Obama lowered taxes..not raised them.

I won't call them racist, thier just fucking stupid as a bag of bricks.
Especially Divedouche

thanks for showing what a fucking idiot you are

hell, you have it in your SIG, moron

So you admit you have no proof or source and that you made it all up. OK! I thought so!
hey stupid, read your own damn sig

That's not a scare tactic. That's an observation. Karl Rove, Koch Industries, Dick Armey, former Republican congressman and majority house leader finance right wing groups which spread propaganda on TV that poor people are causing our deficit due to welfare and foodstamps and unemployment and medicaid. Then Republicans run on this and encourage middle class voters to be angry about poor people getting a free ride. They accuse Democrats of being the party of food stamps. I'm sure you've heard all of this. The poor are being blamed for America's problems. Meanwhile it's actually the rich who are sucking all the money out of the US economy by getting Bush bank bailouts and sending jobs overseas so they can make a bigger profit for themselves. So they blame the poor, you believe them, and do nothing to stop the rich from destroying the middle class and turning the USA into a third world country.

Last edited:
Obamacare has already passed and that bill in itself is going to raise your taxes. Just because the raises have not gone into affect does not mean that Obama has not raised taxes. There are other taxes beside income taxes that have been raised as well. BTW - tax incentives like the homebuyers credit are not examples of lowering taxes. Those are cash giveaways that are designed to manipulate the market and illustrate exactly the type of mindset that got us into this situation in the first place. There should be no such thing as a tax credit where you can get more than you put in. That is NOT the purpose of taxes.

Repubs will take away your food stamps and welfare

Repubs will take away your SS

LOL!!! Democrats don't use that to scare voters. Republicans freely state that all the time!!

No, that is a scare tactic that the dims use regularly. Republicans want to FIX SS and REFORM welfare. It is the democrats that believe the reforms that the republicans put fourth will destroy those programs. I happen to disagree but saying ether party wants those programs to disappear entirely is disingenuous at best.

Well down is the opposite of up.

So it looks like they went down.
even the source you used didnt say taxes went down
it said the amount being withheld went down
not the actual tax
the difference is, it will hit you on tax day

btw, if you wanna, you can "cut" your own taxes if you actually believe reducing the amount withheld is lowering your taxes
just change how many you claim on your W-2 forms

They call that a "with-holding" tax.

They went down.

You guys are calling just about everything "taxes" except taxes..

Really???? Do you not get the fact that what is 'withheld' is only in anticipation of what you MIGHT owe and not what you DO owe. Withholdings is ONLY a stopgap to avoid people that cannot manage their money from getting a large bill at the end of the year that they cannot pay. When tax time comes, your withholdings have ZERO effect on the end taxes that you owe, just an effect on the amount you have to send in that day as it was offset by the money you did not owe but sent in every time you got a payroll check.

even the source you used didnt say taxes went down
it said the amount being withheld went down
not the actual tax
the difference is, it will hit you on tax day

btw, if you wanna, you can "cut" your own taxes if you actually believe reducing the amount withheld is lowering your taxes
just change how many you claim on your W-2 forms

They call that a "with-holding" tax.

They went down.

You guys are calling just about everything "taxes" except taxes..

Really???? Do you not get the fact that what is 'withheld' is only in anticipation of what you MIGHT owe and not what you DO owe. Withholdings is ONLY a stopgap to avoid people that cannot manage their money from getting a large bill at the end of the year that they cannot pay. When tax time comes, your withholdings have ZERO effect on the end taxes that you owe, just an effect on the amount you have to send in that day as it was offset by the money you did not owe but sent in every time you got a payroll check.
as i have told these fools
if they think reducing the withholding is cutting their taxes they should up the number of deductions on their W-2's and give themselves a tax cut

When Bush did the exact same thing..it was hailed as a taxcut.

Well..ladies and gentlemen..I give you..hypocrisy on ice.

The "Bush was a liberal" cat calls come in 3..2..1..

Oh wait..and the "I never said that.." come in 3..2..1..

