Obama: Iran has a "right" to nuclear energy

I suppose the next step is to offer to give the Iranians the nuclear materials needed to complete their weaponization like the Clintons did to North Korea.

Explain to me again why they need nuclear energy when they sit on top some of the largest oil reserves in the world and yet why we arent allowed to develop nuclear energy for power uses because of environmental concerns.

Am I the only one who sees the insanity in this?

It may be insane, but the debate is over whether or not a country like the United States has the right to force Iran to end development of nuclear energy. We do not.

we are still waiting for your wiki link cupcake!

I suppose the next step is to offer to give the Iranians the nuclear materials needed to complete their weaponization like the Clintons did to North Korea.

Explain to me again why they need nuclear energy when they sit on top some of the largest oil reserves in the world and yet why we arent allowed to develop nuclear energy for power uses because of environmental concerns.

We aren't allowed to have nuclear energy because of the Environuts in this country like Al Whore. i really hope everyone knows that Iran isn't going to use the nuclear energy for peaceful purposes alone.

I guess you skipped right over the published analysis on the difficulties inherent with starting up new nuclear plants posted by Newby. Just blame it on Gore. Figures.

We aren't allowed to have nuclear energy because of the Environuts in this country like Al Whore. i really hope everyone knows that Iran isn't going to use the nuclear energy for peaceful purposes alone.

I guess you skipped right over the published analysis on the difficulties inherent with starting up new nuclear plants posted by Newby. Just blame it on Gore. Figures.

moving the goalposts.. :lol::lol::lol:

yeah, silly me. i should have known better than to quote the entire statement from his web site.
i'm sorry i couldn't keep up with his relentless spin; i've got inner ear problems.

Look, O clueless one, just Google Obama on Nuclear Energy and you'll see all sorts of articles where he is quoted. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry, I picked one from <gasp> his OWN website, where one would THINK those were HIS actual words. Duh...

and yet i pick one from his own web site and there's nary a mention of nukes.
go figure, huh?
truly, a man for all seasons.

Er, I assumed since you SAID it came from his website, that it actually did. I'll know better than to assume anything coming from you from now on. The need to double and often triple check facts for the lazy fact-free herd gets rather tedius, however.

Iran does have a right to pursue nuclear energy. The IAEA has found no evidence that Iran is violating the Non-Proliferation Treaty, and constantly trying to force them to prove a negative is ridiculous.

It may be insane, but the debate is over whether or not a country like the United States has the right to force Iran to end development of nuclear energy. We do not.

According to who? We have a right to take guns from felons. Yet we cant keep regimes who want to kill us from getting weapons of mass destruction. Fabulous policy there.

I think that is a realistic POV posted on their website. However, Three Mile Island did give nuclear energy a bad name for a very long time, which I think is also part of the reason. Our entire nuclear infrastructure does need updated, expanded and modernized however. So, we'll see where that goes over the next several years.

I think that is a realistic POV posted on their website. However, Three Mile Island did give nuclear energy a bad name for a very long time, which I think is also part of the reason. Our entire nuclear infrastructure does need updated, expanded and modernized however. So, we'll see where that goes over the next several years.

Stinkin Mutants...

"We"??? Everyone but you seems to be able to find answers quite easily. But here, I'll give you something that I KNOW you won't read. It's got big words.

The Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty

According to who? We have a right to take guns from felons. Yet we cant keep regimes who want to kill us from getting weapons of mass destruction. Fabulous policy there.

They're a sovereign nation that we have no authority over.

2003 anything changed since 2003??

The U.S. nuclear power industry, while currently generating about 20% of the nation's electricity, faces an uncertain long-term future. No nuclear plants have been ordered since 1978 and more than 100 reactors have been canceled, including all ordered after 1973. No units are currently under active construction; the Tennessee Valley Authority's Watts Bar 1 reactor, ordered in 1970 and licensed to operate in 1996, was the most recent U.S. nuclear unit to be completed. The nuclear power industry's troubles include high nuclear power plant construction costs, public concern about nuclear safety and waste disposal, and regulatory compliance costs.

