Obama in serious trouble--Sestak confirms WH offer to drop out of Senate race

Again, as Robert Gibbs has said that the Obama White House has already investigated the Obama White House and found that the Obama White House did nothing wrong, why not provide the details and be done with it?

like the bush white house did when they outed a CIA agent?

i'd assume they'll give answers under appropriate circumstances to appropriate people and then whatever comes out will be public.

or should we allow the people with obama derangement syndrome to try, convict and execute before they even have a drop of information (you know, like the O/P).

Again, as Robert Gibbs has said that the Obama White House has already investigated the Obama White House and found that the Obama White House did nothing wrong, why not provide the details and be done with it?

Obviously Democrats are not going to investigate themselves. One more big incentive to vote Democrats out in coming elections. The Republicans will have to regain some power in Congress for any real investigations to move forward. It is what it is.

Interesting how Dems ran Obama on the whole "Hopey Changey" thing, but then their first defense is ... "it happens all the time".

So much for the change lie huh?

I.D.I.O.T.S

what exactly did the president do/say?

maybe facts are important before the rightwingnuts start to spew?

Naw...spew first...wipe up spittle later...:lol::lol::lol:

Fascinating to see the inept liberals in this forum defend something that even the White House is saying, 'Well IF we did that then yes it would be a crime..."

The White House is scrambling, Obama is getting the hell out of town quick, and the oil is flowing fast and furious...

If Sestak had been, say, a guy whose only experience was running horse shows, and Obama told him he was considering him for SECNAV, that might be cause for alarm. (Oh wait...that happened already and not one republican said BOO about it!) As it turns out, as an Annapolis grad and a retired three star admiral, Joe Sestak might very well have been a better SECNAV than he will be a Senator.

Wow....funny how you all of a sudden dismiss federal law in favor of politics. If a job was offered to Sestak, like he says, as a carrot for him to withdraw from the Senate race, like he said it was, that is a felony under federal statutes. What part of THAT do you not understand? What were you? A commander in the Supply Corps, an intel weenie, what? There's no way an unrestricted line Commander coud be this aloof. I spent 20 years in and NEVER met a SWO, SEAL , Doc or JAG like you.

why would it have to be a "carrot"? Why wouldn't the white house want to make sure that they were not going to nominate a guy who would beat the incumbent in the primary and then not run for the seat. "Hey Joe... if you wanna be SECNAV, you'd be great, but there's no sense thinking about nominating you if you would rather be a senator. You pick." He did.

Oh, and fyi, I'm an 1110.

Wrong conclusion.....What you and others are conveniently glossing over is he was offered a job to drop out of the race....that's against the law. Sestak turned it down. He's not stupid.

What sea commands did you have?

Last edited:
+
as stated earlier - the sestak story has the white house in full on red alert mode...

___

axelrod acknowledged that if white house officials dangled a job in front of rep. Joe sestak’s face to keep him away from challenging incumbent sen. Arlen specter, that would “constitute a serious breach of the law.”[/i]

axelrod also acknowledged that there were “conversations” involving white house officials and sestak, but said that those had been “looked at” by white house lawyers and “their conclusion was that it was perfect — the conversations were perfectly appropriate

witness testimony does qualify as evidence, however, and sestak has insisted on multiple occasions that the bribe attempt happened. Either sestak is lying, or sestak is telling the truth. If it’s the latter, then someone in the obama administration committed a felony, and perhaps more than one, by axelrod’s own admission. If it didn’t happen, then joe sestak is lying. In order to defend itself, the white house has been put in the position of having to call its party’s nominee for the us senate a liar.
____

hot air axelrod: No evidence that sestak is telling the truth
[/quote]

i'd assume they'll give answers under appropriate circumstances to appropriate people and then whatever comes out will be public.

or should we allow the people with obama derangement syndrome to try, convict and execute before they even have a drop of information (you know, like the O/P).

If you think the Bush Administration mishandled the Plame situation, then why accept a similar lack of transparency from Obama? Isn't he the one who promised to end Politics As Usual?

The Plame situation resulted in Congressional Hearings, a grand jury investigation, and the prosecution of an administration official. If this case is really similar, then get ready for the same. If nothing wrong occurred, the Obama Administration is self-inflicting damage by not releasing the details and ending the controversy.