You forgot the 'who cares if bush did it' in 3.. 2.. 1..
Well here it is, WHO GIVES A FLYING %*&# IF BUSH DID IT. It was worthless then and it is worthless now. Pointing out the failures of the second worst presidency EVER does not vindicate the failures of the worst presidency ever. It is flat out crap when the best you can do is say 'bush did it too' when you OPENLY advocate that Bush is one of the worst presidents EVER. How, then, can you defend your guy with that crap.

Yeah..I forgot that one.

Who gives a "fuck" what Bush did? Obviously not Republicans. Well maybe Republicans because he ruined the Republican and Conservative brand. So much so..they had to change the package. They aren't "Republicans" any more..they are "Tea Party". Not to be confused with the Republicans of George Bush..which screwed the pooch. The Tea Party has brand new fresh ideas. Cut taxes. De-regulate. Trickle Down. Out source..

Wait a minute! The Tea Party sounds exactly like the Republicans of George W. Bush.

Shucks!

Not that anyone's really talking about it..but..

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/us/politics/19taxes.html?_r=1&ref=us

It is not a rhetorical question. At Pig Pickin’ and Politickin’, a barbecue-fed rally organized here last week by a Republican women’s club, a half-dozen guests were asked by a reporter what had happened to their taxes since President Obama took office.

“Federal and state have both gone up,” said Bob Paratore, 59, from nearby Charlotte, echoing the comments of others.

After further prodding — including a reminder that a provision of the stimulus bill had cut taxes for 95 percent of working families by changing withholding rates — Mr. Paratore’s memory was jogged.

“You’re right, you’re right,” he said. “I’ll be honest with you: it was so subtle that personally, I didn’t notice it.”

Few people apparently did.

My federal tax responsibility has remained unchanged. However I now, thanks to obamacare, have to pay income tax on the portion of my health care my employer pays for me.

In essence I have received a tax increase and I make 5 figures. If the bush tax cuts are allowed to expire for all, which they will since congress didn't vote on it before vacation and dont have any apparant plans to do so when they return, then my taxes will go up again.

Of course the difference is that Bush did not espouse republican ideals. That was the first 123 you put up there. It IS a problem but there is nowhere for an American to turn. The liberals openly admit they want to do everything that the conservatives do not want done. The republicans claim to represent them but, in truth, they do the SAME things the democrats do at a slightly slower pace. That is the rub here. I hope the tea party has, at the very least, forced the GOP to regain some of their core values but I fear that they have changed little. The only problem is that Obama is the one thing that seems to be WORSE than the lying GOP. You did fail to actually respond to anything in my post other than the first sentence though. Nice try at a dodge.

Not that anyone's really talking about it..but..

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/us/politics/19taxes.html?_r=1&ref=us

It is not a rhetorical question. At Pig Pickin’ and Politickin’, a barbecue-fed rally organized here last week by a Republican women’s club, a half-dozen guests were asked by a reporter what had happened to their taxes since President Obama took office.

“Federal and state have both gone up,” said Bob Paratore, 59, from nearby Charlotte, echoing the comments of others.

After further prodding — including a reminder that a provision of the stimulus bill had cut taxes for 95 percent of working families by changing withholding rates — Mr. Paratore’s memory was jogged.

“You’re right, you’re right,” he said. “I’ll be honest with you: it was so subtle that personally, I didn’t notice it.”

Few people apparently did.

My federal tax responsibility has remained unchanged. However I now, thanks to obamacare, have to pay income tax on the portion of my health care my employer pays for me.

In essence I have received a tax increase and I make 5 figures. If the bush tax cuts are allowed to expire for all, which they will since congress didn't vote on it before vacation and dont have any apparant plans to do so when they return, then my taxes will go up again.

You know this isn't true, right?
snopes.com: 2011 W-2 Tax Forms and HR3590

this is correct, its not being taxed

YET
but it has to now be reported on the W-2's

Depends on the cost of the policy.

Forum List

Back