Obama: I'd Get More Done If GOP Wasn't Punished for Working With Democrats

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Obama: I'd Get More Done If GOP Wasn't Punished for Working With Democrats By Fox and Limbaugh By Noel Sheppard Created 01/27/2013 - 3:22pm

"If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News or by Rush Limbaugh for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you'll see more of them doing it."

So said Barack Obama in an interview just published by The New Republic:

Obama: I'd Get More Done If GOP Wasn't Punished for Working With Democrats By Fox and Limbaugh | NewsBusters

Obama makes me ill

Now I see where someone came up with nonsense earlier today, Republicans are beholden to talk radio

Last edited:

This is the risk the GOP is taking, they're giving Obama and the Dems an opening to paint them (again) as the bad guys. The Republicans keep saying they're committed to this, that they don't care, that they'll stick to their guns, so here we go.

Paul Ryan warned his party yesterday to be prepared, that Obama's a smart cookie and will take advantage of every opening they give him:

Paul Ryan: GOP must not be "the villain" in Obama's "morality plays" - Political Eye - CBS News

This is the risk the GOP is taking, they're giving Obama and the Dems an opening to paint them (again) as the bad guys. The Republicans keep saying they're committed to this, that they don't care, that they'll stick to their guns, so here we go.

Paul Ryan warned his party yesterday to be prepared, that Obama's a smart cookie and will take advantage of every opening they give him:

Paul Ryan: GOP must not be "the villain" in Obama's "morality plays" - Political Eye - CBS News

and you approve of his tactics?

I wonder if Obama was as concerned with punishment when he, the Democratic leadership, and the liberal media especially MSNBC punished the moderate blue dog Democrats when they sided with Republicans? Which let's not forget lead to many of them losing their seats in the 2010 midterms.

Its true. The only challenge most Repubs have are largely in their Primaries due to gerrymandering so they are as zaney as humanly possible while in office.

Obama makes me ill

Now I see where someone came up with nonsense earlier today, Republicans are beholden to talk radio

I suggest you be tested by a psychologist before blaming Obama for your illness. Who knows, it may be organic, congenital or a product of being dropped on your head to often. All should be ruled out first. If they are ruled out talk radio and Fox News exposure might explain your illness.

It is good to see you've taken the first step.

It's truly hilarious that an entertainer (Rush) seems to have such a strong voice in preventing a President from accomplishing his progressive tyranny. Hats off to Mr. Limbaugh!!!

and you approve of his tactics?

He's a politician. I don't like politicians. I fully expect them to take advantage of every single opening they're given. And this is one, big opening.

Obama makes me ill

I suggest you be tested by a psychologist before blaming Obama for your illness. Who knows, it may be organic, congenital or a product of being dropped on your head to often. All should be ruled out first. If they are ruled out talk radio and Fox News exposure might explain your illness.

It is good to see you've taken the first step.

and I suggest you go take a flying leap..you make me ill too

Clever, if illogical, argument. Liberals yearn for a return to the days of Country Club Republicans who went along to get along with Democrats. Just what we need.

Ryan was really impressive battling the well-known liberal operative David "Whatshisname" on Meet The Press this morning. Man....was he ever impressive.

It's truly hilarious that an entertainer (Rush) seems to have such a strong voice in preventing a President from accomplishing his progressive tyranny. Hats off to Mr. Limbaugh!!!

That's true, indirectly. Here's how it works, chronologically:

1. Limbaugh fires up his flock with a simplistic absolutism that keeps them angry and his ratings up

2. His flock buys it hook, line and sinker and gets politically active

3. Their anger ends up accounting for most of the energy in the party

4. That energy translates into influence, particularly in two areas:
  • The nomination process, where their small but powerful voting bloc gets other simplistic absolutists on ballots
  • An ability to intimidate sitting legislators into doing their bidding or be "primaried" by a simplistic absolutist who will
5. Those legislators, terrified they're going to lose their cushy gubmit jobs, become hardcore absolutists themselves to keep their base and their contributors happy

6. Frustrated, Obama points it out

So yeah, I think you're right. And it goes even further with the even more rabid Hannity, Beck, Levin and Savage. They make the absolutist base even bigger, even more angry, even more intimidating, scaring even more otherwise pragmatic legislators into gumming up the formally fairly effective legislative process.

Last edited:
Clever, if illogical, argument. Liberals yearn for a return to the days of Country Club Republicans who went along to get along with Democrats. Just what we need.

Well, I'd much rather see Country Club Republicans in power than the club carrying Neanderthals of today.

I'm sure you would. Obama needs cover for his liberal agenda and would gladly give RINO's safe seats in return...

Well, I'd much rather see Country Club Republicans in power than the club carrying Neanderthals of today.

tjvh awaits your redefinition of clubs to include assault clubs.

If Obama's policies are so great and will be good for the country why does he have so much trouble implementing them? We have heard one answer it's all the GOP fault allow me to present a alternative answer his polices aren't great and won't be good for the country I know this is a difficult concept for some to even consider but let's give it a shot.

Forum List

Back