Obama: Iran has a "right" to nuclear energy

since shogun is a lazy poop....

China tells US to stop 'illegal' naval activities

china tells us to stop 'illegal' naval activities - Google Search

tell me, what does china demand of the US when dealing with taiwan....

china taiwan us relations - Google Search

i really can't believe you stuck to your guns like this over something so easy to school you on....

I'm sure we'd have a similar response if China sent naval ships into our waters, in fact we'd probably just sink them. Though I think Shogun was speaking of domestic policy, not necessarily foreign policy.

taiwan....china demands we don't sell arms to taiwan...it doesn't matter if it is foreign or domestic, his claim was that NO country tells the US what to do...that is a false statement and if you really think it through, the reason many in the US don't want iran to have nuclear power is not that we want to tell them what to do with domestic policy, it is that they do not want iran to have nuclear weapons would as you know, is more about foreign policy.

You speak as though such a "strike" would be by conventional means. What if Iran DOES have nuclear bombs hidden below ground and just hasn't figured out a way to deploy them? By bombing every rise in the sand, we're apt to set off a nuclear holocaust anyway. Then what?

There are all sorts of considerations that smarter guys in the room have considered, that being only one. Another is Iran's ability to shut off the Strait of Hormuz to ingress and egress for tankers from all over the world causing a huge global shortage of oil. There are major geopolitical considerations we well. We can't keep going around invading countries just because they piss us off by not playing by our rules.

First off, bombing the nukes in the ground wouldn't set off a nuclear explosion, only the nuclear triggers themselves can do that. However, bombing the reactors like Natanz and Bashir would release clouds of radiation, and would need to be avoided.

But on your other point, you are absolutely correct, that there are things going on and facts unavailable to the public that I cannot access, that would explain why the US hasn't already taken iran out. The iraq terrorism should have been enough to crush and destroy iran's heinous government, and for a long time I have wondered why the US allowed them to get away with it.

Idiot asshole, israel got its nuke tech from France. Thats the problem with racists, to be that stupid about people, its not as if they will get the facts correct about other things, like...history.

You are correct, I apologize for calling you an idiot, and was out of order to do so.

As for the troll here, you need to look at how he has cursed at me and insulted me and other posters in the most vile ways for days, so you are entering this game at a very late stage. In a traditionally modded forum, he would have been loooooooong gone.

:lol::lol:

Once again, the issue is your assertion that a hundred nuclear plants have been built in the U.S. since the Three Mile Island incident.

That is the information I was seeking, for I had never heard such a claim before, and it has been widely understood by even those with little knowledge of the subject, that no new plants have been commissioned in America in about 30 years.

So did you make an error - or were you being intentionally misleading, or do you have a link to support your statement regarding those 100 post-Three Mile Island nuclear facilities?

Thank you!

I assume most of them had at least been ordered and/or under construction at the time of the Three Mile Island incident. Better? I am never intentionally misleading. EVER. If you misunderstood because of my choice of words, I apologize.

That said, if in 30 years an additional 35 reactors have gone online, and using the 10-year timeframe as the average amount of time it takes to go through the regulatory and construction processes, frankly I'm surprised it's that many.

I don't know MM, seems pretty big assumption on your part:

Washingtonpost.com: Three Mile Island

Live Discussion
Nuclear Power Since Three Mile Island

Tuesday, March 30, 1999

The nuclear power industry has built no new plants in the United States since the partial meltdown at one of two reactors on Three Mile Island 20 years ago. Washington Post business reporter Martha M. Hamilton joined us live online today to discuss changes in the nuclear energy industry since the 1979 accident.

washingtonpost.com: Welcome, Martha. To start, how did the accident at Three Mile Island change the nuclear power business in the United States?

Martha M. Hamilton: It drove a stake through the heart of any new construction. No new nuclear plants have been built since then in the United States. GPU, which owned Three Mile Island, had $425 million invested in construction of what was to be a new plant at the time and canceled it. ...

