Obama Giving Oil-Rich Alaskan Islands to Russia

I dislike almost everything Obama has done, but even I think this is a <Freudian Stage I reference omitted> non-story.

Obama's State Department has claimed a Treaty the Alaskans said was not signed by the Russians nor ratified by Congress was. Obama's State Department is conducting secret meetings about property of a sovereign state that do not include the State of Alaska government representatives in their talk.

The left is claiming Alaskans have not objected to these give-aways, but Alaskans do object, have formed committees and PACs to save their sovereign lands, and none of them are invited to Obama's state department's closed-door meetings to remove Alaska's sovereign territory and property to another nation based on past actions of other state departments that have resulted in no signed treaty.

The people of Alaska do not think giving their state's property from the base of Washington's closed door secret meetings that exclude them is a very good idea, and when one of them sounds an alarm, people who do respect state's rights are going to hear it.

It's too bad you think so little of state's rights to callously declare their request to be represented in Washington DC a non-story.

I think it is a story. I think Ivy League schools like Harvard are pooping out leaders who don't give a damn about state's sovereignty as local rights
and are usurping the good will of the people of the State of Alaska, and Joe Miller still has enough free speech left in him to criticize all of them for ignoring his state's property holdings as not Obama's to give away.

I dislike almost everything Obama has done, but even I think this is a <Freudian Stage I reference omitted> non-story.

Obama's State Department has claimed a Treaty the Alaskans said was not signed by the Russians nor ratified by Congress was. Obama's State Department is conducting secret meetings about property of a sovereign state that do not include the State of Alaska government representatives in their talk.

The left is claiming Alaskans have not objected to these give-aways, but Alaskans do object, have formed committees and PACs to save their sovereign lands, and none of them are invited to Obama's state department's closed-door meetings to remove Alaska's sovereign territory and property to another nation based on past actions of other state departments that have resulted in no signed treaty.

The people of Alaska do not think giving their state's property from the base of Washington's closed door secret meetings that exclude them is a very good idea, and when one of them sounds an alarm, people who do respect state's rights are going to hear it.

It's too bad you think so little of state's rights to callously declare their request to be represented in Washington DC a non-story.

I think it is a story. I think Ivy League schools like Harvard are pooping out leaders who don't give a damn about state's sovereignty as local rights
and are usurping the good will of the people of the State of Alaska, and Joe Miller still has enough free speech left in him to criticize all of them for ignoring his state's property holdings as not Obama's to give away.

I tired to explain this to you i post 68. I can't help it if you simply do not want to know the truth of the matter.

Curses.

What's next. The Panama canal?

Oh wait..that was given away too..

Oh noesssss!

That was by Carter, wasn't it? Hmmm, I'm seeing a pattern here......

Our ownership of the canal expired. We only got to keep it for 99 years, I think.
Two Thumbs I remember well the details back when Carter was wheeling and dealing American rights away. I recall something about specifications that at the end of the 99 years, America was given the first privilege of renegotiating for another 99 years ad infinitum.

Against good advice, President Carter elected to ignore the good of the American people and piss away all claims to the Panama Canal that is now controlled by China, who doesn't have the balls to do anything but insist that America buys their cheap and poisonous throw-aways for cash without any reciprocity of purchasing American goods in return.

We told President Carter, but he seized the day and screwed his fellow Americans. For that reason, his opposition gave him an historic dismissal in the next election he lost in a massive landslide.

Last edited:
That was by Carter, wasn't it? Hmmm, I'm seeing a pattern here......

Our ownership of the canal expired. We only got to keep it for 99 years, I think.
Two Thumbs I remember well the details back when Carter was wheeling and dealing American rights away. I recall something about specifications that at the end of the 99 years, America was given the first privilege of renegotiating for another 99 years ad infinitum.

Against good advice, President Carter elected to ignore the good of the American people and piss away all claims to the Panama Canal that is now controlled by China, who doesn't have the balls to do anything but insist that America buys their cheap and poisonous throw-aways for cash without any reciprocity of purchasing American goods in return.

