Obama get very warm welcome to the house

The first step to Health Care Reform starts with Tort Reform, anything else is pure BS....

That's a state level issue, and the states that have done it have gotten screwed. Most of them saw malpractice rates skyrocket anyway, the exception being Texas. There, they lowered malpractice rates, but health insurance rates skyrocketed, completely outpacing the majority of the nation. Tort reform is a myth in terms of the big picture. Combine it with the fines for being uninsured, and all you've got is what we always seem to get - a nice fat package for the insurance companies.

On a side note, I think the concept of failing to provide a public option for millions of Americans who need it based on some fear that somewhere illegal aliens will sneak onto the plan is nonsensical. Should we fail to provide police protection and pubic schools, because somewhere an illegal immigrant may benefit?

fines for not having insurance? if that's the case, I disagree with the republicans.

Considering the fact Obama was against it on the campaign trail, I am assuming Republicans are for it. Especially since it's just another thing that Obama had a Liberal position on and is moving to the other side on. :eusa_eh:

Edit: It's certainly not the Liberal position.

Last edited:
I don't listen to Sarah Palin and i don't understand why Obama does. If she's so stupid, how is she allowed to influence policy with her stupidity? or is she not stupid, after all?

Because enough stupid people believe her.

Just some quick facts on how stupid people can be in this country sometimes:

18% believe the Sun revolves around the Earth.

Only 76% could name that we gained our independence from Great Britain.

30% still think that Saddam had WMDs despite Bush himself coming out and saying that they didn't.

Over 50% of the GOP believe that Obama was not born here in America.

39% of Americans in a poll said the Government should "stay out of Medicare." That's not including the 15% who said they aren't sure.

48% of Americans would refuse to vote for an Atheist on the basis that they are a Atheist

Sixty-five percent of Americans (65%) believe that the nation's founders intended the U.S. to be a Christian nation and 55% believe that the Constitution establishes a Christian nation. (Both are horribly wrong statements)

8% of Americans agreed with this statement: Citizens do not have the right to view and obtain information about how elections officials count votes.

In 2002, a Newsweek poll found that 89% of Americans believe the Hijackers were Iraqi. The others were unsure. Those same people who believed that the Hijackers were Iraqi Nationals with Iraq being a fundamentalist Muslim country instead of a Secular one.

The numbers continue, just sad. (Note, I'm not saying that these people are all Republicans, rather idiots like Palin.)

If the poll about the hijackers were correct, how would the support for the Iraq war EVER have diminished?

There is an element of convenient fantasy as well in Obama's health care statements to date. We are going to save money by spending money. We are going to solve our fiscal problems with a program that will increase the national debt by $1,000,000,000,000 over a decade. We are going to guarantee you can keep your current insurance with a bill that encourages your employer to stop offering it.

The convenient fantasies of President Obama | Washington Examiner

If the poll about the hijackers were correct, how would the support for the Iraq war EVER have diminished?

What do you think of the other ones? I liked the Medicare one, makes one wonder what exactly Republicans know. :eusa_eh:

As to your question, :eusa_eh:.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/Poll_41_of_Americans_believe_Saddam_0624.html

This is in June 2007 mind you:

Perhaps most alarmingly, 41% of Americans answered 'Yes' to the question "Do you think Saddam Hussein’s regime in Iraq was directly involved in planning, financing, or carrying out the terrorist attacks of September 11th, 2001?"

Further, a majority of people couldn't identify Saudia Arabia as the country of origin of most of the 9/11 hijackers, even given the question in multiple choice format. 20% answered Iraq, while 14% believed the hijackers came from Iran.

20% answered Iraq, almost 6 years later. A majority couldn't even identify Saudi Arabia as the majority for the origin of the hijackers. SIX YEARS LATER. So what does that tell you?

Looks like the Bush Administration's way of "Telling a lie long enough so it will become the truth" worked or Americans are stupid in general.

http://acidbrat.wordpress.com/2008/...majority’-of-911-hijackers-were-saudis/

I rest my case.

