Obama Drone Attacks Legal/Moral?...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
The ACLU just announced this week that they will now be requesting undisclosed information on this Administration's use of Drone attacks by way of the 'Freedom of Information Act.' They say they will now challenge the Legality of such attacks which are known to have killed thousands of civilians around the World. This week this Administration announced the killing of a prominent Taliban leader in Pakistan but what they didn't announce was that this Drone attack also killed his entire family. So while the ACLU is questioning the Legality of Drone attacks,others are beginning to question the morality or immorality of such attacks as well. I would be very interested in hearing what others think on this topic. Thanks.

Last edited:
What did happen to the "Anti-War" movement? Not hearing much from them these days. Where did they go? Hmm?

If we follow the "Terrorists have rights under the Constitution" to its logical conclusion, Obama is committing cold blooded, premeditated murder against these citizens, on par with the po-leece busting down your door without a warrant and coming in with guns blazing

so anyone in the military is committing cold blooded murder if there is ''collateral damage'', civilians killed????

so anyone in the military is committing cold blooded murder if there is ''collateral damage'', civilians killed????

Well since the Jihadist DO have Constitutional rights the answer is "yes" and their estates can sue in Civil court too

Can Drone attacks really be classified as "collateral damage?" They are directly targeting an individual and his family. Drones don't seem to distinguish whether the man's family is present or not. Gets a little complicated.

Why in the title 'obama drones". The drones have existed and have been used prior to Obama, so why associate them with him specifically

Can Drone attacks really be classified as "collateral damage?" They are directly targeting an individual and his family. Drones don't seem to distinguish whether the man's family is present or not. Gets a little complicated.

We have killed hundreds of innocent people during this war, that were collateral damage and yes we used drones to get to these people and their families being present or at a wedding or targeting a home filled with family and friends, has not mattered.

I dont happen to agree with this measure and believe we should NOT target the perp we are trying to get, family in tow ...it is immoral to kill an innocent person or persons....

I'm not too sure the ACLU will win on their questioning the legality of such attacks but the moral questioning is another issue all together.

How is it any different than collateral damages caused by manned planes, helicopters, etc?

I agree its bullshit to take out a city block killing innocents to go after the bad guys. Collateral damage should not be just shrugged off IMO

How is it any different than collateral damages caused by manned planes, helicopters, etc?

I agree its bullshit to take out a city block killing innocents to go after the bad guys. Collateral damage should not be just shrugged off IMO

The Jihadists now have rights as citizens under our Constitution, remember?

Christ Frankie... Do you even try to not look ignorant? Are there any jihadist U S citizens?

Constitutional rights are only provided to criminals in our custody. That is only if we intend to prosecute them under our laws.

I think it is up to any Al Kaida operative responsibility to protect his loved ones by not trying to hide among them. If Ossama was standing behind a child and I had a rifle I would shoot him anyway. His head would be at least a foot and a half higher than any child. But what if it was a very tall woman? She gonna die.

If cops were going after a bad guy in an apartment or house next to you and they dropped a missile blowing up that house (and yours) and killing loved one of yours, would you find that acceptable? So why should it be ok to kill innocents to go after bad guys, just because they are foreigners?

Christ Frankie... Do you even try to not look ignorant? Are there any jihadist U S citizens?

Constitutional rights are only provided to criminals in our custody. That is only if we intend to prosecute them under our laws.

I think it is up to any Al Kaida operative responsibility to protect his loved ones by not trying to hide among them. If Ossama was standing behind a child and I had a rifle I would shoot him anyway. His head would be at least a foot and a half higher than any child. But what if it was a very tall woman? She gonna die.

So when do these imaginary Constitutional right begin?

They only way they can challenge the legality of this is to see if their is a treaty that forbids the use of drones or similar.

This is why I can't stand the ACLU and I never thought I would be cheering the Obama administration on this.

So when do these imaginary Constitutional right begin?

It is enlightening that you view the Constitution of The United States as "imaginary"...very telling.

Forum List

Back