We told President Carter, but he seized the day and screwed his fellow Americans. For that reason, his opposition gave him an historic dismissal in the next election he lost in a massive landslide.

Carter let control revert to Panama, and that is where control of the canal has been ever since.
Panama Canal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ownership of the territory that is now the Panama Canal was first Colombian, then French and then American before coming under the control of the Panamanian government in 1999.

China is looking to build a rail system to rival the canal.

I tired to explain this to you i post 68. I can't help it if you simply do not want to know the truth of the matter.
I do want to know the truth of the matter, Conservative.

An Alaskan politician, judge, and Yale Law School graduate, is making the claim of those properties as being Alaskan sovereign territory and citing a history of the Alaskan legislature appealing to keep State Lands from being pawned away by Washington, DC.

He is complaining Obama instead of contacting Alaska for representing their best interests, is ceding away lands Russia ceded to the USA in 1867 and another American added portions to the Alaskan territory claimed in 1881.

It is quite troubling to me that the fed has grown to the size of importance that it no longer has touch with people in their own states.

There does seem some merit to his state's objections.

Alaska has not been a territory since around 1959 or 60. I lived there for a year in 1953-1954, when it was a territory.

Last edited:

Carter let control revert to Panama, and that is where control of the canal has been ever since.
Ownership of the territory that is now the Panama Canal was first Colombian, then French and then American before coming under the control of the Panamanian government in 1999.

Officially, the claim that the Panama Canal is controlled by Panama is only partially correct. The fact is, the Chinese-controlled entity called Hutchison-Whampoa has a subsidiary company, the Panama Ports Company. This company operates the ports Cristobal and Balboa located at each end of the Panama Canal. Some national security experts in the U.S. have argued that control of the ports gives China strategic influence over the vital waterway.

This may not seem important in a time of peace, but China has become so chummy with America's detractors, they are in a position to make plenty of trouble if we don't let them walk all over us in reciprocity trade failures they have delivered to us in past years.

Thank you for taking the time to discuss this matter, Conservative. I'm still not much eased to know Alaskans are feeling their state lands are the subject of exploitation by a State Department that is treating them like a Colonial province rather than a full-fledged sovereign state, and Judge Miller's opinion will not soon be forgotten by me.

Last edited:
You'll never hear the truth on the Pub Propaganda channel, <flame-bait omitted>.

Oh, so the Obama Administration had a full-view, open-door public meeting with no less than half of the Alaskan legislature in attendance to discuss their sovereign state's lands would be parcelled out so the truth would be known to all parties?

Thank you, francoHFW, but I can't find a single thing anywhere to back you up on your frivolous opinionary.

Last edited:

Officially, the claim that the Panama Canal is controlled by Panama is only partially correct. The fact is, the Chinese-controlled entity called Hutchison-Whampoa has a subsidiary company, the Panama Ports Company. This company operates the ports Cristobal and Balboa located at each end of the Panama Canal. Some national security experts in the U.S. have argued that control of the ports gives China strategic influence over the vital waterway.

This may not seem important in a time of peace, but China has become so chummy with America's detractors, they are in a position to make plenty of trouble if we don't let them walk all over us in reciprocity trade failures they have delivered to us in past years.

Thank you for taking the time to discuss this matter, Conservative. I'm still not much eased to know Alaskans are feeling their state lands are the subject of exploitation by a State Department that is treating them like a Colonial province rather than a full-fledged sovereign state, and Judge Miller's opinion will not soon be forgotten by me.

Panama Canal: Hillary Clinton Wrong on Chinese Control

Dear Editor:

This pertains to a recent article printed in your publication on February 27, 2006, entitled "Hillary Clinton Rips Bill’s Panama Ports Deal.” The article pointed out that the Panama Canal is being run by the Chinese, which is completely inaccurate.

The Panama Canal is managed and operated by the Panama Canal Authority (ACP), an autonomous agency of the government of Panama. Contrary to statements and reports that the Canal is run by the Chinese, neither the Government of China nor a private Chinese company has anything to do with the management, operation or function of the Canal.

