Obama: I Have The Authority To COLLECTIVELY PUNISH Americans. F**K The 5th !!!!

Good grief. Your knowledge of the Constitution, the law, how our government works and why is shockingly deficient. I've got grandkids who know more than you do.

Is OMG! OBAMA! the only thing you know?

He's tryin' to take our countree away, meean! How can you stand by idel while this imposter from KENYA destroys 'merica!

We ain't going to let him do it.

Americans see the imminent danger and will rise to the occasion

Aw, crap. Here we go again.

Go ahead and start your fantasy revolution or quit talking about it.

I think the OP is saying that when the Cops show up to your house and ask: "Do you have any weapons?" You can plead the 5th because as was pointed out, you're supposed to be Guaranteed a Due Process.

Look that up OldGuy; "Due Process".

Besides, guns have been registered for quite a long time now so the Cops ALREADY know if you have them or not so who they tryin' to fool?

Actually is a combination of the 5th and 8 Amendments. Americans have the right not to be punished for what someone else has done.

...and a lot of us are committed to stopping him. Good luck Mr. President.

You won't lift a finger to do anything, you're a poser.

humor me here Ooh......say what these people say comes to pass down the line.....will you be a poser.....or someone who will stand up for a right being taken away by a group of people who should not be allowed to touch our rights....unless the people give them that power.....were will you be standing?.....

humor me here Ooh......say what these people say comes to pass down the line.....will you be a poser.....or someone who will stand up for a right being taken away by a group of people who should not be allowed to touch our rights....unless the people give them that power.....were will you be standing?.....

No rights are being taken away you carrot.

I am opposed to gun control legislation, but that does not mean I have to stand with the retards with the bumper sticker mentalities. They are dragging us all down, and therefore as equal a threat to our rights and liberties as Obama.

You are a fucking retarded person and should not be allowed to post on these forums.

The Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution states that "cruel and unusual punishments [shall not be] inflicted". The general principles the United States Supreme Court relied on to decide whether or not a particular punishment was cruel and unusual were determined by Justice William Brennan.[3] In Furman v. Georgia, 408 U.S. 238 (1972), Justice Brennan wrote, "There are, then, four principles by which we may determine whether a particular punishment is 'cruel and unusual'."

The "essential predicate" is "that a punishment must not by its severity be degrading to human dignity," especially torture.
"A severe punishment that is obviously inflicted in wholly arbitrary fashion."
"A severe punishment that is clearly and totally rejected throughout society."
"A severe punishment that is patently unnecessary."

Like, I said, you're a retarded person.

Why is resisting slavery a sign of retardation?

Good grief. Your knowledge of the Constitution, the law, how our government works and why is shockingly deficient. I've got grandkids who know more than you do.

Is OMG! OBAMA! the only thing you know?

Identify one single founding father who stated that the Prez has the authority to punish one American because of what someone else has done.

First, see if you can explain by what convoluted course of "reasoning" you went from a simple story about the administration considering pursuing a new assault weapons ban to this:

"...the scumbag-in-chief claims that he has the CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY TO PUNISH ALL AMERICANS BECAUSE OF THE ACTIONS OF A FEW CRIMINALS.

He is essence he is taking a crap on the Fifth Amendment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

How in the HELL did you get all that from your link?

Be happy to pay for the answer being tatooed on your forehead backwards. Dimwit.

How in the HELL did you get all that from your link?

How can your mind be so fucked up to actually believe that is perfectly alright for the government to COLLECTIVELY punish its citizens

I'm sorry, but i just can't debate anything with the "logic" that sees the passing of a piece of legislation as mass punishment.

Why are you pretending that the punishing usurpation is just a regular piece of legislation?!?!?!?!?

I Have The Authority To COLLECTIVELY PUNISH Americans. F**K The 5th !!!!

Well by all means. Please show me the clip where Obama said this and I will agree with you.

The 5th amendment is about the right of not having to purposely incriminate yourself in a court of law and double jeopardy laws, what does that have to do with a discussion in the white house about gun control?

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Right. And if the law is that you cant own an assault weapon, and you do, you'll get your due process through a court trial. Simple enough.

Oh yeah, that's right, the radical right wing gun nuts think Obama is going to send SWAT to everyone's house to TAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkke yurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr gunnnnnnnnnzzzzz!!!!!

I have to agree with you here... The f...king idiot HOlder/Obama can't even prosecute gun crimes now so truly what they are counting on are :
LAW ABIDING CITIZENS so they don't have to prosecute!

Gun prosecutions down 40% under Obama

Despite his calls for greater gun control, including a new assault weapons ban that extends to handguns, President Obama's administration has turned away from enforcing gun laws, cutting weapons prosecutions some 40 percent since a high of about 11,000 under former President Bush.
"If you are not going to enforce the laws on the books, then don't start talking about a whole new wave of new laws," said a gun rights advocate.

Read more: Gun prosecutions down 40% under Obama | Times 247

Forum List

Back