Obama: Iran has a "right" to nuclear energy

Iran is sitting on more untapped oil than Iowa has ears of corn. Oil is cheap, it's efficient, everything they have runs on it, they export it, they import it, they refine it - the oil business in Iran is like the corn business in Iowa. The best part is - gas in Iran is CHEAP. It needs to be. Why? Up to 70% of Iran is below the poverty line. (http://www.nscb.gov.ph/poverty/conference/papers/3_Iran.pdf)

Let me repeat that. 70% of Iran is BELOW the poverty line.

In 2006 Iran, a population of 66 million people consumed 145 billion kWh of electricity.

Compare that with the United Kingdom, which has the same population and consumes 348.5 billion kWh of electricity.

Iran's GDP is $842 billion.

Compare that to the UK with a similar population - their GDP is $2.2 trillion.

Additionally, the UK is 244,820 sq km.

Iran? 1.648 million sq km.

That's 5x the size of the United Kingdom in land mass and 1/4 their GDP. They have an abundant natural resource that is extremely cheap that everyone uses.

In essence, Iran has absolutely NO NEED for nuclear energy.

Finally, the type of nuclear energy they are processing is weapons grade Uranium hexafluoride (uf6) - not civilian grade.

If it takes you a few minutes to figure out an excuse as to why they need nuclear energy, then it takes too long. America's power plants are at or above capacity and more need to be built. There is ample reason for nuclear energy in the US.

There is NO reason for nuclear energy in Iran. NONE whatsoever.... except to make bombs.

So what. Who the fuck are you to decide what national rescources a nation MUST use up before persuing another form of energy? OH yea, a comfy jew hiding behinde the freedom of the US. silly me.

Your jewish racism is showing, dave. Careful, don't let a girl like Amanda intimidate you.

Who said anything about using up resources? Why would a poor country that doesn't have a great deal of money develop nuclear fuel when it already has an extremely cheap fuel that is exceeding the needs of its local population?

I know Iran is not a capitalistic democracy, but there is always a supply and demand thing. If there is ample supply that is very cheap and abundant why would they create the availability of a new product for which there is no demand for with very limited supply and costs a hell of a lot of money?

For the same reason WE don't burn through OUR oil, stupid: the preservation of a national fucking resource. AND, to develop ties to nations that want to sell nuclear tech.. like Russia.

No, you don't know that Iran isn't capable, fatass. You just want to talk shit on non-jews while hiding behind the protection of the United States. Feel free to enjoy your new home in israel.

I assume you mean after WW1 with the Treaty of Versailles? Technically it wasn't Nazi Germany at that point, it became the Weimar Republic. The harsh conditions imposed on Germany thanks to the Treaty of Versailles certainly helped the Nazi's gain power, however.

No, it was Nazi Germany in 1936 when the Germans first broke the treaty by entering the Rheinland. Had France/Britain gone into the Rheinland, Hitler would have had to withdraw troops.

Yes, but it was the Treaty of Versailles that was supposed to force Germany to maintain only a small army. The Weimar Republic is what emerged in Germany after WW1 and before the Nazis took over.

yes until reichstag fire

So what. Who the fuck are you to decide what national rescources a nation MUST use up before persuing another form of energy? OH yea, a comfy jew hiding behinde the freedom of the US. silly me.

Your jewish racism is showing, dave. Careful, don't let a girl like Amanda intimidate you.

Who said they must use it up? I think what's been pointed out is their so called legitimate concern is a smoke screen because they have an insane amount of oil. They arent in an energy crisis. We are.

Yet we cant drill. We cant use nuclear energy. Heck, the environmentalists are starting to oppose solar energy because it "causes global warming" and wind and water power because the fish and birds could be hurt. We are supposed to go back into the dark ages while giving a homicidal regime the keys to killing millions of people.

How is this possibly a good policy?

See above. Iran is under no requirement to use oil just because YOU think they should tap as much of their resources as YOU think is necessary. Funny, you bring up how the US can't, apparently, drill.. validating the same strategy in America.. yet you bitch about Iran conserving their resources. hilarious.

and, I posted earlier in this thread where the local Nuke plant had every green light to build another plant but THEY could not afford it. If you want to continue with the crybaby "we cant build nuclear" shit then be my guest.

I suppose the next step is to offer to give the Iranians the nuclear materials needed to complete their weaponization like the Clintons did to North Korea.

Explain to me again why they need nuclear energy when they sit on top some of the largest oil reserves in the world and yet why we arent allowed to develop nuclear energy for power uses because of environmental concerns.

Am I the only one who sees the insanity in this?

We aren't allowed to have nuclear energy because of the Environuts in this country like Al Whore. i really hope everyone knows that Iran isn't going to use the nuclear energy for peaceful purposes alone.