High construction costs are perhaps the most serious obstacle to nuclear power expansion. Construction costs for reactors completed since the mid-1980s have ranged from $2-$6 billion, averaging more than $3,000 per kilowatt of electric generating capacity (in 1997 dollars). The nuclear industry predicts that new plant designs could be built for less than half that amount if many identical plants were built in a series, but such economies of scale have yet to be demonstrated.

Nuclear Energy in the United States

This looks about right.

So what was Maggie talking about when she said there were a ton of plants that had been built after Three Mile Island?

Is she simply misinformed, or intentionally misleading?

"We"??? Everyone but you seems to be able to find answers quite easily. But here, I'll give you something that I KNOW you won't read. It's got big words.

we wanna know the link to the 100 nuke plants that have been built since what was it? Three mile island"? I believe that was what we were waiting for.. cupcake!

we wanna know the link to the 100 nuke plants that have been built since what was it? Three mile island"? I believe that was what we were waiting for.. cupcake!

Yes - I would very much like to see that as well...

2003 anything changed since 2003??

The U.S. nuclear power industry, while currently generating about 20% of the nation's electricity, faces an uncertain long-term future. No nuclear plants have been ordered since 1978 and more than 100 reactors have been canceled, including all ordered after 1973. No units are currently under active construction; the Tennessee Valley Authority's Watts Bar 1 reactor, ordered in 1970 and licensed to operate in 1996, was the most recent U.S. nuclear unit to be completed. The nuclear power industry's troubles include high nuclear power plant construction costs, public concern about nuclear safety and waste disposal, and regulatory compliance costs.

High construction costs are perhaps the most serious obstacle to nuclear power expansion. Construction costs for reactors completed since the mid-1980s have ranged from $2-$6 billion, averaging more than $3,000 per kilowatt of electric generating capacity (in 1997 dollars). The nuclear industry predicts that new plant designs could be built for less than half that amount if many identical plants were built in a series, but such economies of scale have yet to be demonstrated.

Nuclear Energy in the United States

This looks about right.

So what was Maggie talking about when she said there were a ton of plants that had been built after Three Mile Island?

Is she simply misinformed, or intentionally misleading?

I don't know. She won't tell us.. she's busy on the feetball field.. :lol::lol:

You mean like how England and France had no right to force Nazi Germany to keep their army below a certain level? Is that what you mean?

You mean like how England and France had no right to force Nazi Germany to keep their army below a certain level? Is that what you mean?

I assume you mean after WW1 with the Treaty of Versailles? Technically it wasn't Nazi Germany at that point, it became the Weimar Republic. The harsh conditions imposed on Germany thanks to the Treaty of Versailles certainly helped the Nazi's gain power, however.

I assume you mean after WW1 with the Treaty of Versailles? Technically it wasn't Nazi Germany at that point, it became the Weimar Republic. The harsh conditions imposed on Germany thanks to the Treaty of Versailles certainly helped the Nazi's gain power, however.

No, it was Nazi Germany in 1936 when the Germans first broke the treaty by entering the Rheinland. Had France/Britain gone into the Rheinland, Hitler would have had to withdraw troops.

No, it was Nazi Germany in 1936 when the Germans first broke the treaty by entering the Rheinland. Had France/Britain gone into the Rheinland, Hitler would have had to withdraw troops.

Yes, but it was the Treaty of Versailles that was supposed to force Germany to maintain only a small army. The Weimar Republic is what emerged in Germany after WW1 and before the Nazis took over.

So what. Who the fuck are you to decide what national rescources a nation MUST use up before persuing another form of energy? OH yea, a comfy jew hiding behinde the freedom of the US. silly me.

Your jewish racism is showing, dave. Careful, don't let a girl like Amanda intimidate you.

Asshole, do you ever actually address someone's points in their post, or do you think racist bluster will win you brownie points? You should be banned just for being an idiot who has yet to provide the slightest crumb of intelligence in any post, in any thread.

HA! I'll tell you what, noobtoast.. stick around longer than it took for you to grow a pair of testicles and then MAYBE someone will give a fuck about who you think should get banned.

Go cry to the I-mossad, bitch.

Neither Dave OR your jewish ass has authority to tell anyone what resrouces they must use before choosing to go nuclear. Put that on your yarmulke and smoke it, motherfucker.

Forum List

Back