama didn't raise taxes.

I think the claim was that Obama didn't income taxes. Which of course he didn't...

This tax applies to less than 10 percent of health care plans.

When Bush did the exact same thing..it was hailed as a taxcut.

Well..ladies and gentlemen..I give you..hypocrisy on ice.

That's not true. Bush cut tax rates *AND* sent checks.

What's not true?

Bush did cut the tax. He sent checks. He sent a letter before he sent the check to inform you he was sending a check.

Obama did the same thing...but he didn't send the letter..and he did it over a period of time so you didn't notice you were getting it.

One method built political capital. (Bush's)

The other method stimulated the economy. (Obama's)

I think the claim was that Obama didn't income taxes. Which of course he didn't...

Actually re-read the thread and tell me you see income taxes anywhere?

no, the claim was Obama CUT taxes and he didnt
'

What's not true?

Bush did cut the tax. He sent checks. He sent a letter before he sent the check to inform you he was sending a check.

Obama did the same thing...but he didn't send the letter..and he did it over a period of time so you didn't notice you were getting it.

Yep obamas help fuel 9 plus percent unemployment...nice stimulating

What's not true?

NO, Obama did NOT cut taxes
he reduced the withholding rate without actually cutting the tax you would owe

'

Well that's incorrect. He did cut taxes. And did it while lowering defict spending from 2009-2010. Even the Birchers are admitting that.

Yep the Birchers.

'

Well that's incorrect. He did cut taxes. And did it while lowering defict spending from 2009-2010. Even the Birchers are admitting that.

Yep the Birchers.
you are looking pathetic to keep claiming this LIE
Obama only reduced the withholding rate
and if you think that actually will cut your income tax rate, you can give yourself a tax cut by changing the deductions on your W-2 by adding 1 to it

and i dont give a rats ass what the "birchers" claim since i'm NOT one of them

'

Yep the Birchers.

No April Fool’s: Stimulus Withholding to Begin April 1 | taxgirl
President Obama has issued a target date for the adjusted withholding to begin as part of the stimulus package: April 1.

Obama mentioned the date in his weekly radio address, saying:

I’m pleased to announce that this morning the Treasury Department began directing employers to reduce the amount of taxes withheld from paychecks, meaning that by April 1st, a typical family will begin taking home at least $65 more every month.

The highly touted Making Work Pay Credit was part of Obama’s original campaign promises and was made law as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The credit will provide up to $400 per individual worker and $800 per working married couple. The credit will be administered through cuts in withholding at the employer level. There are income restrictions, phase outs and eligibility requirements which apply.

'

Yep the Birchers.
and if you think that actually will cut your income tax rate, you can give yourself a tax cut by changing the deductions on your W-2 by adding 1 to it

You seem very Bircher like..or Tea Party..the two always confuse me. Sorry..what are conservatives calling themselves nowadays? I like to get the terms right. Unlike you guys who like to "assign" names to people.

And the fact you don't like tax cuts..or lowering the deficit is noted.

Yep the Birchers.

You seem very Bircher like..or Tea Party..the two always confuse me. Sorry..what are conservatives calling themselves nowadays? I like to get the terms right. Unlike you guys who like to "assign" names to people.

And the fact you don't like tax cuts..or lowering the deficit is noted.
again, if you think THAT cut your tax rate, change the deductions on your W-2 by adding 1 to it and voila you have given yourself a tax cut

try it

The Thread title:

"Obama lowered taxes..not raised them."

The OP:

Not that anyone's really talking about it..but..

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/us/politics/19taxes.html?_r=1&ref=us

It is not a rhetorical question. At Pig Pickin’ and Politickin’, a barbecue-fed rally organized here last week by a Republican women’s club, a half-dozen guests were asked by a reporter what had happened to their taxes since President Obama took office.

“Federal and state have both gone up,” said Bob Paratore, 59, from nearby Charlotte, echoing the comments of others.

After further prodding — including a reminder that a provision of the stimulus bill had cut taxes for 95 percent of working families by changing withholding rates — Mr. Paratore’s memory was jogged.

“You’re right, you’re right,” he said. “I’ll be honest with you: it was so subtle that personally, I didn’t notice it.”

Few people apparently did.

Not a mention of "income tax."

Also, AMT is an income tax and it has gone up.

Last edited:

What's not true?

Which tax did he cut? Show me the change in the tax code we all have to abide by when we file our returns.

The Thread title:

"Obama lowered taxes..not raised them."

The OP:

Not that anyone's really talking about it..but..

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/us/politics/19taxes.html?_r=1&ref=us

It is not a rhetorical question. At Pig Pickin’ and Politickin’, a barbecue-fed rally organized here last week by a Republican women’s club, a half-dozen guests were asked by a reporter what had happened to their taxes since President Obama took office.

“Federal and state have both gone up,” said Bob Paratore, 59, from nearby Charlotte, echoing the comments of others.

After further prodding — including a reminder that a provision of the stimulus bill had cut taxes for 95 percent of working families by changing withholding rates — Mr. Paratore’s memory was jogged.

“You’re right, you’re right,” he said. “I’ll be honest with you: it was so subtle that personally, I didn’t notice it.”

Few people apparently did.

Not a mention of "income tax."

agreed

Forum List

Back