For real.. you people are three shades of fucking retarded.

Ameren Suspends Its Plan To Construct Nuclear Plant In Missouri

Published:23-April-2009

Ameren Corporation (Ameren) is suspending plans to construct a new nuclear plant in Missouri due to legislation which would prevent the company from recovering costs. The Missouri law prevents utilities from increasing electric rates to pay for new power plants until the plants are operational. The company had planned to construct a 1,600 megawatt second reactor at its Callaway nuclear plant in central Missouri. The plant provides power to Saint Louis and surrounding areas.

Ameren Suspends Its Plan To Construct Nuclear Plant In Missouri - Nuclear : News

What common ground is there for a state that wants to wipe Israel off the map?

The responses of so many clueless morons on this board is amazing. You have all of these "america firsters", who demand that the US not fight iran since they believe it would be a war on behalf of israel - BUT - don't care to mention that it has been iran who has been killing large numbers of US troops in iraq for 5 years now.

Why does iran get a pass for murdering americans in iraq?

Regardless of whether one believes the iraq war was justified, it does NOT give iran the right to attack US troops there trying to midwife the new iraqi government.

That thought doesn't even include the 241 murdered US marines in beirut by iran in april 1983, the 83 diplomats murdered in beirut in october 1983, or the dozens, if not hundreds, of american citizens murdered in israel through iranian-proxy suicide bombings.

:lol:

:cuckoo:

please, nutter, call someone ELSE a name!

:rofl:

Um, Obama is doing just that here.

Funny, I dont see Obama telling Iran that they must use oil and burn up the trees in their forrsts for energy before opting for nuclear.. Maybe you can provide a better quote than you did the last time I asked for one..

I suppose the next step is to offer to give the Iranians the nuclear materials needed to complete their weaponization like the Clintons did to North Korea.

Explain to me again why they need nuclear energy when they sit on top some of the largest oil reserves in the world and yet why we arent allowed to develop nuclear energy for power uses because of environmental concerns.

Am I the only one who sees the insanity in this?

We aren't allowed to have nuclear energy because of the Environuts in this country like Al Whore. i really hope everyone knows that Iran isn't going to use the nuclear energy for peaceful purposes alone.

For real.. you people are three shades of fucking retarded.

Ameren Suspends Its Plan To Construct Nuclear Plant In Missouri

Published:23-April-2009

Ameren Corporation (Ameren) is suspending plans to construct a new nuclear plant in Missouri due to legislation which would prevent the company from recovering costs. The Missouri law prevents utilities from increasing electric rates to pay for new power plants until the plants are operational. The company had planned to construct a 1,600 megawatt second reactor at its Callaway nuclear plant in central Missouri. The plant provides power to Saint Louis and surrounding areas.

Ameren Suspends Its Plan To Construct Nuclear Plant In Missouri - Nuclear : News

Environmentalists are very good at using legislation and government to curtail projects such as this. I'm not saying this is the case here, but they have done it in the past. Research would have to be done as to who was behind enacting the legislation that would have prevented the company from recovering some of it's costs. Why was such a law enacted, what was the logic, etc... There's a ton of politics and money behind a lot of these decisions.

"We ask the West to remove what they created sixty years ago and if they do not listen to our recommendations, then the Palestinian nation and other nations will eventually do this for them."

Indeed, again, we made similar statements trying to pressure South Africa away from Aparthied too. Kinda makes one wonder why israel would rather sink on a JEWISH ONLY ship than deflate criticism by becoming a pluralistic nation like the very US theyhide behind, eh?

The US is a pluralistic nation? How?

Ask a zionist jew who is allowed to enjoy the same equality as white anglo saxon protistants all about it, dipshit.

Um, Obama is doing just that here.

Funny, I dont see Obama telling Iran that they must use oil and burn up the trees in their forrsts for energy before opting for nuclear.. Maybe you can provide a better quote than you did the last time I asked for one..

No, she means Obama is telling us what energy we can and cannot use.

Indeed, again, we made similar statements trying to pressure South Africa away from Aparthied too. Kinda makes one wonder why israel would rather sink on a JEWISH ONLY ship than deflate criticism by becoming a pluralistic nation like the very US theyhide behind, eh?

The US is a pluralistic nation? How?

Ask a zionist jew who is allowed to enjoy the same equality as white anglo saxon protistants all about it, dipshit.

There are no Christians or Moslems in Israel?

I posted my evidence. If you think The Tribune is lying about what you found in wiki then go ahead and shoot Ameren UE and email.

:thup:

That wasn't from Wiki, it was from the Energy Information Administration.

Energy Information Administration - EIA - Official Energy Statistics from the U.S. Government

Well here, baby puss.. you go ahead and enjoy proof that your facts aren't in as strait of a line as you originally thought...

