Obama: 'I Will Veto Any Effort' To Undo Automatic Cuts

national journal ^ | Nobember 21, 2011 | George E. Condon Jr.

President Obama Monday evening blamed Republicans for the failure of the super committee to meet its deadline for a debt plan and warned that he will veto any attempt to eliminate the automatic spending cuts that go into effect with that failure.

In an appearance in the White House briefing room a little more than an hour after the committee officially conceded failure, the president said his answer to those who want to eliminate those cuts “is simple: No. I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts to domestic and defense spending. There will be no easy off-ramps on this one.”

http://www.nationaljournal.com//sup...-any-effort-to-undo-automatic-cuts-20111121He added, “We need to keep the pressure up to compromise, not the turn off the pressure.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got to say that this is one of the few times I agree with Obama...This forces us the hell out of the middle east as it does what I believe we should do here. With the cuts in defense. Also cutting head long into welfare and other leftist shit!!! YAY!

As I said on another post; you get the feeling at times that Obama's idea of being President is something out of Dr. Seuss. Other times, he's very good to brilliant but sometimes you just can't figure him out.

We've never had a super committee before so there is no script to this. But oh my fucking god...the country is supposedly on the brink of complete financial collapse and these people on the super committee are hopelessly deadlocked. Obama's approach is to state that he'll veto any attempt to eliminate the cuts? How about hauling your ass down to wherever the fuck these losers are meeting and breaking some furniture, turning over some tables and basically using your bully pulpit to either shame these motherfuckers into action and show some leadership.

I'll not go so far as to say that he's hurting the stature of the office. He sure as shit isn't helping it. Say what you want about George W. Bush but you get the feeling that he would have at least walked into the room and mumbled a few expletives at these gutless wonders.

Did anyone think the 'Super Committee" would be anything but a super failure?

Grover Norquist made it clear, there is to be no compromise. If any Republican engaged in actual debate and sought solutons which raised taxes they would lose their job. The SC had not chance of success, six members all signed GN's pledge, taking any real debate off the table.

You're a fucking two bit liar. The Republicans have offered many options to close many tax loopholes which essentialy raises taxes your dumbass democrats turned them down. Know why? cause obie doodle needs them to fail so he can blame his shortcomings and boy does he have a lot of those on the Republicans.. America is fed up with his shit and with your shit.. Sow.

MANY? Really? Can you name any of them?

Not a single bill that I kown of has been proposed to stop the automatic cuts. And last I checked 6 Democrats were on that Super Committee and refused to deal with the republicans.

But I am sure the left feels fine lying about that.

Exactly ... wasnt that the purpose for 6 and 6 ? So the republicans wouldn't budge you say ... well it seems the dems didnt budge either so how does that become the republicans fault ... unbeleiveable

It was Designed to Fail.

Obama and the Dems are trying to pull a fast one here.

As we all know Sense Coming into office. Obama has Increased non Defense Discretionary Spending by over 25%. So in effect what were being sold is a bill of goods. Even if they make the cuts proposed. It isn't even enough to counter the NEW discretionary Spending Obama and the Dems have saddled us with since 2009.

So basically Obama wants to be able to come into office and increase spending dramatically, then make some moderate Cuts (mostly to Defense) and try and sell himself as the Fiscal Conservative.

It's Laughable, and the Fact that Every single American Does not see this Snake oil salesmen for what he is, is Beyond me. A bold Faced lying son of a bitch, a Big Government, Big Spending, Liberal, Who is only paying lip Service to getting our Budget in order when his real Goal has always been to massively Grow the Government and spending, and Massively Raise taxes to pay for it all.

You are being played America.

Re-Elect an Obama who does not have to worry about another term, and he will do everything in his power to push Huge Tax Increases on the Country to sustain his "new normal" amount of Spending.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm glad he'll veto it. I'd like to see more stuff done this way, namely if you can't compromise something automatic and across the board kicks in.

