Obama get very warm welcome to the house

Why not open the existing insurance market to national availability. If anyone could by insurance from any provider in any state, the competition would be automatic. Costs would HAVE to come down in order to compete. Small insurance companies would have a great advantage. Small businesses would be able to offer MORE coverage or be able to offer coverage for the first time. Individuals could FINALLY afford good coverage. I think the GOP has brought this up numerous times but it has NEVER been considered.

Didn't he mention that?

He certainly mentioned 34 states that have 5 or fewer insurance options and Alabama that has one carrier covering 90% of the market.

when he explains those things satisfactorily I may listen to what he has to say.

You'd never listen to what he had to say ever.

I'd be interested if you can say one thing that he has ever said that you even agree with slightly (besides God Bless America).

I sure can.. We need health care reform. I agree with that. I don't agree with his approach or his method. I don't feel comfortable supporting a man who stands idly by and lets the speaker of the house call us nazis.. and he has not answered a single solitary question I have. Neither have you.

To me, the rebuttal made me feel as if he hadn't even listened to the speech.

They didn't, it seemed that way the last time too. I just think the Republicans follow the same old mantra: Blame the Democrats for everything, and ignore what was actually said in these speeches.

Heck, I went to the website he mentioned, everything he mentioned "live" was already up there. So it's obvious that the rebuttal was a farce, and just previously written sound bytes.

The other thing I noticed...is it in the Louisiana constitution that all Louisiana politicians are dweebs?

Why not open the existing insurance market to national availability. If anyone could by insurance from any provider in any state, the competition would be automatic. Costs would HAVE to come down in order to compete. Small insurance companies would have a great advantage. Small businesses would be able to offer MORE coverage or be able to offer coverage for the first time. Individuals could FINALLY afford good coverage. I think the GOP has brought this up numerous times but it has NEVER been considered.

Didn't he mention that?

He certainly mentioned 34 states that have 5 or fewer insurance options and Alabama that has one carrier covering 90% of the market.

he doesn't favor opening it from state to state his only answer is to let the government compete. What" you missed Axlerod on the factor? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

When are you democrats going to stop trying to demonize the freakin' messager? Give that crap a rest already.

I'm not demonizing the messenger. I didn't realize simply stating facts about them was wrong. My mistake! :eusa_eh:

Also, I would literally call that a messenger. That's a rebuttal? If this was debate, he'd probably get a 19 or a 21 at best. (Best you can get is 30)

They didn't, it seemed that way the last time too. I just think the Republicans follow the same old mantra: Blame the Democrats for everything, and ignore what was actually said in these speeches.

Heck, I went to the website he mentioned, everything he mentioned "live" was already up there. So it's obvious that the rebuttal was a farce, and just previously written sound bytes.

The other thing I noticed...is it in the Louisiana constitution that all Louisiana politicians are dweebs?

the speech was issued in written form.. earlier today.. hello

the only difference between him and Obama was that Obama's speech was live. he said the same damned things he's been saying for months except for politicizing teddy's death and yelling at Palin.

Well it's not his fault he has to go out there and clarify. Between all the bullshit about the "Death Panels", Abortions being in the bill, and Illegal Immigrants getting free health care there's enough bullshit to build a mountain.

Also, Obama's speech actually had thought put into it too. He is giving Republicans plenty of what they want, but they want more. Which is why as much as Obama wants bipartisanship, Republicans basically want Obama to act as if he were a Republican.

Not supporting a public option doesn't make the republicans partisan. his speeches are always good. It's the only thing he's good at.
if the dems don't want the illegal immigrant argument, stop saying there are 45 million uninsured when a great number of those are illegal aliens.

well the mayor of New Orleans certainly was one.

Didn't he mention that?

he's mentioned alot of things...but I don't see them in the proposed reform. Isn't that the idea? Just talk about it and then let it die?

How does he guarantee illegals dont get insurance ?
They are on food stamps , They will be on insurance as well

With open borders I dont think I like Obamas vision.

Not supporting a public option doesn't make the republicans partisan. his speeches are always good. It's the only thing he's good at.
if the dems don't want the illegal immigrant argument, stop saying there are 45 million uninsured when a great number of those are illegal aliens.

Protip: The number of uninsured without illegal aliens is still 36 million. Still a very high amount.

I just think the Republicans follow the same old mantra: Blame the Democrats for everything, and ignore what was actually said in these speeches.

Ain't that fuckin rich ..... :lol: How many times did your precious leader point the finger at Bush this evening ? .........:eusa_whistle:

How does he guarantee illegals dont get insurance ?
They are on food stamps , They will be on insurance as well

With open borders I dont think I like Obamas vision.

Well for starters, there is a provision in the bill? :eusa_eh:

the speech was issued in written form.. earlier today.. hello

So, essentially it wasn't a rebuttal, but rather an addendum.

the only difference between him and Obama was that Obama's speech was live. he said the same damned things he's been saying for months except for politicizing teddy's death and yelling at Palin.

Well it's not his fault he has to go out there and clarify. Between all the bullshit about the "Death Panels", Abortions being in the bill, and Illegal Immigrants getting free health care there's enough bullshit to build a mountain.

Also, Obama's speech actually had thought put into it too. He is giving Republicans plenty of what they want, but they want more. Which is why as much as Obama wants bipartisanship, Republicans basically want Obama to act as if he were a Republican.

Yes, and vote Yes for the Heller amendment.

when he explains those things satisfactorily I may listen to what he has to say.

I'd be interested if you can say one thing that he has ever said that you even agree with slightly (besides God Bless America).

I sure can.. We need health care reform. I agree with that. I don't agree with his approach or his method. I don't feel comfortable supporting a man who stands idly by and lets the speaker of the house call us nazis.. and he has not answered a single solitary question I have. Neither have you.

Ask me a question and I will see if I can answer it for you. If I can't answer it, I will let you know.

Protip: The number of uninsured without illegal aliens is still 36 million. Still a very high amount.

Given that's the case, you agree the dems should either stop fudging the numbers, agree they are going to cover illegal aliens, or stop the faux rage that we saw this evening?

Ask me a question and I will see if I can answer it for you. If I can't answer it, I will let you know.

for the thousand and first time

who will suffer under a 500 billion dollar cut in medicare?

why did the Democrats vote NO on the Heller amendment?

why did the obamalama appoint two eugenicists to czarships?

Forum List

Back