Obama has a big problem

Sorry but in our society being half black counts as being black, not as being bi-racial.

Its fucked up and racist, but then again so is our society.

My point was, as if you didn't know, Hawaii is diverse and Obama just did not run into the type of prejudice alluded to in the book. The Chicago Tribune found that out in '07. Seems his remembrances of long, angst filled talks with some friends about racism didn't happen, though friends remember his angst filled conversations on abandonment.

And people go around calling them biracial? I don't think so.

Generally, yeah. Or say they are of mixed race or somewhat.

If you can't use black as an adjective then there's some shame to being black. And I'm pretty sure Obama has referred to himself as black on several occasions.

You can use the adjective, but be aware that we use it because of racism.

My point was, as if you didn't know, Hawaii is diverse and Obama just did not run into the type of prejudice alluded to in the book. The Chicago Tribune found that out in '07. Seems his remembrances of long, angst filled talks with some friends about racism didn't happen, though friends remember his angst filled conversations on abandonment.

Right Hawaii is the land of plenty where all the races just get along without any rememberances of past racism.

Right Hawaii is the land of plenty where all the races just get along without any rememberances of past racism.

Who said 'any?' Implication should have been obvious, perhaps I was asking too much. In the area Obama was raised, in the private schools he attended, he did not encounter much prejudice. On the contrary, many of the students that were his peers, were also biracial and there were a few blacks.

Indeed, probably part of the reason that Obama picked Wright's church was for the very reason that he'd already lost once to Bobby Rush. The community he wished to represent had experienced the prejudice you are speaking of. They didn't trust Obama, an extremely smart, very well educated upper middle class black, (the people would not have seen him as black, as he's half white. Oops, in Chicago at least, it's not a one drop deal.) I'm waiting for the Trib or Sun Times to get around to interviewing some of the people there, somehow I think they will not be too forgiving of his having Wright removed and even his lame condemnation of 'some' of what Wright spoke about.

Generally, yeah. Or say they are of mixed race or somewhat.

You can use the adjective, but be aware that we use it because of racism.

I've never heard of anyone referred to in conversation as biracial. I have biracial people in my family, and none of them refer to themselves that way. Should I tell my sister-in-law she's not really a latina?

And I don't think we use it because of racism. You might. I don't. It's simply a descriptive adjective much like the word blond.

Who said 'any?' Implication should have been obvious, perhaps I was asking too much. In the area Obama was raised, in the private schools he attended, he did not encounter much prejudice. On the contrary, many of the students that were his peers, were also biracial and there were a few blacks.

You do understand that there is a racial difference between someone who is half white/half asian and someone who is half white/half black, right?

And again I'm curious as to how you know what racism he went up against?

Indeed, probably part of the reason that Obama picked Wright's church was for the very reason that he'd already lost once to Bobby Rush. The community he wished to represent had experienced the prejudice you are speaking of. They didn't trust Obama, an extremely smart, very well educated upper middle class black, (the people would not have seen him as black, as he's half white. Oops, in Chicago at least, it's not a one drop deal.)

Being smart, educated, upper middle class doesn't somehow shield you from prejudice. And yes blacks don't assume others are blacks no matter how little black blood they have in them. Gee, I wonder why. :rolleyes:

I've never heard of anyone referred to in conversation as biracial. I have biracial people in my family, and none of them refer to themselves that way. Should I tell my sister-in-law she's not really a latina?

She can call herself whatever she wants, but if shes biracial, shes biracial.

And I don't think we use it because of racism. You might. I don't. It's simply a descriptive adjective much like the word blond.

Where do you think it came from?

Ever heard of an octaroon?

You do understand that there is a racial difference between someone who is half white/half asian and someone who is half white/half black, right?

And again I'm curious as to how you know what racism he went up against?
I'm going by his book and the Tribune coverage with his friends identified in the book. Obama has said that the Trib got them right.
Being smart, educated, upper middle class doesn't somehow shield you from prejudice. And yes blacks don't assume others are blacks no matter how little black blood they have in them. Gee, I wonder why. :rolleyes:
See above.

Haha, right.

I'm sure you don't even notice it. :rolleyes:

No actually I don't focus on skin color sorry. I look at the person and judge the person by their actions. I don't drive down the road and say oh he's black, he's white, he's brown skinned, that is way to shallow.

Once again, let's see if you can suss things out....

Obama's pastor is a divisive racist. True.

What "inflammatory comments" has Obama made.

Oh, that's right... NONE!

Is lying a pathological thing with you?

He stated that white people became one face to him menacing, alienating.
He stated a potential boss was too white etc......

Maybe not as inflammatory as Wright, but nonetheless inflammatory.

She can call herself whatever she wants, but if shes biracial, shes biracial.

Where do you think it came from?

Ever heard of an octaroon?

She'll be thrilled to know you are okay with what she chooses to call herself.

If you want to classify people with such exactness, Obama would be considered a mulatto, not an octaroon. He still looks black to me.

No offense Ravir, but do you have any concrete evidence of that statement?

Just ribbin ya. :cool:

Forum List

Back