Obama is so sorry for Koran burning

Those books should have been handed over to a mosque or some religious authority (or howevver it works there). In case any of don't realize, it's sacrilege to burn an old scripture. There are procedures for that in their religion. And we've made this gaffe before.

Which means we're simply insensitive asshole pricks that never learn adn then cry foul when these nutters go offf the deep end and kill our men/women.

Be sure to call me names because you get a chuckle out of being a smarmy assface.

The president should apologise to keep the peace as much as possible. Time for us to come home from there. We dont understand those people and only seem to exacerbate the problems at every turn.

"A Western military official with knowledge of the incident said it appeared that the Qurans and other Islamic readings in the library were being used to fuel extremism, and that detainees at Parwan Detention Facility, which adjoins Bagram, were writing on the documents to exchange extremist messages"
US Apologizes for Quran Burnings in Afghanistan - ABC News

A little different than just burning a Koran....

Fuck Obama and his apology and for doing this pansy shit without putting everything in context

I'm familiar that they were writing in the books. The answer? Take them away and send them off to a mosque and let them decide how to deal with them.
.....And, in the mean-time, just lock-'em-down!!!!!

A question for those that think we shouldn't be able to burn the Koran.
Do you also believe it is wrong to burn the American Flag?
Should the US kill any foreigner that burn a flag?

Are we going to stoop to their level of barbarism?
I think we're a little more "advanced", if you will than that. The answer is a no. We should not kill them for burning our flag. Let's also keep it in context; who is in whos country again? Last i checked we were occupying their country.

If they were over here occupying ours, we'd probably be burning afghans by the pile, not qu'rans or flags.
Absolutely.

"And when you put this into perspective, you know that if you were an Iraqi, you probably wouldn't be crazy about American soldiers taking over your towns and cities either. This is the tough reality I faced in Vietnam. I knew while I was there that if I were Vietnamese, I would have been one of the Vietcong."

What is the matter with Obama?

Why is he always apologizing? Doesn't he realize that America is EXCEPTIONAL?

Countries that are exceptional owe no one an apology. When they complained about soldiers burning the Koran, he should have told them to go fuck themselves

I'm actually surprised he didn't hop on AF1 to go over to bow before them...

He's fond of doing that too....

I am with you brother!

America is too great to ever show respect for another culture. WE are the exceptional ones.....they should bow to us

I suppose Barry just might go over there and kiss their feet...

Maybe he'll take a vacation and bring the wife too... (well, she'll head over early, of course)...

Any good golf courses in A-stan?

"A Western military official with knowledge of the incident said it appeared that the Qurans and other Islamic readings in the library were being used to fuel extremism, and that detainees at Parwan Detention Facility, which adjoins Bagram, were writing on the documents to exchange extremist messages"
US Apologizes for Quran Burnings in Afghanistan - ABC News

A little different than just burning a Koran....

Fuck Obama and his apology and for doing this pansy shit without putting everything in context

I'm familiar that they were writing in the books. The answer? Take them away and send them off to a mosque and let them decide how to deal with them.

Like I said, we've made this gaffe before.

For the record, Im no Obama supporte3r.

Yeah... because in prison when you find 'holy books' of white supremacists with messages written in them, it's best not to offend and send them to the grand dragon so he can decide how to dispose of them :rolleyes:

Fucking touchy feely liberal horse shit

Once you clear Jr. High School, a lot o' what you're being taught (here) might make more sense.​

I am with you brother!

America is too great to ever show respect for another culture. WE are the exceptional ones.....they should bow to us

Maybe he'll take a vacation and bring the wife too... (well, she'll head over early, of course)...

I heard the Qu'ran Course over at Burning Sands is pretty good.

A question for those that think we shouldn't be able to burn the Koran.
Do you also believe it is wrong to burn the American Flag?
Should the US kill any foreigner that burn a flag?

I don't see them apologizing for burning our flag or bibles.

Well they did burn the black dog Obama........., shouldn't the at least apologize for that?? Does that count??

