"I'm gonna kill you!"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midcan5, May 25, 2010.

1. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,306
  2. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    They need to get used to it..... not saying its right, but when you govern against the will of the people these things are going to happen.

I personally think some of it is BS. :eusa_liar:
    If "said lawmaker" can garner some simpathy for getting calls they dont like, its all the better for him/her. :hmpf:

3. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,112
    I personally think it is wrong for ANYONE to say they are going to KILL SOMEONE, for ANY REASON.

It is wrong....it is SICKO SICK sick sick. Anyone who thinks they need to kill their representative if they don't vote precisely as they want.

People like this need to get a grip...and seek psychological HELP.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. The Infidel

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    Agreed, but I think they are just a bit thin skinned these days, and also exagerating the fact too.... just my opinion though.

5. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,112
    oh, no doubt political posturing could be taking place, but regardless.....throwing out...''I am going to kill you'' is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE and no one should be threatening others in this manner.

Vote the SOB out of office, campaign against them and their positions, BUT to say to the Representative that they are going to kill them is the voice of someone very sick in the head...incapable of dealing with the roller coaster of life in general imho.

care

6. Middleman

Middleman Defender of the month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +289
    It is a symptom of general public anger. For every call made by a crazy, there are thousands of solid citizens who are also angry, but would never do such a thing. So you can look at this as a sort of temperature gauge. And, when people are under economic stress, they are more likely to crack and do nutty things like beat their wife, or this sort of stuff.

Most everyone I know was affected by the downturn. I personally lost some money. I didn't lose the farm, so to speak, but I was affected. It is a widespread severe recession that has affected millions. Apparently some people are cracking. But much more are just very angry and will lash out at the ballot box.

7. The Infidel

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173

Yep... I cant wait till November :eusa_pray:

8. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,306
    I disagree, in a democracy or constitutional republic, there will always be disagreement, and the purpose of civilization or a civilized people is to work out the issues and not threaten. We do not live in a nation that abuses the law, we live in a nation that is ruled by law. Anarchism isn't the way. Nothing has been done to these people to warrant the craziness - unless one considers the talking heads spewing a new sort of hatred against government and our elected officials.

I have this book, but darn the price sure has gone through the roof. See library.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Law-Disagreement-Jeremy-Waldron/dp/0199243034/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: Law and Disagreement (9780199243037): Jeremy Waldron: Books[/ame]

9. The Infidel

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    Does anyone remember the hatred that was spewed at Bush for 8 solid years. Hell, there was even a movie about an assasination of him... GOOD GAWD, get a grip!

There is never a good reason to threaten someone with bodily harm, but I believe the latest threats are far and few between. All elected officials have gotten them, not just the lefty pussies. They are just trying to get some sympathy and it isnt working with me.
    Actually, the only real violence I have seen is from the left. (i.e. a guy getting his finger bit off, SEIU members beating up a black man, a rock thrown thru a Republicans window... etc etc....)

Give me a break
    :eusa_boohoo:

10. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,373
    Seems to me that the lashing out is against people that are actually trying to alleviate the pain. And I don't excuse this kind of thing at all. No matter what side it comes from, people who do this should be tracked down, have their houses and all their property searched, then be relieved of any weopons they own for the duration of their life. Too damned many Tim McVeighs out there.