Obama has nearly decimated al Qaeda: Why doesn't he brag about it?

Ninja Obama, the silent warrior: Killer of pirates and assorted al Qaeda terrorists.

Bush killed a shit ton of Al Qaeda as well during his 2 terms. Several Key Top Leaders. Something tells me back then, You rightly credited the People doing the shooting, and not the President.

Ninja Obama my ass, all he does is give the green light, the real ninja's are US Special Forces, and guess what. They wont be voting Democrat.

Bush killed a "shit ton" of newly minted Al Qaeda operatives in Iraq. And I am using the term "newly minted" because they didn't exist prior to the invasion. He also was responsible for the deaths of over 100K people that had nothing to do with 9/11.

Because he is too smart for something so foolish. If he bragged about it and an attack came after.

Remember Bush? :) Obama learned.

I agree.

I don't think that was ever part of the Obama makeup. At his core he is a pragmatist and process oriented.

Bush was a cowboy. He took trophies and did victory dances. It was the kind of thing that really just made people at home wince and people overseas very angry.

So you actually think they haven't used years and years of intell to locate these people? Obama gets the credit started by Bush if it's good, but if it's bad it's all Buoooosh'es fault otherwise.

Ninja Obama, the silent warrior: Killer of pirates and assorted al Qaeda terrorists.

Bush killed a shit ton of Al Qaeda as well during his 2 terms. Several Key Top Leaders. Something tells me back then, You rightly credited the People doing the shooting, and not the President.

Ninja Obama my ass, all he does is give the green light, the real ninja's are US Special Forces, and guess what. They wont be voting Democrat.

Bush killed a "shit ton" of newly minted Al Qaeda operatives in Iraq. And I am using the term "newly minted" because they didn't exist prior to the invasion. He also was responsible for the deaths of over 100K people that had nothing to do with 9/11.

Yep blame bush. Bush did the ground work and handed barry soetoro the gun. But it doesn't matter;he can't run from the green energy debacle/scam.

Yep blame bush. Bush did the ground work and handed barry soetoro the gun. But it doesn't matter;he can't run from the green energy debacle/scam.

would Bush have gone into Pakistan? I doubt it. McCain certainly wouldn't have. and what the hell does the green energy scam have to do with killing al Qaeda operatives/

It would be unseemlym and frankly, rather stupid, too, for this or any other POTUS to BRAG about the deaths of Al Qaeda leadership.

No..he absolutely did not.

Bush's main interest was the invasion and conquering of Iraq. He wanted Saddam Hussien dead.

That was his focus.

Obama could turn water into wine, flax into gold, pollution into clean air, desert into excellent farmland - he could even walk on water, and the losers in 2008 would still complain. I hope he realizes it is not a healthy and great America the right wing wants, they just want power back, nothing more.

would Bush have gone into Pakistan? I doubt it. McCain certainly wouldn't have. and what the hell does the green energy scam have to do with killing al Qaeda operatives/

I would have but like most places in that area you are dealing with terrain issues, uneducated/poor/3rd world people of different tribes and customs that our forces would to have recognize(prior training).

Let's not forget we had to reestablish our surroundings with contacts within those areas through cia/fbi/military and that takes time.

Bush's main interest was the invasion and conquering of Iraq. He wanted Saddam Hussien dead.

That was his focus.
He establish the ground work and intel. Remember we had to start from scratch.

That was his focus.

What?

Almost immediately after the 9/11 attacks, they knew it was Bin Laden. They didn't have to start from scratch. Clinton's focus was killing Bin Laden. He was stopped by a Republican congress bent on impeaching him. When Bush came to office, Clinton let him know that Bin Laden should be the number one priority. Bush didn't listen, he wanted to piss off China and Russia, and started opting out of all sorts of treaties. Including missile defense and weaponizing space. He also wanted to invade Iraq and was looking for a reason to do so.

The freaking national "blackout" on just how bad the Bush administration was is appalling.

Last edited:

That was his focus.

What?

Almost immediately after the 9/11 attacks, they knew it was Bin Laden. They didn't have to start from scratch. Clinton's focus was killing Bin Laden. He was stopped by a Republican congress bent on impeaching him. When Bush came to office, Clinton let him know that Bin Laden should be the number one priority. Bush didn't listen, he wanted to piss off China and Russia, and started opting out of all sorts of treaties. Including missile defense and weaponizing space.

The freaking national "blackout" on just how bad the Bush administration was is appalling.

Starting from scratch means having intel gathering teams on the fucking ground and establishing a repoir with the natives and clintool realign the military and did away with that process.

Clintool miss Bin laden because he telegragh the move when he had the chance.

Yep you just hate bush no matter how it's explained in your revisionist history.

Starting from scratch means having intel gathering teams on the fucking ground and establishing a repoir with the natives and clintool realign the military and did away with that process.

Yep you just hate bush no matter how it's explained in your revisionist history.

There's no "revisionist" history going on. The republicans impeached Clinton. They refused to give him special ops teams to go in and hunt Bin Laden. They left him with bombs and missiles. That's the record.

And Bush came into office with the PNAC agenda of attacking Iraq and diminishing Sino/Soviet power. There's plenty of evidence to support that..including Bush's appointments his cabinet.

And yes..Obama had to start from scratch. They were very kind to Bush in giving them "credit"..but really none was deserved.

Obama could turn water into wine, flax into gold, pollution into clean air, desert into excellent farmland - he could even walk on water, and the losers in 2008 would still complain. I hope he realizes it is not a healthy and great America the right wing wants, they just want power back, nothing more.

If Obama walked on water his detractors would start yelling that he can't swim, that's rather obvious.

That said, his handling of the economic crises is weak.

Not entirely his fault given that every bill must get through Congress, but still...

I think my major complaint about Obama is that he doesn't use his bully pulpit aggressivesly enough.

He is still another moderate DEM, and so my expectations for him are not high.

There's no "revisionist" history going on. The republicans impeached Clinton. They refused to give him special ops teams to go in and hunt Bin Laden. They left him with bombs and missiles. That's the record.

And Bush came into office with the PNAC agenda of attacking Iraq and diminishing Sino/Soviet power. There's plenty of evidence to support that..including Bush's appointments his cabinet.

And yes..Obama had to start from scratch. They were very kind to Bush in giving them "credit"..but really none was deserved.
Kerry vote against the anti terrorism activities in all gov't agencies. Last time I checked Kerry was a flaming lib.

Kerry vote against the anti terrorism activities in all gov't agencies. Last time I checked Kerry was a flaming lib.

Not even going to check on this..

But so what.

Almost every republican voted against Clinton's anti-terrorist efforts including one to beef up security at airports.

Clinton saw the problem and no one took it seriously. Especially Republicans.

But so what.

Almost every republican voted against Clinton's anti-terrorist efforts including one to beef up security at airports.

We see how effective Clintools efforts were...he missed OBL and Bush had to deal with it and you keep blaming Bush ....some logic

And if the war was for oil ...so what.

But so what.

We see how effective Clintools efforts were...he missed OBL and Bush had to deal with it and you keep blaming Bush ....some logic

and Bush still couldn't get him and didn't care where he was.

But so what.

Again, Clinton wanted special ops hunting teams and he got missiles. Missiles are great for some things but nothing replaces on the ground human intel and hunter/killer teams.

The Bushies also had a long relationship with the Bin Ladens. From starting companies to funding a war against the Soviets in Afghanistan.

It was a patently stupid relationship at that. And cost tax payers billions.

Forum List

Back