The Panama Canal is run by 9,000 dedicated and talented Panamanians who, for the past six years, have a stellar record improving and modernizing the Canal’s reliability, efficiency and safety. This past fiscal year, a record 279.1 million tons* of goods transited the Canal. All Panamanians are proud of these achievements.

The Dubai Ports World issue has brought up old and false rumors that the Canal is run by the Chinese. This began in 1999 after a Hong Kong firm won the rights to run two ports in Panama. The operation of ports is different, separate and unrelated from the Canal.

The Panama Canal is a national treasure – a part of the sovereign patrimony of the Republic of Panama – and the ACP is the sole manager and operator of this vital waterway. It is a Canal run by Panamanians for the people of Panama.

Sincerely,

Dr. Stanley Muschett

Manager of Executive Administration

The Panama Canal Authority

Panama Shipping - Panama Ports - Panama Canal
The Panama Port System is made up of 18 ports of which 11 are managed by the Panama Maritime Authority through the General Directorate of Ports and Auxiliary Maritime Industries, mainly small ports that provide international transportation service and off traffic. The remaining seven ports are managed and operated by private businesses that develop their activities under the supervision of this general directorate.
There are 18 different Panamanian ports that service the canal. Only 2 are controlled by China.

I'll have you know America sent 34,000 troops to the Aleutian Islands to retake them from the Axis in 1943's WWII. It's only the second time in United States History a foreign enemy has taken our land away from us, the first being in the War of 1812.
The AXIS?????

"In the Battle of the Aleutian Islands (June 1942-August 1943) during World War II (1939-45), U.S. troops fought to remove Japanese garrisons established on a pair of U.S.-owned islands west of Alaska. In June 1942, Japan had seized the remote, sparsely inhabited islands of Attu and Kiska, in the Aleutian Islands. It was the only U.S. soil Japan would claim during the war in the Pacific."

Last edited:
Thank you, Conservative. Your link, "Panama canal: Hillary Clinton Wrong on Chinese Control" has a rebuttal beneath your quotation, which I read but put into my own words. You are to be commended for reading extensively to discuss issues that have arisen in this discussion, and I appreciate you taking the time at clarification.

I still think it is a sorry thing that Americans, whose engineers took on the Panama Canal at the turn of the nineteenth century into the twentieth and turned it into an open door for profit to the people of Panama and safe passage for American shipping interests, are now subject to no advantage or participation to use it any more.

My husband's grandfather suffered a near-death experience when he contracted malaria when he was down in Central America helping dig the canal. He was a young man at the time, but he was a very hard and determined worker, and he survived his terrible fever to the amazement of his doctors, who told him he had the highest recorded fever they ever saw in humans who contracted the disease but still survived. Some of his fellows were not so lucky. They died of malaria in order to give America its own safe trade route to promote American products made so our people would have good jobs. He was from Indiana but moved to Chicago, where he worked on people's cars and bought out his boss when he retired and became a modest business-for-self American success story my husband's mother is proud of.

I'll have you know America sent 34,000 troops to the Aleutian Islands to retake them from the Axis in 1943's WWII. It's only the second time in United States History a foreign enemy has taken our land away from us, the first being in the War of 1812.
You soap-opera fans surely do get desperate for your adrenaline-"fixes".

handjob.gif

"In the Battle of the Aleutian Islands (June 1942-August 1943) during World War II (1939-45), U.S. troops fought to remove Japanese garrisons established on a pair of U.S.-owned islands west of Alaska. In June 1942, Japan had seized the remote, sparsely inhabited islands of Attu and Kiska, in the Aleutian Islands. It was the only U.S. soil Japan would claim during the war in the Pacific."

Mr. Shaman, do you love your fellow Americans?

I'm wondering, because I am not feeling any sympathy from you whatever for the citizens who live in the State of Alaska.

Thank you, Conservative. Your link, "Panama canal: Hillary Clinton Wrong on Chinese Control" has a rebuttal beneath your quotation, which I read but put into my own words. You are to be commended for reading extensively to discuss issues that have arisen in this discussion, and I appreciate you taking the time at clarification.

