Obama: Iran has a "right" to nuclear energy

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Obama says Iran's energy concerns legitimate

LONDON -- President Barack Obama suggested that Iran may have some right to nuclear energy _ provided it proves by the end of the year that its aspirations are peaceful.
In a BBC interview broadcast Tuesday, he also restated plans to pursue direct diplomacy with Tehran to encourage it set aside any ambitions for nuclear weapons it might harbor.
Iran has insisted its nuclear program is aimed at generating electricity. But the U.S. and other Western governments accuse Tehran of seeking atomic weapons.
"What I do believe is that Iran has legitimate energy concerns, legitimate aspirations," Obama said, adding that the international community also "has a very real interest" in preventing a nuclear arms race.
The president has indicated a willingness to seek deeper international sanctions against Tehran if it does not respond positively to U.S. attempts to open negotiations on its nuclear program. Obama has said Tehran has until the end of the year to show it wants to engage with Washington.
"Although I don't want to put artificial time tables on that process, we do want to make sure that, by the end of this year, we've actually seen a serious process move forward. And I think that we can measure whether or not the Iranians are serious," Obama said.
Obama's interview offered a preview of a speech he is to deliver in Egypt this week, saying he hoped the address would warm relations between Americans and Muslims abroad.
"What we want to do is open a dialogue," Obama told the BBC. "You know, there are misapprehensions about the West, on the part of the Muslim world. And, obviously, there are some big misapprehensions about the Muslim world when it comes to those of us in the West."

Course they do obamalama course they do! that's how we know ya love us the good ole usa so damn much innit??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What he really said... got lost in there, eh?

"What I do believe is that Iran has legitimate energy concerns, legitimate aspirations," Obama said, adding that the international community also "has a very real interest" in preventing a nuclear arms race.

I don't think anyone would say there aren't competing interests... and perhaps the fact that he knows that will enable him to see when Ahmadinejhad is full of it....

or maybe the ratcheted down rhetoric will enable him to enlist the more moderate Arab countries who are Sunni and have an interest in seeing the Shi'a in Iran kept at bay

just sayin'

Ah, yes, the Carter Doctrine. He worked those moderate states to prevail over the extremists like a master.

70s%20iranian%20hostages.jpeg

LONDON -- President Barack Obama suggested that Iran may have some right to nuclear energy _ provided it proves by the end of the year that its aspirations are peaceful.
In a BBC interview broadcast Tuesday, he also restated plans to pursue direct diplomacy with Tehran to encourage it set aside any ambitions for nuclear weapons it might harbor.
Iran has insisted its nuclear program is aimed at generating electricity. But the U.S. and other Western governments accuse Tehran of seeking atomic weapons.
The president has indicated a willingness to seek deeper international sanctions against Tehran if it does not respond positively to U.S. attempts to open negotiations on its nuclear program. Obama has said Tehran has until the end of the year to show it wants to engage with Washington.
"Although I don't want to put artificial time tables on that process, we do want to make sure that, by the end of this year, we've actually seen a serious process move forward. And I think that we can measure whether or not the Iranians are serious," Obama said.
Obama's interview offered a preview of a speech he is to deliver in Egypt this week, saying he hoped the address would warm relations between Americans and Muslims abroad.
"What we want to do is open a dialogue," Obama told the BBC. "You know, there are misapprehensions about the West, on the part of the Muslim world. And, obviously, there are some big misapprehensions about the Muslim world when it comes to those of us in the West."

If they can't/won't stop N. Korea, how we gonna stop Iran?

Fuck Israel. Let them deal with Iran. None of our business.

And fuck Americans fighting these bullshit wars. I saw a documentary on Mohamad Ali last night. He was sooo right. Why should a black man go to another country to kill brown men for the white man?

All wars are about rich people making a power grab. If Dick Cheney wants to go die for his cause, we can strap a fucking suicide bomb on his fat ass and let him blow himself up. That's what he asks our kids to do. Fuck the GOP and yes, Iran can have a nuke too. How many other countries have them? Fuck it!!!! They can't reach the USA.

you know what's funny about this latest goddamn spew from the obamalama??? Iran is entitled to Nuclear energy.. America is not?? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe *GASP* Iran does have as much energy aspirations as any other nation... holy SHIT! It's almost as if someone required the US to use up all of it's oil as an excuse not to allow us nuclear power... oh wait.. that didn't happen.

