Obama lowered taxes..not raised them.

Well that's incorrect. He did cut taxes. And did it while lowering defict spending from 2009-2010. Even the Birchers are admitting that.

Yep the Birchers.
you are looking pathetic to keep claiming this LIE
Obama only reduced the withholding rate
and if you think that actually will cut your income tax rate, you can give yourself a tax cut by changing the deductions on your W-2 by adding 1 to it

and i dont give a rats ass what the "birchers" claim since i'm NOT one of them

You seem very Bircher like..or Tea Party..the two always confuse me. Sorry..what are conservatives calling themselves nowadays? I like to get the terms right. Unlike you guys who like to "assign" names to people.

And the fact you don't like tax cuts..or lowering the deficit is noted.

Dive's right on this one...

you are looking pathetic to keep claiming this LIE
Obama only reduced the withholding rate
and if you think that actually will cut your income tax rate, you can give yourself a tax cut by changing the deductions on your W-2 by adding 1 to it

and i dont give a rats ass what the "birchers" claim since i'm NOT one of them

You seem very Bircher like..or Tea Party..the two always confuse me. Sorry..what are conservatives calling themselves nowadays? I like to get the terms right. Unlike you guys who like to "assign" names to people.

Right on what?

Right on what?

Cutting the withholding tax isn't actually lowering anyone's income tax.

Right on what?

Sure it is.

Taxes flucuate depending on the economy. Sometimes they get lowered to stimulate growth and in some of the more responsible models raised to make up for that shortfall.

But make no mistake..the economy..especially the one we have is complicated. Thinking there are silver bullets is foolish. Sometimes methods are used to get things going (grease the wheels as it were) but at some point you have to make up for that.

Right on what?

Sure it is.

Taxes flucuate depending on the economy. Sometimes they get lowered to stimulate growth and in some of the more responsible models raised to make up for that shortfall.

But make no mistake..the economy..especially the one we have is complicated. Thinking there are silver bullets is foolish. Sometimes methods are used to get things going (grease the wheels as it were) but at some point you have to make up for that.

Cutting withholding rates in June but not changing the tax due in December is not a tax cut.

Right on what?

Sure it is.

Most of what you've said is true.

Except that lowering withholding rates still doesn't actually lowering anyone's income tax.

I agree that the withholding cut was helpful to the economy. But, at the end of the year, it doesn't change your tax liability. As Dive said, adding an allowance to your w-4 would do the same thing...

Sure it is.

Except that lowering withholding rates still doesn't actually lowering anyone's income tax.

I agree that the withholding cut was helpful to the economy. But, at the end of the year, it doesn't change your tax liability. As Dive said, adding an allowance to your w-4 would do the same thing...

My op said he lowered taxes. It didn't say he lowered taxes forever.

Sure it is.

My op said he lowered taxes. It didn't say he lowered taxes forever.

Cutting the withholding rate is not lowering taxes. You can cut your withholding rate tomorrow to zero. That has no effect on the tax burden you have to pay at the end of the year (or quarter depending on how much you make).

Your thread title also said he didn't raise them, but he did. AMT has gone up.

HOW HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTAND THAT WITHHOLDING IS NOT A TAX BUT A PAYMENT PLAN FOR YOUR TAX AT THE END OF THE YEAR. That is all it is, a payment plan so that you do not have a bill when the tax is actually owed. YOU have direct control to change it yourself. You can even turn it off. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TAX RATE.

Forum List

Back