Last edited:

If you think the Bush Administration mishandled the Plame situation, then why accept a similar lack of transparency from Obama? Isn't he the one who promised to end Politics As Usual?
____

Good question - let us see if the few defenders of Obama can offer up a reasonable reply...:eusa_angel:

Then why not provide the facts instead of allowing this open ended drama to continue?

for the same reason he won't authorize Hawaii to show you the original of his birth certificate. Because when Republicans expend all their energies looking like weirdos whose only purpose is to "get" Obama, instead of actually attempting to partner with the other side of the aisle and work to forge consensus solutions, the electorate notices.

Asshole!!

You just made me choke on my damned coffee!!!

Coming from someone that thinks bipartisanship is locking the door, that's fucking hilarious!!!
:lol:

So we use this Bush/Plame thing to justify complacency and ignorance from the President who promised us change? Is that how this works?

Wow....funny how you all of a sudden dismiss federal law in favor of politics. If a job was offered to Sestak, like he says, as a carrot for him to withdraw from the Senate race, like he said it was, that is a felony under federal statutes. What part of THAT do you not understand? What were you? A commander in the Supply Corps, an intel weenie, what? There's no way an unrestricted line Commander coud be this aloof. I spent 20 years in and NEVER met a SWO, SEAL , Doc or JAG like you.

why would it have to be a "carrot"? Why wouldn't the white house want to make sure that they were not going to nominate a guy who would beat the incumbent in the primary and then not run for the seat. "Hey Joe... if you wanna be SECNAV, you'd be great, but there's no sense thinking about nominating you if you would rather be a senator. You pick." He did.

Wrong conclusion.....What you and others are conveniently glossing over is he was offered a job to drop out of the race....that's against the law. Sestak turned it down. He's not stupid.

do you have any proof that he was offered a job to drop out of the race? of course you don't. And I have little interest in sharing my personal career history with you.

Then why not provide the facts instead of allowing this open ended drama to continue?

for the same reason he won't authorize Hawaii to show you the original of his birth certificate. Because when Republicans expend all their energies looking like weirdos whose only purpose is to "get" Obama, instead of actually attempting to partner with the other side of the aisle and work to forge consensus solutions, the electorate notices.

Asshole!!

You just made me choke on my damned coffee!!!

Coming from someone that thinks bipartisanship is locking the door, that's fucking hilarious!!!
:lol:

I am all for bipartisan solutions... it seems that the other side is not so interested.

So we use this Bush/Plame thing to justify complacency and ignorance from the President who promised us change? Is that how this works?
That's how it works in the Obamabot mind, PP.

Remember, Obama farts rose scented fairy dust. He shits ribbons of rainbows. He's the messiah. He can do no wrong!

Sestak claims he was offered a job - and Gibbs has confirmed that the Obama White House has investigated The Obama White House and concluded that the Obama White House did nothing wrong.

So, why not just provide the information so we can all know what really happened?

Where on where is the TRANSPARENCY?

actually, not quite true. the language used under such circumstances is pivotal to whether something improper occurred.

for example: drop out and we'll make you secretary of state improper (although to be fair, I don't understand why. political parties try to co-opt people all the time on both sides of the aisle -- but i digress.)

why don't you not run against arlen? there are so many opportunities available to you. you could even be secretary of the navy. proper

so which was it?

Last edited:
Sestak claims he was offered a job - and Gibbs has confirmed that the Obama White House has investigated The Obama White House and concluded that the Obama White House did nothing wrong.

So, why not just provide the information so we can all know what really happened?

I think that it would be have been BRILLIANT if Obama could have talked Sestak into being his SECNAV instead of running for the senate. THen we would have had Spector running against Toomey and a smart Annapolis three star running the Navy. Win-win.

do you have any proof that he was offered a job to drop out of the race? of course you don't. And I have little interest in sharing my personal career history with you.

Exactly...you didn't command shit!

and Sestak's OWN WORDS are proof enough for me!!!! You see...he has qualities that allowed him to be promoted to Admiral...honor, integrity and character...

Last edited:

You got your answer. Remind you of the hundreds of times Cheney said it was none of your damned business?

Nothing to see here ...move on...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

We can all hear Sestak in his own words say that he was offered a job.

What possible motivation could he have for making such a false claim?

Exactly...you didn't command shit!

and Sestak's OWN WORDS are proof enough for me!!!!

and again... it would have been brilliant of Obama if he could have talked Sestak into becoming SecNav instead of running for the senate... you yourself acknowledge he is preeminently qualified for the job.

Oh, and I did not have command at sea, but did have command ashore. and I retired as a commander. You are aware that that is a rank and not merely a job title? :cuckoo:

and if you DOUBT me and want to persist in insulting my service, why don't you man up and make some sort of potent wager so that I can fax you a copy of my ID card and you can send me a large check. How would that be?

Forum List

Back