Obama fundraises while Putin runs amok

The U.S. Ambassador Power is making the announcement on this right now.
It should be our President making this announcement not our ambassador.

The sanctions, including the ones against some of Russia's oil companies were already announced

Then why did Ambassador Power just make it?
I had not heard anything until you posted it and then the ambassador came out and made it.

I don't know what the ambassador said today, but the round of sanctions I'm referring to included the ban on the AK-47's, so I just assumed you understood that those weapons were only a small part of the new package.

My bad.

Guess what?

The sanctions imposed by the Treasury Department would ban people in the United States from providing new financing to two major Russian banks and two major Russian energy firms, which would in effect limit their access to U.S. capital markets

Read more: US imposes new sanctions on Russia | TheHill
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Announcement of Treasury Sanctions on Entities Within the Financial Services and Energy Sectors of Russia, Against Arms or Related Materiel Entities, and those Undermining Ukraine's Sovereignty

The U.S. Ambassador Power is making the announcement on this right now.
It should be our President making this announcement not our ambassador.

The sanctions, including the ones against some of Russia's oil companies were already announced

And Obama wants an investigation, already announced.

What did Obama do?
He banned the sale of the sale of all Russian-made AK-47 semi-automatic rifles, Saiga-12 shotguns, and all other firearms and parts manufactured by Kalishnikov.
This is not going to do anything at all.
He should put sanctions on Russian Oil.

A strong leader puts sanctions where it really hurts not what Obama did, which is nothing.

Don't you think if obama could put sanctions on Russian oil he would have done it? He can't. He can't because every country he has asked to participate in sanctions said no. The US can announce all the sanctions in the world. If no one abides by sanctions they are just empty words.

I see the nutters are still on Putin's side.

Yeah that's what we want is Russian becoming a strong nation again. :cuckoo:

It is what Obama wants. He doesn't think that America should be a strong leader.

You're all cheering Putin on. Every other day you nits talk about impeaching Obama and Putin commits a war crime and what do you do? Jump on Obama.

It is infinitely clear that you can't bring yourself to do the right thing, which is to call for Putin's ouster via getting the EU to join the sanctions and cut off Putin's balls with the resulting economic crash of Russia.

No, you'd rather just hope Obama will get blamed.

The EU will not abide by sanctions and have already said they would not. China won't even address the issue of sanctions against Russia.

It is what Obama wants. He doesn't think that America should be a strong leader.

You're all cheering Putin on. Every other day you nits talk about impeaching Obama and Putin commits a war crime and what do you do? Jump on Obama.

It is infinitely clear that you can't bring yourself to do the right thing, which is to call for Putin's ouster via getting the EU to join the sanctions and cut off Putin's balls with the resulting economic crash of Russia.

The EU will not abide by sanctions and have already said they would not. China won't even address the issue of sanctions against Russia.

Then they pretty much deserve what they get. Such cowards, how shameful.

Then again, this might make them rethink the issue. They'd be extremely stupid to let Putin get his way and be excused for his war crime.

What did Obama do?
He banned the sale of the sale of all Russian-made AK-47 semi-automatic rifles, Saiga-12 shotguns, and all other firearms and parts manufactured by Kalishnikov.

A strong leader puts sanctions where it really hurts not what Obama did, which is nothing.

Don't you think if obama could put sanctions on Russian oil he would have done it? He can't. He can't because every country he has asked to participate in sanctions said no. The US can announce all the sanctions in the world. If no one abides by sanctions they are just empty words.

He just did. :D
I didn't know about it when I typed the above.

What did Obama do?

And Obama wants an international investigation, I say leave KGB Russia OUT of all but giving evidence.

anyone notice EVERY week it's another crisis after another under this Regime?

What did Obama do?

What obama did, was have Samantha Power announce US sanctions on Russia. This doesn't mean there will be any actual sanctions unless the nations that do business with Russia abide by the sanctions. As Europe has already said they would not, China and India brushed off the whole idea long ago, what sanctions will there be?

In order for sanctions against Russian oil to work, Europe will have to sacrifice 30% of the energy needs, or increase their energy costs to get oil from elsewhere. That's why sanctions won't work.

I see the nutters are still on Putin's side.

No one is cheering Putin.
I have never said Obama should be impeached.

Obama is a weak leader...there is no doubt. He failed in Syria, he failed in Egypt, he failed in Iraq...he has failed American foreign policy and his incompetence has destroyed American morale. But to praise Putin???? WTF is the matter with you guys.

The Teaper policy of obstructionism, distraction and hyperbole continues to divide and weaken this country equally as much as Obama's failures. What leader wouldn't act contrary to humanity and American interests when there is such a faction that desires our own failure as a means to political gain?

What happened to the Teaper and libertarian ideal of isolationism? What happened to the thought that Europe has an issue and Europe needs to handle it, or at the very least, take the lead. There was 1...ONE...confirmed American on that flight and the majority were Euromites. The last I looked, Ukraine is NOT in North America, but in Europe. Last I looked, Europeans are dependent on natural gas from Russia, not America.

The Teaper principle of destroying America for political gain has reached a boiling point. The idea of praising Putin...only emboldens Putin. And with all of this anti-american criticism, no solutions are ever offered...only insults and vitriol.