Better to have a situation where gridlock leads to an actual result instead of just kicking the can down the road.

Brilliant move by Obama.

He has Congress by the balls.

To complain and complain and complain about the deficit, and then show themselves unwilling to raise $1 of taxes should be embarrassing to the Republicans.

Not a single bill that I kown of has been proposed to stop the automatic cuts. And last I checked 6 Democrats were on that Super Committee and refused to deal with the republicans.

Exactly ... wasnt that the purpose for 6 and 6 ? So the republicans wouldn't budge you say ... well it seems the dems didnt budge either so how does that become the republicans fault ... unbeleiveable

How does that become the democrats fault... unbelievable.

The Republicans offered new taxes. The Dems refused unless they got MORE spending. Pretty simple concept.

The Republicans offered new taxes. The Dems refused unless they got MORE spending. Pretty simple concept.

So the democrats offered literally nothing, but simply declined everything that republicans brought to the table?

I find that extremely hard to accept. Both parties generally like to try fucking the people equally, I'm sure democrats brought SOME things to the table that would crush our society, just like the republicans.

President Obama Monday evening blamed Republicans for the failure of the super committee to meet its deadline for a debt plan and warned that he will veto any attempt to eliminate the automatic spending cuts that go into effect with that failure.

In an appearance in the White House briefing room a little more than an hour after the committee officially conceded failure, the president said his answer to those who want to eliminate those cuts “is simple: No. I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts to domestic and defense spending. There will be no easy off-ramps on this one.”

http://www.nationaljournal.com//sup...-any-effort-to-undo-automatic-cuts-20111121He added, “We need to keep the pressure up to compromise, not the turn off the pressure.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got to say that this is one of the few times I agree with Obama...This forces us the hell out of the middle east as it does what I believe we should do here. With the cuts in defense. Also cutting head long into welfare and other leftist shit!!! YAY!

It would have been absolutely ridiculous if Obama didn't veto any attempt to overturn the cuts. It's either that, or nothing at all in reduction. You also claim that Obama blamed Republicans. Um no, he blamed the supercommittee, not the republicans specifically.

It would have been absolutely ridiculous if Obama didn't veto any attempt to overturn the cuts. It's either that, or nothing at all in reduction. You also claim that Obama blamed Republicans. Um no, he blamed the supercommittee, not the republicans specifically.

So the article misquoted Obama?

Please, tell us what new taxes the republicans wanted.

So the article misquoted Obama?

As far as I can tell, there is no quote by Obama saying that he blames Republicans specifically. Your link doesn't work, and the only quote you provided by Obama didn't include the word "republicans" in it. It looks to me the article had a political slant.

But hey, if you can find a quote that said he blamed Republicans specifically, then I'll recant what I said.

As far as I can tell, there is no quote by Obama saying that he blames Republicans specifically. Your link doesn't work, and the only quote you provided by Obama didn't include the word "republicans" in it. It looks to me the article had a political slant.

But hey, if you can find a quote that said he blamed Republicans specifically, then I'll recant what I said.

Google WORKS!

Divider in Chief... Obama Rushes to Blame GOP for Super Committee Failure - YouTube

Google WORKS!

Divider in Chief... Obama Rushes to Blame GOP for Super Committee Failure - YouTube

Okay he said it. I recant. Even MSNBC confirmed it.

Did anyone think the 'Super Committee" would be anything but a super failure?

Grover Norquist made it clear, there is to be no compromise. If any Republican engaged in actual debate and sought solutons which raised taxes they would lose their job. The SC had not chance of success, six members all signed GN's pledge, taking any real debate off the table.

If the Dems are intelligent about this, they will make it their driving force going into the 2012 election. If they do a good job selling this, the Dems are going to take back the House, add seats in the Senate, and Obama is going to be re-elected easily.

Google WORKS!

Okay he said it. I recant. Even MSNBC confirmed it.

It's about fucking time..I say.

Forum List

Back