Obama in serious trouble--Sestak confirms WH offer to drop out of Senate race

We can all hear Sestak in his own words say that he was offered a job.

What possible motivation could he have for making such a false claim?

who says the claim was false? He would have been a PERFECT SecNav!

I can easily understand why the Obama administration would have offfered him the position... he is preeminently qualified for it.

The claim wasn't false...what he said numerous times is on tape and admissible in any investigation. What Gibbs said is on tape as well and admissible. He admitted a conversation took place in the White House about this job offer if Sestak agreed to drop out of the Senate race.

I can easily understand why the Obama administration would have offfered him the position... he is preeminently qualified for it.

Then why fuel a controversy when providing the facts could end it?

Then why fuel a controversy when providing the facts could end it?

you've read the answer. you're intentionally ignoring it.

no surprises. :cuckoo:

do you have any proof that he was offered a job to drop out of the race? of course you don't. And I have little interest in sharing my personal career history with you.

Exactly...you didn't command shit!

and Sestak's OWN WORDS are proof enough for me!!!!

and again... it would have been brilliant of Obama if he could have talked Sestak into becoming SecNav instead of running for the senate... you yourself acknowledge he is preeminently qualified for the job.

Oh, and I did not have command at sea, but did have command ashore. and I retired as a commander. You are aware that that is a rank and not merely a job title? :cuckoo:

and if you DOUBT me and want to persist in insulting my service, why don't you man up and make some sort of potent wager so that I can fax you a copy of my ID card and you can send me a large check. How would that be?

Most Cdr.s I know would be proud of their commands and not hide them. But if you choose to go that route then that's your option. I can get copies of DD Form 2 cards on line too...but I don't need to because I know mine is real. It's blue and has an indefinite expiration date.

why would it have to be a "carrot"? Why wouldn't the white house want to make sure that they were not going to nominate a guy who would beat the incumbent in the primary and then not run for the seat. "Hey Joe... if you wanna be SECNAV, you'd be great, but there's no sense thinking about nominating you if you would rather be a senator. You pick." He did.

Oh, and fyi, I'm an 1110.

Wrong conclusion.....What you and others are conveniently glossing over is he was offered a job to drop out of the race....that's against the law. Sestak turned it down. He's not stupid.

What sea commands did you have?

do you have any proof that he was offered a job to drop out of the race? of course you don't. And I have little interest in sharing my personal career history with you.

From KWY:

During the taping of my Comcast Network Voice of Reason show, which airs Sunday night at 9:30, I asked Congressman Joe Sestak: “Is it true that you were offered a high ranking job in the administration in a bid to get you to drop out of the primary against Arlen Specter?”

Sestak looked a little surprised by the question. He said, “Yes.”

Sestak Surprises Me With A Bombshell Answer at The Larry Kane Report

Here's the audio.

KYW Newsradio 1060 Philadelphia -

The claim wasn't false...what he said numerous times is on tape and admissible in any investigation. What Gibbs said is on tape as well and admissible. He admitted a conversation took place in the White House about this job offer if Sestak agreed to drop out of the Senate race.

again, the words used are pivotal.

you can ignore that or not. but the law doesn't ignore it.

Wrong conclusion.....What you and others are conveniently glossing over is he was offered a job to drop out of the race....that's against the law. Sestak turned it down. He's not stupid.

What sea commands did you have?

From KWY:

During the taping of my Comcast Network Voice of Reason show, which airs Sunday night at 9:30, I asked Congressman Joe Sestak: “Is it true that you were offered a high ranking job in the administration in a bid to get you to drop out of the primary against Arlen Specter?”

Here's the audio.

____

For anyone to attempt to say this is not a big story - a Democrat candidate for U.S. Senate stating directly that the White House offered a bribe in an attempt to remove him from the political race is utter insanity.

Even David Axelrod admitted such an act would be a serious crime.

So who is lying here? Sestak or the White House?

Either way, it's a BIG STORY.

From KWY:

Here's the audio.

____

For anyone to attempt to say this is not a big story - a Democrat candidate for U.S. Senate stating directly that the White House offered a bribe in an attempt to remove him from the political race is utter insanity.

Much ado about nothing is what it is.

+

From KWY:

Here's the audio.

____

and here's where your logic...and excuse falls flat on it's face...the job is aready filled.

Phone rings in SecNav's office...Obama: "Hey Ray how's it going buddy? Uhhhh let me be clear here....you're doing a great job and we all have the highest regard for your service...BUT...I have to ask you to step aside so I can install Admiral Sestak as the new SecNav....mk? Call me...I may be able to find you a job doing something else...have your peeps get a hold of my peeps...we'll set it up. " (wink wink nod)

Exactly...you didn't command shit!

and Sestak's OWN WORDS are proof enough for me!!!!

and again... it would have been brilliant of Obama if he could have talked Sestak into becoming SecNav instead of running for the senate... you yourself acknowledge he is preeminently qualified for the job.

