Obama is so hated by the military, several top military brass are jumping ship

Straight forward question.

Did congress declare war on anyone?

Or authorize the use of force.

Yes.
Any other questions?

Yes to what? A declaration of war?

No dipshit. The Congress voted for the action to take place...otherwise we wouldn't be there and it wouldn't be funded.

So don't even take that tact.

You are *THICK* and intellectually dishonest...and uneducated. Leave it to the Adults. Go run along now and play.

Shoo!

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I have to tell you that I am glad my military career is behind me. I wouldn't want to be serving under this President nor any of his gangsters.

Yes.
Any other questions?

No dipshit. The Congress voted for the action to take place...otherwise we wouldn't be there and it wouldn't be funded.

You are *THICK* and intellectually dishonest...and uneducated. Leave it to the Adults. Go run along now and play.

Shoo!

You realize he asked if congress did a declaration of war, you said yes... Then you said no. So has congress declared war in Iraq?

This snippet from your link caused me to ponder on the implacation of what obama true intentions are

"Despite Amos' remarks, which are in line with the views of his predecessor, the president is likely to look for senior officers who "understand that when the commander in chief says do it, you shut up and do it," said Heather Hurlburt, executive director of the National Security Network, a liberal defense think tank."

Do you do it if's it an unlawful order?
Do you do it if it's an act that gose against the Constitution?

I have a mixed reaction. On the one hand, I would like to think that the top brass would stick around so that Obama doesn't stick it to the troops. Takes more guts to stick around and fight the stupidity to the end than it does to quit. This hari-kari symbolism bullshit is a sign of weakness. It takes more strength to carry on even when you know that it's going to get a helluva lot worse before it gets better.

On the other hand, I understand the reluctance of being put in a position of having to obey orders that are disagreeable.

Still, I defer to my first position: I'd rather have someone like Stan McChrystal who will speak out at the risk of being fired. And I'd rather see Obama forced to fire general after general until it becomes obvious how incompetent Obama is in military affairs.

While I'm a mission-comes-first type, an officer should never abandon the troops if the mission is dumb, stupid or doomed to failure. And in my eyes, that's what these senior officers are doing. They're being selfish because they don't want to sully their precious reputations.

Who's going to look after the low-ranking troop in the foxhole?

Seems to be tied to the Republicans taking over the House

Can anyone really blame them?

Its the OLD brass who dont want homos serving in the military.

Stupid old asses dont realize they already do.

Yes.
Any other questions?

Shoo!

Put the beer down, drunkie.

Beer muscles don't make you tough.

They make you laughable..Tommy.:lol:

Shoo!

Translation: Rats, foiled again.

Was a war declared?

No....but let's look to make sure these retirees don't jump IMMEDIATELY to the Military Industrial Complex as "consultants" with mega pay checks.

Absolutely.

No war was declared. This was sold as a quick action that would pay for itself. It's become a clusterfuck. In both nations. Both are headed into the "longest engagement" zone for conflicts. The longer something like this goes on..the more likely there will be total failure.

No one wants to own that.

Although one has to admire David Patraeus for putting committment to country ahead of personal ambition.

Shoo!

Translation: Rats, foiled again.

Hardly.

I have a mixed reaction. On the one hand, I would like to think that the top brass would stick around so that Obama doesn't stick it to the troops. Takes more guts to stick around and fight the stupidity to the end than it does to quit. This hari-kari symbolism bullshit is a sign of weakness. It takes more strength to carry on even when you know that it's going to get a helluva lot worse before it gets better.

On the other hand, I understand the reluctance of being put in a position of having to obey orders that are disagreeable.

Still, I defer to my first position: I'd rather have someone like Stan McChrystal who will speak out at the risk of being fired. And I'd rather see Obama forced to fire general after general until it becomes obvious how incompetent Obama is in military affairs.

While I'm a mission-comes-first type, an officer should never abandon the troops if the mission is dumb, stupid or doomed to failure. And in my eyes, that's what these senior officers are doing. They're being selfish because they don't want to sully their precious reputations.

Who's going to look after the low-ranking troop in the foxhole?

McChystal is a smart man..and he's been in trouble before. But, never like this. IMHO he wanted out..and wanted to do it without "quitting". This guy knows his stuff..and no one who has tried to "subdue" Afghanistan has been successful.

Forum List

Back