What can I say? I posted the NRC website which gave the numbers of 104 oprational reactors, up from 69 thirty years ago. Why would I lie? Why would the Nuclear Regulatory Commission lie? Maybe the 35 additional reactors were already built but sat idle for x-number of years. I haven't really studied the site, but I think if anyone cares to, the answers can easily be found.

I'm not arguing against nuclear energy, by the way. But I do understand both sides of the issue--on the one hand it's clean and reliable, and on the other there remains the problem of the spent rods. But I think that problem is going to be quickly resolved by the latest European technology of recycling those rods. Problem solved. GO NUKE!!

Hi rhodescholar. Mod here. You have been insulting others in your posts as well so spare me your whining bullshit. We are very pro free speech around here. If you can't hang in the jungle then I suggest you head back to the hannity forums, the "free"republic, or where ever the hell you came from.

WTH? How can someone even tell who is a moderator here?

I didn't say I had a problem with it, its just that for kennedy to question my insults while watching shogun curse over and over at people seemed more than a little absurd.

Last edited:
Hi rhodescholar. Mod here. You have been insulting others in your posts as well so spare me your whining bullshit. We are very pro free speech around here. If you can't hang in the jungle then I suggest you head back to the hannity forums, the "free"republic, or where ever the hell you came from.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't say I had a problem with it, its just that for kennedy to question my insults while watching shogun curse over and over at people seemed more than a little absurd.
[/QUOTE]
pwned6.jpg

sweet, maybe they can develop the world's most deadliest poison and sell it to whomever they want. why stop at science though, let's give them the right to kill anyone within their borders, afterall, its sovereignty

How do you propose to stop it? Try THINKING before you answer.

don't change your story, you claimed it was a right, you mentioned nothing about stopping anything, but you don't like the full implications of your unreasoned response so you attack and change your stance

You're not making any sense. None, nada, zip.

Ask yourself WHY the United States should have the POWER to enforce what some other country develops using their own scientists and engineers. Are all nations of the world supposed to abide by OUR Constitution and OUR laws? There are international laws governing certain no-nos, but there is nothing that allows one country to dictate the conduct of another country, unless of course the losing country is swallowed up by war.

I question people when they insult me for no reason, but the key to it is not turning around and insulting other people.

since shogun is a lazy poop....

China tells US to stop 'illegal' naval activities

china tells us to stop 'illegal' naval activities - Google Search

china taiwan us relations - Google Search

i really can't believe you stuck to your guns like this over something so easy to school you on....

I'm sure we'd have a similar response if China sent naval ships into our waters, in fact we'd probably just sink them. Though I think Shogun was speaking of domestic policy, not necessarily foreign policy.

taiwan....china demands we don't sell arms to taiwan...it doesn't matter if it is foreign or domestic, his claim was that NO country tells the US what to do...that is a false statement and if you really think it through, the reason many in the US don't want iran to have nuclear power is not that we want to tell them what to do with domestic policy, it is that they do not want iran to have nuclear weapons would as you know, is more about foreign policy.

Well we shouldn't be selling arms to anyone.

However, we are telling Iran what to do with it's domestic policy and we have no right to do so.

I assume most of them had at least been ordered and/or under construction at the time of the Three Mile Island incident. Better? I am never intentionally misleading. EVER. If you misunderstood because of my choice of words, I apologize.

That said, if in 30 years an additional 35 reactors have gone online, and using the 10-year timeframe as the average amount of time it takes to go through the regulatory and construction processes, frankly I'm surprised it's that many.

I don't know MM, seems pretty big assumption on your part:

Washingtonpost.com: Three Mile Island

Live Discussion
Nuclear Power Since Three Mile Island

Tuesday, March 30, 1999

The nuclear power industry has built no new plants in the United States since the partial meltdown at one of two reactors on Three Mile Island 20 years ago. Washington Post business reporter Martha M. Hamilton joined us live online today to discuss changes in the nuclear energy industry since the 1979 accident.

washingtonpost.com: Welcome, Martha. To start, how did the accident at Three Mile Island change the nuclear power business in the United States?

Martha M. Hamilton: It drove a stake through the heart of any new construction. No new nuclear plants have been built since then in the United States. GPU, which owned Three Mile Island, had $425 million invested in construction of what was to be a new plant at the time and canceled it. ...