I am more interested in an apology for killing our troups. I couldn't care less if they burn books. I am also waiting for us to grow a set of balls. We should kill those involved in the killing and all who support them to send a message.
Gee, who knew DiamondDave would call-in some classmate-support.

handjob.gif

Hmmmmm...has any Afghan politician apologised for the murder of two US solders? I didn't think so. Obama is also dealing with American hostages being held in Egypt....You know ??? the Arab spring thing. I know we don't hear about it in this nations media but we all know they are corrupt.
Talk about Jimmy Carter two. This is it!

Obama apologizes for burning of Korans - UPI.com

If I were in charge I would hold one hell of a bonfire!!!!!

I think Obamas apology was given before the situation got out of control.
....But, you (obviously) don't KNOW SHIT.

NEXT??!!!

It amazes, and sickens me, that people appear more upset over the burning of books then the murders of 25 people now. Including two soldiers that had nothing to do with the burning.

Sadly I believe we are wasting our blood and treasure at this point. Savages run that country. When we leave it will spiral back into the haven it once was.
.....The LAST-time we pulled-out....right??

:eusa_eh:

It amazes, and sickens me, that people appear more upset over the burning of books then the murders of 25 people now. Including two soldiers that had nothing to do with the burning.

It amazes me that after ten tears in Afghanistan, anyone would burn a Koran at all. Where were superior officers when that went on? Shouldn't they have exercised more control? If anyone needs to be accused in the deaths of soldiers over this, it's the officers that dropped the ball and helped the Islamists "prove" we're out to get them.

The only ones responsible for the murder of the soldiers are the ones that killed them and their leaders for encouraging such dispicable acts.
Why do they feel the need to attack people for burning a book or printing a cartoon?
Is their religion that fragile that it can not stand on its own merits?
If THEY think so.....that's all that matters.

We're on THEIR turf.

All of these issues have been discussed....over-and-ovr-and-over, ever since we first moved-into Iraq/Afghanistan....and, there's a really-good-chance we've been aware of Middle Eastern customs, ever since we (first) started pumping oil, there: early '30s!!

The person(s) responsible, for the shootings, gave the O.K. to burn.....and, he/she/they already KNOW that.​

There are some very good reasons to avoid looking like we are mounting a war on Islam that has nothing to do with the president being a secret Muslim.
:razz:

Do any of those reasons necessitate the grovelling of the US for a simple mistake by some private who just got to Afghanistan? This makes 3 official apologies over something that is, essentially, a minor mistake. Do you think it is remotely possible that all these apologies are making things worse?

If you consider that a minor mistake considering the history of the region, you have no business commenting. You obviously don't understand anything about international diplomacy. We're trying to get out, not get bogged down further. No one cares who did it. The fact that it was done badly, reflects poorly on us, regardless. Everyone wants the troops home, applauding stupidity doesn't help that at all.

Do you remember the pastor burned a Quran in Florida? How many people got killed over that? Did you see me complaining because Obama didn't apologize for that?

Countries that are exceptional owe no one an apology.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAibI5ahMGs&feature=bf_next&list=PL056AF6B89272027B&lf=results_main]Blackwater Shadow Army in Iraq - Jeremy Scahill - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
The theory over the correctness of burning the koran is that once the pages were written on with messages from one detainee to another, the koran was already descecrated and lost the character of a holy book.
That's what Porky Limbaugh said, huh??

handjob.gif

I am with you brother!

I'm sure Boehner knows.

I am with you brother!

I'm sure Boehner knows.

C'mon dude... Is that the best you got?

I bet even Mr. Sheman had a better reply, even though most of us (myself included) will never see it...

I'm sure Boehner knows.

C'mon dude... Is that the best you got?

I bet even Mr. Sheman had a better reply, even though most of us (myself included) will never see it...

Aint dat da twoof?

Countries that are exceptional owe no one an apology. When they complained about soldiers burning the Koran, he should have told them to go fuck themselves

I am with you brother!

....One-way-or-another......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqM4tKPDlR8&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL6D1CE1D19CB072FC]Blackwater: Shadow Army - YouTube[/ame]​

Bush apologized when a US soldier shot holes in a Koran.

>
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney criticized Republicans who oppose President Obama's apologies to foreign officials, as he reminded reporters that President Bush also apologized to the Afghans when a Koran was mishandled by a soldier a few years ago.

Read more: WH: Bush apologized for mishandling of Koran, too | NewsOK.com

I think that was wrong, and I also think the headline is misleading.

Forum List

Back