Obama probably shouldn't have went to a fundraiser...but what should he have done? Speak to Euromite leaders who have no interest in defending their own interests? Should he demand the UN take action :)lol:).

And this isn't defending Obama...it is rational thought devoid of the politicizing tragedy and pseudo war chants. You guys don't really want war with Russia do you?

How do you know he didn't speak to other leaders? How do you know he didn't set up meetings? Should he have launched missiles on Moscow?

Pathetic, anti-American drivel in support of Putin and Russia. Shameless.

Last edited:
What did Obama do?

It is hurting their markets and this is why it works.
Russia's benchmark MICEX was down 2.9 percent in late afternoon trading Thursday upon news of the sanctions while Russia's biggest oil company, Rosneft, was nearly 5 percent down and second-largest oil producer was trading 9 percent lower.

The Bear Is Loose | Washington Free Beacon

Megyn Kelly asked last night, "What is wrong with this President, does he have even a clue on being a Leader?"

The answer is no and this article sums it up best..

That article contains right wing fabrications and lies such as this:

Putin muscled nearby Kyrgyzstan into closing our air base there, crucial for transport, resupply, and reconnaissance in the war against the Taliban.

The Bear Is Loose | Washington Free Beacon

Your views must judged by the quality of the news you cite. This cite is pure bunk.

Putin has supported the land route supply lines on rail through Russian territory so ISAF was not limited to Pakistan supply routes as the only route to landlocked Afghanistan.

Just a fact.

I had not heard anything until you posted it and then the ambassador came out and made it.

I don't know what the ambassador said today, but the round of sanctions I'm referring to included the ban on the AK-47's, so I just assumed you understood that those weapons were only a small part of the new package.

My bad.

No it's my bad for not knowing.
I was not watching any news on Wednesday and just a small amount on Thursday.
I only heard about the weapons not anything else.
Thank you for putting the info up.

Obama is a weak leader...there is no doubt. He failed in Syria, he failed in Egypt, he failed in Iraq...he has failed American foreign policy and his incompetence has destroyed American morale.

Can you explain in your own words what exactly is Obama's failure in Syria. Did you not hear that 100% of Assad's Chemical Weapons arsenal was destroyed or removed from the war zone where IS has set up a government of terror there?

Getting those CW away from IS not a failure.

Can you explain in your own words how Obama failed in Iraq?

Can you explain in your own words how Obama failed in Egypt? Are you displeased that the Muslim Brotherhood has been outlawed and reigned in there?

Egypt and Israel are working together on crushing the terrorists uprising in the Siñai.

Its easy to mouth the words Obama is weak but not so easy to intelligently explain why.

Obama is a weak leader...there is no doubt. He failed in Syria, he failed in Egypt, he failed in Iraq...he has failed American foreign policy and his incompetence has destroyed American morale.

Can you explain in your own words what exactly is Obama's failure in Syria. Did you not hear that 100% of Assad's Chemical Weapons arsenal was destroyed or removed from the war zone where IS has set up a government of terror there?

Getting those CW away from IS not a failure.

Can you explain in your own words how Obama failed in Iraq?

Can you explain in your own words how Obama failed in Egypt? Are you displeased that the Muslim Brotherhood has been outlawed and reigned in there?

Egypt and Israel are working together on crushing the terrorists uprising in the Siñai.

Its easy to mouth the words Obama is weak but not so easy to intelligently explain why.

Simply put...he did not provide leadership. He failed to use our assets as a deterrent. He failed to rally our allies. He failed to put in enough effort or seem to care enough to make a difference. He really didn't need to do much in any of those situations...but empty rhetoric was not the solution. If you draw a line in the sand and you are the leader of a nation who has the greatest military assets in the world...and you do nothing - you lose respect of the world.

Leadership...it is an important characteristic if you are the leader of the free world.

What did Obama do?

Um, two days ago.

Ukraine-related Sanctions; Publication of Executive Order 13662 Sectoral Sanctions Identifications List

I believe you didn't know the extent of the sanctions but you certainly knew about the AK-47 manufacturer being sanctioned didn't you? Why do you suppose that is?

Um, two days ago.

Ukraine-related Sanctions; Publication of Executive Order 13662 Sectoral Sanctions Identifications List

I believe you didn't know the extent of the sanctions but you certainly knew about the AK-47 manufacturer being sanctioned didn't you? Why do you suppose that is?

Yeah...the Teapers were only interested in spinning the story as a violation of the 2nd Amendment. I see it as their support for Putin, Russia, and the fall of America.

My bad.

No it's my bad for not knowing.
I was not watching any news on Wednesday and just a small amount on Thursday.
I only heard about the weapons not anything else.
Thank you for putting the info up.

Thanks, please ignore my recent post then.

Not so much to defend Obama, but nothing is in a vacuum. The US lost the moral highground in 2003. When you speak of rallying allies, the fact is we had none in 2008.

It's actually sort of remarkable that Hillary cobbled together enough to make sanctions work. Iran never cooperated with BushII. If you want to blame somebody for al queda in Iraq, I don't see Obama as being the guy.

There will be a new potus in 16, and it seems to me that he will not be in as weak a position as Obama was in 2008

That said, we got precious little for our blood and treasure in Afghan.

Forum List

Back