What can I say? I posted the NRC website which gave the numbers of 104 oprational reactors, up from 69 thirty years ago. Why would I lie? Why would the Nuclear Regulatory Commission lie? Maybe the 35 additional reactors were already built but sat idle for x-number of years. I haven't really studied the site, but I think if anyone cares to, the answers can easily be found.

I'm not arguing against nuclear energy, by the way. But I do understand both sides of the issue--on the one hand it's clean and reliable, and on the other there remains the problem of the spent rods. But I think that problem is going to be quickly resolved by the latest European technology of recycling those rods. Problem solved. GO NUKE!!

On that we totally agree.

Greatly expanded Nuclear energy must be fast tracked.

Alas, this current administration does not appear willing to do so. Obama's stance on nuclear energy has been tepid at best, when energy reality should require that it be far more supportive.

Here is Obama giving yet another lukewarm (and bloviating) response to the nuclear energy question where he falls back on the tried and true liberal supports of solar and biodiesel, etc. (And of course every politicians use of the "kid-card".) I am all for solar, wind, bioiesel - but those are secondary options. Nuclear is a completely viable and first tier energy source.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R52J2D5QQU]YouTube - Barack on Nuclear Energy[/ame]

Mods user names are in orange. Administrators are in red.

They're listed (coded) above all the other members at the bottom of the first screen after logging on.

Don't sweat it.

Just speak your mind, and let the chips fall where they may.

However, we are telling Iran what to do with it's domestic policy and we have no right to do so.

while i don't agree we should, we sure as hell do....its how the world works...if your neighbor is loud, you would ask them to turn the music or whatever down...what gives you the right to do that?

why shouldn't we sell arms to anyone? are you saying we don't have a right to?

while i don't agree we should, we sure as hell do....its how the world works...if your neighbor is loud, you would ask them to turn the music or whatever down...what gives you the right to do that?

You have the right to ask them to turn the music down, you don't have the right to go into their home and smash their stereo.

We shouldn't sell arms to anyone because we should be practicing a non-interventionist foreign policy, and selling arms to people isn't non-interventionist.

You have the right to ask them to turn the music down, you don't have the right to go into their home and smash their stereo.

We shouldn't sell arms to anyone because we should be practicing a non-interventionist foreign policy, and selling arms to people isn't non-interventionist.

strawman, i never mentioned going in and bombing iran....you have me confused with someone else...last i checked US policy and UN policy is to sanction them, something wholly different than going in and smashing their reactor....and guess what, if they don't want their neighbors sanctioning them, then don't play the loud music....

do you really want every country in the world to have nuclear weapons?

again, do we have the right to sell arms? we are talking about so called rights....

strawman, i never mentioned going in and bombing iran....you have me confused with someone else...last i checked US policy and UN policy is to sanction them, something wholly different than going in and smashing their reactor....and guess what, if they don't want their neighbors sanctioning them, then don't play the loud music....

again, do we have the right to sell arms? we are talking about so called rights....

Sanctions don't hurt the government, only the people. So I would be against sanctions as well. We should learn not to adopt a double-standard. We have nukes, Israel has nukes, so we have no right to stop anyone else from obtaining nukes.

I see nothing in the Constitution that states our government has the authority to be an arms dealer around the world, so I would say not.

Sanctions don't hurt the government, only the people. So I would be against sanctions as well. We should learn not to adopt a double-standard. We have nukes, Israel has nukes, so we have no right to stop anyone else from obtaining nukes.

I see nothing in the Constitution that states our government has the authority to be an arms dealer around the world, so I would say not.

if only the government would abide the constitution.....with that said, i don't see the constitution limits the president from selling arms, he has authority under his foreign powers to sell arms, IMO...or are you goign to actually argue that the US has no authority to engage in any trade with a foreign nation whatsoever....

hey, we nuked japan, let's not have double standards and tell others they can't nuke....hell, let's everybody have a nuke party becuase the US did it...we allow police to have guns, but not felons....double standard...as to sanctions only hurting the people, that is up the leaders, not the sanctions, nice try

Forum List

Back