I still think it is a sorry thing that Americans, whose engineers took on the Panama Canal at the turn of the nineteenth century into the twentieth and turned it into an open door for profit to the people of Panama and safe passage for American shipping interests, are now subject to no advantage or participation to use it any more.

My husband's grandfather suffered a near-death experience when he contracted malaria when he was down in Central America helping dig the canal. He was a young man at the time, but he was a very hard and determined worker, and he survived his terrible fever to the amazement of his doctors, who told him he had the highest recorded fever they ever saw in humans who contracted the disease but still survived. Some of his fellows were not so lucky. They died of malaria in order to give America its own safe trade route to promote American products made so our people would have good jobs. He was from Indiana but moved to Chicago, where he worked on people's cars and bought out his boss when he retired and became a modest business-for-self American success story my husband's mother is proud of.
US ships can still use the canal, just like ships from any nation can. They just have to pay the owners... Panama. This is as it should be.

At least you dropped the 'China controls the canal', so you're making progress :)

handjob.gif

Mr. Shaman, do you love your fellow Americans?
Not the ignorant-ones.....who are suckers to whoever can initiate an adrenaline-"charge" for those lazy-fuckers; i.e. Dead-O-Heads, Teabaggers, Freepers, Truthers, Oathers, etc.

They are a DRAG, on this Country.....DEAD-WEIGHT....PRIDEFUL of their ignorance....an ABERRATION of the people who BUILT this Country....a NATIONAL-EMBARRASSMENT!!!

There's no way to be subtle, about this!​

US ships can still use the canal, just like ships from any nation can. They just have to pay the owners... Panama. This is as it should be.

At least you dropped the 'China controls the canal', so you're making progress :)
Thank you for your help to me, Conservative. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around why the fed is so overgrown it's now threatening any state's sovereignty and treating it like a territory rather than a full-fledged state. Some in Alaska are wondering the same thing, and have been for some time. I think we owe the vocal ones a little notice for letting us know what the true state of the union is. This issue is telling me the fed is out of control in expropriation of state-owned lands to its always-changing executive office's whim and fantasy give-away shams that not only lessen states, but also the people of the United States. That's the sum of my rub, really.

Hey I thought the moonbats were chastising President Bush over this:

FalseFactSheet

But then the Real Story......

No, Obama is Not Ceding Alaskan Islands to Russia | The Virtuous Republic

"....but anyone who is arguing that he giving away territory to Russia, is in the same category as those who proclaimed that Obama wasn’t a native born citizen.

If you want to be taken seriously, don’t repeat every crackpot theory that you hear. Pick up a history book, or heaven forbid, use Google, and find the original source documents. Then and only then, proceed.

Finally, here’s the entire map, from 1867, that was used in Congress to debate the acquisition, that outlines the new boundaries of “Seward’s Folly” ....."

handjob.gif
[/SIZE] Mr. Shaman, do you love your fellow Americans?
Not the ignorant-ones.....who are suckers to whoever can initiate an adrenaline-"charge" for those lazy-fuckers; i.e. Dead-O-Heads, Teabaggers, Freepers, Truthers, Oathers, etc.

They are a DRAG, on this
Country.....DEAD-WEIGHT....PRIDEFUL of their ignorance....an ABERRATION of the people who BUILT this Country....a NATIONAL-EMBARRASSMENT!!!

There's no way to be subtle, about this!
Thank you. It sounds to me like you don't care much for your fellow Americans. I was just curious, but I didn't expect all of the upper case screaming and sheer rage.

A simple yes or no would have been a sufficient answer.

How about....wait for it..........drill and not export? :eusa_whistle:

How would you stop oil companies from exporting the oil?

Shhh, leave the fool alone. He thinks he came up with a "wonderful, new plan" no one thought of before.

I figured it out when it became known his favorite color is "snow".

So what your saying is that our nation can't do a damn thing about it, dean?
Just keep the status quo? Who sounds more like a fool? By the way, how's my avi? :lol:

Forum List

Back