Ameren UE Decides Not to Build Second Nuclear Power Plant in Missouri
Ameren UE Decides Not to Build Second Nuclear Power Plant in Missouri - Associated Content

AmerenUE drops plan to build second nuclear plant
Saint Louis Beacon - AmerenUE drops plan to build second nuclear plant

New nuclear reactor fizzles out in Missouri
New nuclear reactor fizzles out in Missouri | Midwest Voices

City Utilities Officials Discuss Mid-Missouri Nuclear Plant Proposal
KSMU - City Utilities Officials Discuss Mid-Missouri Nuclear Plant Proposal

AmerenUE halts plans for second nuclear reactor
Breaking News: AmerenUE halts plans for second nuclear reactor : News : KRCG

Missouri House Panel Approves Bill for Nuclear Plant
KMOX - Missouri House Panel Approves Bill for Nuclear Plant

Who said they must use it up? I think what's been pointed out is their so called legitimate concern is a smoke screen because they have an insane amount of oil. They arent in an energy crisis. We are.

Yet we cant drill. We cant use nuclear energy. Heck, the environmentalists are starting to oppose solar energy because it "causes global warming" and wind and water power because the fish and birds could be hurt. We are supposed to go back into the dark ages while giving a homicidal regime the keys to killing millions of people.

How is this possibly a good policy?

Leave them damn dumb democwats in charge and you ain't never gonna have nuttin but $40/gal gasoline.. ignorant libtards..

I've posted MY evidence, bitch.. where is yours?

when was the last fucking time we built one? and how much energy do they provide... where are the forthcoming permits to build the plants we need.. Hello? I'll wait.. popcorn in hand. oh and while yer at it explain why we can't drill our own fucking oil and natural gas whydonchya?

You dumb bitch... Ameren UE here in Missouri was two cunthairs away from building ANOTHER nuke plant but folded the idea after they couldn't get the state voters to PAY FOR IT. Google it, you fucking dingleberry.

They HAD permits to build. They DIDNT have the cash to build it without fleecing the very fucking customers that decided not to vote to pay for a fucking new plant.

Your tired fucking rhetoric is old.

UPDATE: AmerenUE suspends plans for new mid-Missouri nuclear reactor - Columbia Missourian

oh do go on! you cite me one little example,, and call me the idiot?? idiot!

:rofl:

Are you fucking KIDDING ME? Tell me you are stupid enough to believe im making this shit up.. PLEASE tell me you are THAT fucking retarded.

Two things:

1. Iran does have a right to nuclear energy development per the conditions of the Non-Proliferation Treaty.

2. I've long since grown very sick and tired of seeing the "wiped off the map" statement from Ahmadinejad. Please obtain an accurate translation of the statement before making false assertions.

Two things:
2. I've long since grown very sick and tired of seeing the "wiped off the map" statement from Ahmadinejad. Please obtain an accurate translation of the statement before making false assertions.

Has he publicly refuted it? That would be a start.

I posted my evidence. If you think The Tribune is lying about what you found in wiki then go ahead and shoot Ameren UE and email.

That wasn't from Wiki, it was from the Energy Information Administration.

Energy Information Administration - EIA - Official Energy Statistics from the U.S. Government

Well here, baby puss.. you go ahead and enjoy proof that your facts aren't in as strait of a line as you originally thought...

Ameren UE Decides Not to Build Second Nuclear Power Plant in Missouri
Ameren UE Decides Not to Build Second Nuclear Power Plant in Missouri - Associated Content

AmerenUE drops plan to build second nuclear plant
Saint Louis Beacon - AmerenUE drops plan to build second nuclear plant

New nuclear reactor fizzles out in Missouri
New nuclear reactor fizzles out in Missouri | Midwest Voices

City Utilities Officials Discuss Mid-Missouri Nuclear Plant Proposal
KSMU - City Utilities Officials Discuss Mid-Missouri Nuclear Plant Proposal

AmerenUE halts plans for second nuclear reactor
Breaking News: AmerenUE halts plans for second nuclear reactor : News : KRCG

Missouri House Panel Approves Bill for Nuclear Plant
KMOX - Missouri House Panel Approves Bill for Nuclear Plant

Have you even read what I posted from the EIA website? :lol: I don't think you would disagree with it if you had. It did not say anything about environmentalist causes as being the impetus behind the lack of nuclear facility construction. :tongue:

It may be insane, but the debate is over whether or not a country like the United States has the right to force Iran to end development of nuclear energy. We do not.

According to who? We have a right to take guns from felons. Yet we cant keep regimes who want to kill us from getting weapons of mass destruction. Fabulous policy there.

Show me the laws that define who is a "GLOBAL FELON". You dumb bastards are why the lure of phantom WMDs worked hook line and sinker.

Forum List

Back