Obama is no elitist

Dogger

Apr 16, 2008
Dixie
Barack Obama made this statement regarding "Rural and Working Class America" during an interview with Charlies Rose in 2004. It's the same topic as the notorious "bitter" clip that has been misprepresented and distorted out of context.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oGF3cyHE7M"]If Only the Current President Could Be So Eloquent[/ame]

I disagree. What politician isn't an elitist? Not that there's anything wrong with it.

He wasn't born into the 'elite', he was born into the privileged, but many are. What I find annoying about Barack is the fake elitism that seems to pervade both himself and those around him. He is all about 'righteous anger', though he himself has little to be angry about. It seems it wasn't always so, but developed for political reasons. His wife, pastor, and many of his supporters seem to find manna in that, problem is, there's no there, there. Sort of reminds me of the Clinton's past, and the question of 'is'.

Barack Obama made this statement regarding "Rural and Working Class America" during an interview with Charlies Rose in 2004. It's the same topic as the notorious "bitter" clip that has been misprepresented and distorted out of context.

If Only the Current President Could Be So Eloquent

They all live in a bubble. None of them has ever had a real job. Well McCain was line officer in the Navy, kind of close to a real job, but his father was an Admiral and he was pretty well groomed. But he did spend five years a guest of the Hanoi Hilton....a very posh place indeed....

Hillary and Barrack have no clue what it's like to be an ordinary 8-5, five day a week, working citizen. How many sack lunches do you really think Hillary made Chelsy for school? And when was the last time Barrack actually washed his own clothes, cooked his own dinner, or mowed his own yard?

They all live in a bubble. None of them has ever had a real job. Well McCain was line officer in the Navy, kind of close to a real job, but his father was an Admiral and he was pretty well groomed. But he did spend five years a guest of the Hanoi Hilton....a very posh place indeed....

Hillary and Barrack have no clue what it's like to be an ordinary 8-5, five day a week, working citizen. How many sack lunches do you really think Hillary made Chelsy for school? And when was the last time Barrack actually washed his own clothes, cooked his own dinner, or mowed his own yard?

Of course he's elitist. All politicians are. He's no exception. They are elected to office to represent us and instead believe it some mandate to think for us.

I was thinking about the recent hit on Obama that he is an elitist, isn't it every Americans aspiration to be an elitist. You know one of those people with money who go to Yale and Harvard and party-hardy. Oh, sorry, wrong elitist. Then I thought suppose he is an elitist, do elitists automatically make bad decisions, you know like going to war and not having a clue. Oh, sorry, wrong elitist again. But then finally I got straight and thought what exactly is an elitist. So in search of the truth, I set out to the corner bar here in Hickville PA, you know one of those places with mostly Harleys outside, hay on the floor, three American beers on tap, and a sassy waitress with the sharpest tongue you'll ever hear. And I sat down next to this tough looking character, blue sweat soaked bandanna dungarees heavy black boots and I asked him if he knew what an elitist was? He stared at me with cold blood shot eyes and I thought damn...but then he calmed a little and said the f_king no good sonsofbitches who closed down our factory and moved it to bumfuckegypt. I thanked him and at home checked Obama's bio. No, for sure he ain't no elitist.

I disagree. What politician isn't an elitist? Not that there's anything wrong with it.

That's because you're an elitist.

There are lots of politicians who believe in the ability of the individual to make decisions without those decisions being made for them by the government, or people who know better. Being an elitist means you think you are the one who is able to judge for others how they should be living their lives. Being elitist means you think it's okay to force people to your will, if you have their good at heart.

No, you drooling idiot, it doesn't. I don't believe in "taking care" of people at the expense of their freedom to make decisions for themselves.

No, you drooling idiot, it doesn't. I don't believe in "taking care" of people at the expense of their freedom to make decisions for themselves.

Neither do I. You, however, support legislation that regulates what people do with their bodies.

No, I support legislation which restricts what people can do to other people's bodies. Your view is typical of an elitist. It's illegal for people to kill....unless, of course, the person being killed is in somebody's way.

No, I support legislation which restricts what people can do to other people's bodies. Your view is typical of an elitist. It's illegal for people to kill....unless, of course, the person being killed is in somebody's way.

The sad thing is, the conservative view to this holds the same argument.

Forum List

Back