Obama goes on Fox News and gives interview.

I was so surprised at how BB acted more like he was in a debate rather than having an interview. I must say I am so pleased that the President granted Fox news this interview. It surely exposed Fox news for it's lack of respect for the highest office in the land. Now Fox will have to come up with something else as to why they are not granted interviews of very important people. This interview should be embarrassing to all Americans. Truly unbelievable.

The President played Fox News for the propaganda machine they are. Once he saw the tactic of not allowing him to respond to questions he refused to let Fox control the interview and insisted on being treated with respect.
I loved looking at this poor excuse for an interview compared to the softball puff pieces they pass off as Republican interviews

ThinkProgress has compiled some moments of Baier’s final interview with Bush versus his recent interview with Obama.

lol, what a post fail. What did you want Bret to ask George, how he was planning on taking over 1/6 of the economy from his ranch? :lol:

Bret even had the good manners to apologize for having to interrupt Barry so much. Of course he had to interrupt him, Barry just rambled off talking points and never answered the questions. Bret did a good job of bringing him back from the precipice of rambling us all to death.

Bush's interview was a farewell interview, Obama has 3 years (almost) to go. Makes a difference. Besides the obvious that Obama wasn't answering shit.

Please pay attention to history and stop ignoring the facts.

The democrats, even IF you decided to count the two independents as demcorats, did not have a super majority until Al Franken was signed into office on July 7, 2009 and yet the stimulus bill was signed into law on Feb 17, 2009.

So republicans DID have enough votes to stop it because democrats did not have enough votes to prevent a filibuster. 57+2 does not equal 60.

Well, why didn't they sign it on July 8? or 9 or any other fucking day since? This constant whining about the GOP is laughable. They are a lame duck of a party and STILL the fucking left can't pass a bill.

And..... what about Obama stating that he will absolutely not use reconciliation to pass healthcare? What about what he said about any POTUS who used that these techniques to pass something as massive as healthcare would be going against the Constitution, against the very founding principles of this nation? What about what he said about any President who used this practice had lost his authority?

Obama has lost his Presidential authority and he should resign. Now.

Don't worry Caliifornia Girl....they will sign the bill this weekend

Democrats will have passed the most significant legislation in our lifetimes

And yet you cannot answer a straight forward question about what Obama said then and what Obama is doing now. Why am I not surprised?

They may well sign it in.... and in 20 years time, when our healthcare is as crap as it is in the UK, I will remind you that you were the one who wanted it.

Well, why didn't they sign it on July 8? or 9 or any other fucking day since? This constant whining about the GOP is laughable. They are a lame duck of a party and STILL the fucking left can't pass a bill.

And..... what about Obama stating that he will absolutely not use reconciliation to pass healthcare? What about what he said about any POTUS who used that these techniques to pass something as massive as healthcare would be going against the Constitution, against the very founding principles of this nation? What about what he said about any President who used this practice had lost his authority?

And yet you cannot answer a straight forward question about what Obama said then and what Obama is doing now. Why am I not surprised?

They may well sign it in.... and in 20 years time, when our healthcare is as crap as it is in the UK, I will remind you that you were the one who wanted it.

I'll tell you straight up why he's doing it ... he's a hypocritical politician and he wants to win. Nothing new. Just another of a long line of hypocritical liars that have held the office. Certainly nothing to resign over.

Specifically how is this bill similar to the UK's healthcare system? I'm curious because I haven't read the bill except some highlights nor am I familiar with the UK's healthcare system.

Specifically how is this bill similar to the UK's healthcare system? I'm curious because I haven't read the bill except some highlights nor am I familiar with the UK's healthcare system.

Art, mo chara, this bill is, by Obama's own admission, a transition to single payer. That is what the end game is. That is what the UK system is. We all pay for a system that is broken beyond repair. Year on year the cost goes up for every single working person in the UK, whether you use the system or not. I don't use it, but I pay for it. Why am I supposed to pay for something I do not use and do not want? How does that fit within our constitution. I am not an uncharitable person, I donate my time and my money to various causes but I fail to see why I should be forced to pay for someone else's illnesses... particularly when the kind of things that their NHS service provides now are not even health related.

In the UK, you can get gender reassignment (sex change ops) on their NHS system. You can get IVF treatment to have a baby. You can get plastic surgery. I - as a Catholic - get to pay for someone else to murder their unborn baby. All these things that are in no way essential to the health of the recipient I get to pay for. That is the system we will have - eventually. I tend to consider not just the bill itself but where it will lead us. Personally, I can understand people who have not lived under both systems looking at the UK and thinking it would be great but it will not be great. It will be a fucking nightmare.

The UK system is the 4th largest employer in the world. Britain has a population of just over 60 million people. 60 million.... 4th largest employer on the planet. Think what that is gonna look like in the US. My God, do the fucking math!

Art, mo chara, this bill is, by Obama's own admission, a transition to single payer. That is what the end game is. That is what the UK system is. We all pay for a system that is broken beyond repair. Year on year the cost goes up for every single working person in the UK, whether you use the system or not. I don't use it, but I pay for it. Why am I supposed to pay for something I do not use and do not want? How does that fit within our constitution. I am not an uncharitable person, I donate my time and my money to various causes but I fail to see why I should be forced to pay for someone else's illnesses... particularly when the kind of things that their NHS service provides now are not even health related.