That this story conveys more than the typical blind zionist hardline "I wanna kill some iranians" slant makes my day.

Ah, yes, the Carter Doctrine. He worked those moderate states to prevail over the extremists like a master.

70s%20iranian%20hostages.jpeg

That was 30 fucking years ago.. what were WE doing at the very same period in time THIRTY FUCKING YEARS AGO?

saddam+rumsfeld.jpg

get the fuck over it and find common ground, stupid.

you know what's funny about this latest goddamn spew from the obamalama??? Iran is entitled to Nuclear energy.. America is not?? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

uh, who is banning nukes here in the US? I live no less than 1 hour from a fucking nuclear reactor. Hell, the college IN TOWN has a goddamn nuke reactor! Why must you say dumb shit?

starting to waiver on supporting Obama, there David?

uh, who is banning nukes here in the US? I live no less than 1 hour from a fucking nuclear reactor. Hell, the college IN TOWN has a goddamn nuke reactor! Why must you say dumb shit?

when was the last fucking time we built one? and how much energy do they provide... where are the forthcoming permits to build the plants we need.. Hello? I'll wait.. popcorn in hand. oh and while yer at it explain why we can't drill our own fucking oil and natural gas whydonchya?

when was the last fucking time we built one? and how much energy do they provide... where are the forthcoming permits to build the plants we need.. Hello? I'll wait.. popcorn in hand. oh and while yer at it explain why we can't drill our own fucking oil and natural gas whydonchya?

I was thinking the same thing after reading his post, the same applies to oil refineries as well.

Maybe *GASP* Iran does have as much energy aspirations as any other nation... holy SHIT! It's almost as if someone required the US to use up all of it's oil as an excuse not to allow us nuclear power... oh wait.. that didn't happen.

That this story conveys more than the typical blind zionist hardline "I wanna kill some iranians" slant makes my day.

Who said Iran was the enemy? Cheney? Israel?

I don't care about either.

Of course I don't want Israel to be nuked, but that would be death to Iran, so it aint going to happen.

Don't believe Cheney when he says Iran doesn't care. Yes they do. They are just like us.

Right wingers have just been swallowing Cheney's bullshit.

Look at how they lied about the threat Iraq was to us. :eusa_liar:

Course they do obamalama course they do! that's how we know ya love us the good ole usa so damn much innit??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

More jibberish from lamebrain. No one has EVER claimed that Iran did not have the right to pursue nuclear energy developmet.

Who said Iran was the enemy? Cheney? Israel?

I don't care about either.

Of course I don't want Israel to be nuked, but that would be death to Iran, so it aint going to happen.

Don't believe Cheney when he says Iran doesn't care. Yes they do. They are just like us.

Right wingers have just been swallowing Cheney's bullshit.

Look at how they lied about the threat Iraq was to us. :eusa_liar:

If Ahmadinejad gets his way, Iran will nuke Israel. You see, he believes armageddon will bring about the 12th imam of Islam. The Mullahs control the military, but ahmadinejad's rhetoric is dangerous.

More jibberish from lamebrain. No one has EVER claimed that Iran did not have the right to pursue nuclear energy developmet.

can you spell development? try it sometime before you address me as "lamebrain" it helps make yer case! cupcake! :lol::lol::lol:

All of your dumb questions are easily answered with a few clicks. Try it sometime instead of posting your silly blather, proving you don't actually KNOW a goddamned thing.

If they can't/won't stop N. Korea, how we gonna stop Iran?

Fuck Israel. Let them deal with Iran. None of our business.

And fuck Americans fighting these bullshit wars. I saw a documentary on Mohamad Ali last night. He was sooo right. Why should a black man go to another country to kill brown men for the white man?

All wars are about rich people making a power grab. If Dick Cheney wants to go die for his cause, we can strap a fucking suicide bomb on his fat ass and let him blow himself up. That's what he asks our kids to do. Fuck the GOP and yes, Iran can have a nuke too. How many other countries have them? Fuck it!!!! They can't reach the USA.

If they can develop a nuclear warhead, they will certainly be capable of developing a missile that can reach the US. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon enough. The problem is that even if we keep them from developing these weapons now, eventually they will have them. And it won't just be Iran and N. Korea, because more and more countries will develop them over time.

Forum List

Back