Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier Since 1980s

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
The first Sikh to become an enlisted U.S. Army soldier in nearly three decades said Wednesday he's eager to move on to training as a combat medic and defend his new homeland on the battlefield.

Sikhism, a 500-year-old religion founded in India, requires its male followers to wear a turban and beard and keep their hair uncut. Army policies since 1984 had effectively prevented Sikhs from enlisting by barring those items.

Great Pic:
Army gets first Sikh enlisted soldier since 1980s - TODAY People - TODAYshow.com

• Banned
I guess just one Sikh soldier is alright, but what if their are hundreds or thousands in the US army?

I see a rise in friendly fire.

I guess just one Sikh soldier is alright, but what if their are hundreds or thousands in the US army?

I see a rise in friendly fire.
WTF?????

dude, is there any group you AREN'T prejudiced against?

• Banned
I just think the fact that a Sikh soldier can have a beard and wear a turbin will cause more confusion in combat. Their is only one Sikh soldier now, but would it be cool is half or more of the army was Sikh soldiers?

I just think the fact that a Sikh soldier can have a beard and wear a turbin will cause more confusion in combat. Their is only one Sikh soldier now, but would it be cool is half or more of the army was Sikh soldiers?

You either are fucking with us, or you are really that stupid.

yeah, because no soldier in combat ever let his beard grow

pic_12141661221681.jpg

Well call me stupid but I don't think it's a great idea the US armed forces have a long beard and a turbin for uniforms.

Forum List

Back