Obama Lies – Says State Department Officials Were Held Accountable Over Benghazi

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
Obama Lies – Says State Department Officials Were Held Accountable Over Benghazi …(Not True, They’re All Back at Work)​

by Jim Hoft
December 30, 2012

Barack Obama told NBC today that State Department officials were held accountable for the Benghazi 9-11 terrorist attack.
NBC reported, via Lucianne:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrkOnxciLKc]LATEST NEWS : Bogus Benghazi punishments? - YouTube[/ame]​

President Barack Obama on Sunday called security issues that led to the deaths of four Americans in the Benghazi consulate attack “a huge problem,” although he continued to defend U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice as a victim of political scapegoating by Republicans who have suggested an administration coverup of the situation.​

“We’re not going to be defensive about it,” Obama said of the State Department review of the attacks during an exclusive interview on NBC’s Meet the Press. “We’re not going to pretend that this was not a problem. This was a huge problem. And we’re going to implement every single recommendation that’s been put forward.”

Saying that some State Department officials “have been held accountable,” Obama said that the review of the September 11 attack showed there was “sloppiness” in terms of security measures but that mistakes were not intentional.

But it was a lie. Obama knew it was a lie.
The three top State officials who reportedly resigned after the release of the Benghazi investigation are all back at work at the State Department.

Obama Lies – Says State Department Officials Were Held Accountable Over Benghazi …(Not True, They’re All Back at Work) | The Gateway Pundit

Ain't no big surprise. This is a lawless administration, why would anyone think he would ever do anything honorable?

Sooo, Obama never said they were "fired" - just "held accountable" - which can mean many things such as pay cuts, pay freezes, demotions, crummy jobs, etc...

Sooo, Obama never said they were "fired" - just "held accountable" - which can mean many things such as pay cuts, pay freezes, demotions, crummy jobs, etc...

You are correct.

According to the article:

"Saying that some State Department officials 'have been held accountable,\' Obama said that the review of the September 11 attack showed there was “sloppiness” in terms of security measures but that mistakes were not intentional."

I spent a good portion of my life defending workers against improper disciplinary actions. A termination is the economic equivalent of the death penalty. It is devastating to the worker and every member of his family and should never be administered without just and compelling cause. If a single mistake, one instance of "sloppiness" would justify termination, no one would have a job.

If anyone could show me that an individual did something that they knew or should have known would have resulted in the death of a single individual, I will quickly change my mind. Until then, I believe that a change of assignment, or even a "letter of warning" is sufficient.

I personally dislike Obama's policies, but every now and then, whether by design or accident, Obama gets it right. In this case, he didn't lie and history may record his decision to have been the best available option.

Forum List

Back