Oh, and I did not have command at sea, but did have command ashore. and I retired as a commander. You are aware that that is a rank and not merely a job title? :cuckoo:

and if you DOUBT me and want to persist in insulting my service, why don't you man up and make some sort of potent wager so that I can fax you a copy of my ID card and you can send me a large check. How would that be?

Most Cdr.s I know would be proud of their commands and not hide them. But if you choose to go that route then that's your option. I can get copies of DD Form 2 cards on line too...but I don't need to because I know mine is real. It's blue and has an indefinite expiration date.

Most commanders are not fortunate enough to get even ONE command at sea... I was not, along with most other commanders that I know. I was fortunate enough to have command ashore. Do the math... how many O-5 1110s are there, and how many surface ships are in commission that are rated for a commander CO. but...Like I said... you wanna keep insulting me service, man up and make a potent wager and I'll figure out some way to prove to you my status as a retired Navy O-5 surface warfare officer and you can write me a big check. WHy would you have a problem with that? If you don't want to man up, then show a modicum of class and stop insulting your superiors.

Interesting how Dems ran Obama on the whole "Hopey Changey" thing, but then their first defense is ... "it happens all the time".

So much for the change lie huh?

I.D.I.O.T.S

what exactly did the president do/say?

maybe facts are important before the rightwingnuts start to spew?

My comment had nothing to do with whether or not Obama is guilty of anything.

My comment is solely that Obama ran on the whole "hope and change" message and you bought into it.

but yet... your first response is "hey... everyone does it"

That would mean the whole premise of his election.. hope and change... was a lie and that you bought into it.. hook line and sinker.

Congrats.

This is a really stupid premise. Even if it was true, here's how the explanation goes:

The Obama administration wanted to hire Sestak for a position in their cabinet, so they asked him to come work for them instead of running for office.

That is not a "federal offense" in any way, shape or form.

You idiots are really grasping at straws here. Gonna try to get Ken Starr to take a whack at the Obama administration? Good luck. LOL.

and here's where your logic...and excuse falls flat on it's face...the job is aready filled.

Phone rings in SecNav's office...Obama: "Hey Ray how's it going buddy? Uhhhh let me be clear here....you're doing a great job and we all have the highest regard for your service...BUT...I have to ask you to step aside so I can install Admiral Sestak as the new SecNav....mk? Call me...I may be able to find you a job doing something else...have your peeps get a hold of my peeps...we'll set it up. " (wink wink nod)

so...presidents are required to keep service secretaries on for their entire term and are not allowed to replace them with individuals they feel might be more qualified? I didn't know that.

Interesting how Dems ran Obama on the whole "Hopey Changey" thing, but then their first defense is ... "it happens all the time".

So much for the change lie huh?

I.D.I.O.T.S

what exactly did the president do/say?

maybe facts are important before the rightwingnuts start to spew?

My comment had nothing to do with whether or not Obama is guilty of anything.

My comment is solely that Obama ran on the whole "hope and change" message and you bought into it.

but yet... your first response is "hey... everyone does it"

That would mean the whole premise of his election.. hope and change... was a lie and that you bought into it.. hook line and sinker.

Congrats.

actually, for me the premise of the election was dumping the idiots who were there for the prior eight years.

looks like that was done pretty successfully....

hence the obama derangement syndrome from the deadenders.

for the same reason he won't authorize Hawaii to show you the original of his birth certificate. Because when Republicans expend all their energies looking like weirdos whose only purpose is to "get" Obama, instead of actually attempting to partner with the other side of the aisle and work to forge consensus solutions, the electorate notices.

Asshole!!

You just made me choke on my damned coffee!!!

Coming from someone that thinks bipartisanship is locking the door, that's fucking hilarious!!!
:lol:

I am all for bipartisan solutions... it seems that the other side is not so interested.
Too bad Pelosi, Reid, et.al. do not feel the same.....

I remember, now, why I took such joy in banging my Cmdr's barmaid wife while in Norfolk.
:eusa_whistle:

well, i suspect if the repubs actually worked across the aisle instead of doing the bidding of the 'i hope he fails' loons, perhaps you'd have seen more working across the aisle.

thinking you can see kumbaya with people whose entire political strategy is obstruction is kind of naive, no?

Asshole!!

You just made me choke on my damned coffee!!!

Coming from someone that thinks bipartisanship is locking the door, that's fucking hilarious!!!
:lol:

I am all for bipartisan solutions... it seems that the other side is not so interested.

I remember, now, why I took such joy in banging my Cmdr's barmaid wife while in Norfolk.
:eusa_whistle:

and what was your rate/rank?

so...presidents are required to keep service secretaries on for their entire term and are not allowed to replace them with individuals they feel might be more qualified? I didn't know that.

Please give us your highly regarded opinion on why Ray Mabus is no longer qualified to be SecNav and what makes offering the job to Sestak to drop out of the Senate race against Specter like he said to the press, in front of millions of witnesses a wiser choice?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back