In the UK, you can get gender reassignment (sex change ops) on their NHS system. You can get IVF treatment to have a baby. You can get plastic surgery. I - as a Catholic - get to pay for someone else to murder their unborn baby. All these things that are in no way essential to the health of the recipient I get to pay for. That is the system we will have - eventually. I tend to consider not just the bill itself but where it will lead us. Personally, I can understand people who have not lived under both systems looking at the UK and thinking it would be great but it will not be great. It will be a fucking nightmare.

The UK system is the 4th largest employer in the world. Britain has a population of just over 60 million people. 60 million.... 4th largest employer on the planet. Think what that is gonna look like in the US. My God, do the fucking math!

I understand what the POTUS said ... I also know that was what? A year ago? Longer? Is this even the same bill? Even close to it? A LOT has gone down since he made those statements. THIS BILL smells like it was written by the board of directors at Humana or Aetna.

They're already moving that way, A15. I posted once about the way medicaid and OHP are working in Oregon now.....people up to 301 percent of the FPL, who have medical insurance available through their work, can obtain INCREDIBLY inexpensive insurance....through the state. They have made it "plus" insurance so it will pull people away from the more costly private insurance.

These carpetbaggers are mentally deranged. They are surely bent on bankrupting an already bankrupted System. They are completely out of control. Where is the reason or commonsense? The two party (one party actually) circus that has been set up in order to keep the sheople herded and fighting among eachother is succeeding. This is not about Right vs Left, this is about our childrens future and the survival of The United States of America. ~BH

I understand what the POTUS said ... I also know that was what? A year ago? Longer? Is this even the same bill? Even close to it? A LOT has gone down since he made those statements. THIS BILL smells like it was written by the board of directors at Humana or Aetna.

Couldn't agree with you more bro. ~BH

It doesn't matter. What is in the bill is not important. It is the precedent that is important. They'll tweak it and play with it and amend it and whatever over the years until it is unrecognizable from what honest people agreed with. That is always the way this shit happens..... we say 'ok' to one thing and get something completely different.

It doesn't matter. What is in the bill is not important. It is the precedent that is important. They'll tweak it and play with it and amend it and whatever over the years until it is unrecognizable from what honest people agreed with. That is always the way this shit happens..... we say 'ok' to one thing and get something completely different.

They can't even get to the part where honest people agree with it. The lefties here are so big on polls, but they and their Administration sure ignore them when they say most people think their Healthcare bill sucks.

I don't really get why Obama agreed to the interview. The fox guy, who I've never heard of was hammering on the president like there was no tomorrow.

Bill O'Rielly was even more respectful... I guess it's too much to ask of some people.

Go look up the meaning of the phrase 'super majority' and then let us know why his stupid fucking pork bill hasn't passed. The Republicans didn't have enough votes to stop it.... so, I ask you.... WHY NO BILL?

Please pay attention to history and stop ignoring the facts.

The democrats, even IF you decided to count the two independents as demcorats, did not have a super majority until Al Franken was signed into office on July 7, 2009 and yet the stimulus bill was signed into law on Feb 17, 2009.

So republicans DID have enough votes to stop it because democrats did not have enough votes to prevent a filibuster. 57+2 does not equal 60.

Do you read BEFORE you try to respond??

The bill in question in this post was NOT the healthcare bill but instead it was the stimulus bill.
YOU tried to FALSELY argue that they had a supper majority when passing the stimulus bill and that the republicans couldn't block it and yet the FACT is that the dems did not yet have the supermajority because al franken, the 60th vote, had not yet been sworn into office.

That is why I meantioned the stimulus in my post.

Furthermore, I thought they were "ramming" the healthcare bill through?? If that were true then they would ahve already vorted on it and had it passed and we would be talking about something else by now. LOL

Last edited:
If you think we are a bunch of liars, then may one suggest that you might better employ your time studying up on the proper use of punctuation?

Now that is truly the last ditch effort of someone who knows that they lost an argument. To call someone out on a message board over puncuation. LOL

Furthermore, what does using proper puncuation have to do with the fact that you are a bunch of liars?? LOL

Republicans Have Used "Slaughter Solution" Many Times - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

you will survive my bad grammer but your fcailed ideas will not survive the facts Im affraid

"But it's worth noting that this "Washington power grab" was used 36 times by House Republicans in 2005 and 2006, when they last controlled Congress, according to the Brookings Institution's Thomas Mann. "

The man Mann is a constitutional scholar btw

So now we go from 202 to 36.........

That's one hell of a difference.

That happens when you focus on a 2 year period instead of the many years that were previously listed. LOL

And then your link goes on to mention the The reauthorization of the Patriot Act, which passed the house 357 yea votes 66 Nay votes 9 Not Voting.

What are you referring to?? I thought you provided links to support your claims?

Oh and I believe this bill, H.Res. 369, is what the article previously provided is referring to concerning the passage of the extending of the patriot act.

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Didn't they also say the stimuless bill would create jobs, something about shovels and such? And didn't they say the stimuless is working? Yet they just passed a jobs bill . . . because the stimuless is working. Right.

The stimulus has created jobs and that esitmate of 8% was on the bill before the Rs hacked away at it.

You see you people continue to lie even when corrected with the facts.

once again with the lies

with a majority in the house and a 60 seat majority in the senate, dems did not need the repubs...and the truth is, the stimulus passed with ZERO repubs voting it...

so tell me again how the repubs affected anything...:cuckoo:

Ok once me we look back so you morons on the right can learn some history.

Al franken was the 60th vote and he was NOT sworn in until July 7, 2009 therefore the stimulus bill which was passed on Feb 17,2009 had to be passed with the help of republicans who voted against it after getting what they wanted and despite that vote still claim responsibility for the money back home. LOL

I hope you learned something today.

Forum List

Back