Last edited:
On a side note, I think the concept of failing to provide a public option for millions of Americans who need it based on some fear that somewhere illegal aliens will sneak onto the plan is nonsensical. Should we fail to provide police protection and pubic schools, because somewhere an illegal immigrant may benefit?

You have a good point.

He stated the number tonight as 30million citizens; the total number has been 46 or 47 million. He took out the illegals in the equation . . . tonight. When Obama said illegals would not be covered, the Republicans yelled out 'liar'. They'll get covered.

Xotoxi, here's the Heller amendment that was shot down:

http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/heller-6.pdf

For whoever asked it, he based Bush at least 3 times.

Whoever suggested (Repub or Dem) that people who don't get insurance be fined, that's bullshit. It shouldn't be mandatory in the first place.

There is an element of convenient fantasy as well in Obama's health care statements to date. We are going to save money by spending money. We are going to solve our fiscal problems with a program that will increase the national debt by $1,000,000,000,000 over a decade. We are going to guarantee you can keep your current insurance with a bill that encourages your employer to stop offering it.

The convenient fantasies of President Obama | Washington Examiner

and people have the audacity to scoff at those who believed Bush ? :lol:

You have a good point.

no he doesn't,, at some point obamalama is going to have to stop printing money.

He stated the number tonight as 30million citizens; the number has been 46 or 47 million. He took out the illegals in the equation . . . tonight. When Obama said illegals would not be covered, the Republicans yelled out 'liar'. They'll get covered.

Whoever suggested (Repub or Dem) that people who don't get insurance be fined, that's bullshit. It shouldn't be mandatory in the first place.

My point, he took the illegals out of the equation. Which is hope for the future.

Obama's concession for fines for mandatory insurance is for the Republicans I'm pretty sure. As a candidate, he was against such mandating.

He stated the number tonight as 30million citizens; the number has been 46 or 47 million. He took out the illegals in the equation . . . tonight. When Obama said illegals would not be covered, the Republicans yelled out 'liar'. They'll get covered.

My point, he took the illegals out of the equation. Which is hope for the future.

Obama's concession for fines for mandatory insurance is for the Republicans I'm pretty sure. As a candidate, he was against such mandating.

And when he said they would not be covered, the Repubs yelled out 'LIAR'. If they didn't want them covered why did they shoot down the Heller amendment? They will be covered.

And when he said they would not be covered, the Repubs yelled out 'LIAR'. If they didn't want them covered why did they shoot down the Heller amendment? They will be covered.

Some of the Democrats in Congress don't want to budge, Obama is however. He is making several concessions to the Republicans on this issue. Which is why I find it complete bullshit when they want even more. At this point, if we get the Republican idea of the bill, it will be watered down and complete shit.

How is the government going to pay for it? By cutting fraud and waste. The government is going to cut fraud and waste. That's an oxymoron.

How is the government going to pay for it? By cutting fraud and waste. The government is going to cut fraud and waste. That's an oxymoron.

Cutting Pork and Waste in general would pay for this bill. :eusa_eh:

Though then again, not invading countries under false pretenses would give us the money to afford this bill too. :eusa_shhh:

Some of the Democrats in Congress don't want to budge, Obama is however. He is making several concessions to the Republicans on this issue. Which is why I find it complete bullshit when they want even more. At this point, if we get the Republican idea of the bill, it will be watered down and complete shit.

is your definition of "watered down" mean excluding the public option?

I prefer diluted shit to pure shit.

If they really don't want illegals to be covered, why did the DEMS shoot down the Heller amendment? They'll be covered.

Are you aware that Obama HAS NOT met with the GOP on the health care issue since April and replied with a terse letter saying that 'the Dems have it under control'?

Boehner: GOP leaders haven't met Obama for health talks since April - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

You have a good point.

no he doesn't,, at some point obamalama is going to have to stop printing money.

You don't think he has a good point?

Do you think we should stop police protection? We wouldn't want them to use taxpayer money to help an illegal.

Forum List

Back