Lib/Dems should ask themselves this question:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wiseacre, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Why do you think the midterm elections went so bad for democrats? Only reason it wasn't worse was because the idiot Tea Partiers didn't know enough to run electable candidates. The 2010 elections went bad for you because you fucked up; you lost the confidence and good opinion of the voters. No need to list the littany of bad decisions, suffice it to say you should've addressed the problems the country wanted you to fix but instead you were more interested in your party's agenda. And for that same reason I think Obama should also be voted out; dunno if it'll happen, much depends on the economy and the UE numbers this year. But he screwed up, could've and should've done a better job even though the situation he inherited was very tough.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,808
    2010 didn't prove anything except just how ridiculously susceptible republicans are to scare tactics. Conservatives need to ask themselves why they are so willing to readily support people who do nothing more than confirm fears, real or imagined.

3. Ed Spacer

Ed Spacer BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Poor results,lack of,or even negative result caused the change.

4. J.E.D

J.E.D What's tha matta?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,576
  5. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,064
    The economy was really bad. The Republican base was ginned up because we have a black president. Historically, few people vote in midterms. And finally, Republicans ran on "Jobs Jobs Jobs". They can't run on that this time. Fool me once, er, Bush said it best:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjmjqlOPd6A]George Bush's "Fool Me Once" Gaffe - YouTube[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. J.E.D

J.E.D What's tha matta?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,576
    Meanwhile, the rest of the country says the economy is the most important issue, yet Republican state legislatures and presidential candidates seem more concerned with contraceptives and abortion.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  7. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,441
    2010 proved nothing except that people were angry and were going to take it out on the incumbants. i'll also point out that the righties lost two senate races that should have been theirs in that climate, AZ and DE, and blew both of them because of how stupid your candidates were.

I'll also point out that you lost a safe repub seat in NY23 for the first time in generations.

What did you learn from those losses? To look at the ragtag line up you're running for president, you didn't learn anything from those losses. Nor did you learn that no one elected righties to be the G-d squad, yet the first thing the loons in this House did was pass a bill to absolve doctors of liability for letting women die. And now you're pursuing "personhood" laws and trying to force unnecessary invasive medical procedures on women just to "punish the harlots" and bully them into carrying children they don't want?

you think THAT'S what people voted for GOP candidates for?

Good luck with that. BTW, Rasmussen, which I know the right loves, has the president up by 10 over Romney and by 7 over Santorum.

Have fun running candidates without women voting for them. :thup:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Syphon

Syphon BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    if the GOP gets "shellacked" in 2012 election, will the GOP finally admit that they are out of touch with the common american?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. J.E.D

J.E.D What's tha matta?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,576
    Yes, let's not forget those Tea Party losses. Christine "I'm not a witch" O'Donnell, Carl "Run ******, run" Paladino, Sharron "Second Amendment remedies" Angle. And now we have Mitt "Let Detroit go bankrupt" Romney, Rick "Obama is Satan" Santorum, Bob "Transvaginal ultrasound" McDonnell....:eusa_whistle:

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,441
    i was thinking of sharron angle... but paladino works too even though he wasn't ever going to beat cuomo.