Obama does not lower flags for Tennessee shooting

11737922_644640382337736_3977155824071703863_n.jpg

Let me explain...the decision as to Same Sex marriage was an event that unfolded over years of litigation and came to a denouement when the SCOTUS issued its recent decision...so it was not an unexpected situation allowing for planning.

The shooting of the Marines was an imponderable event . It was totally unexpected so the planning that allowed the WH Light display was not applicable..

Here’s how a flag etiquette expert explained the “delay.”

“The five military personnel who were killed were classified as killed “in the line of duty” by the Pentagon. For this reason, the responsibility goes to the Governors of the each state that had a fallen hero. The President does not typically order that flags be lowered for “in the line of duty” tragedies; if he were to do so, the flags would have to ALWAYS be lowered because of soldiers dying “in the line of duty”. The flags would have remained lowered for YEARS during the wars if this were the process. So it’s not just Obama. The President has ordered flags lowered numerous times when there have been civilian casualties along with military casualties (like Fort Hood). But because these deaths occurred “in the line of duty”, it is a different situation. I

Link?

You have some real serious mental issues and should seek out assistance for your illness

Don't listen to the fools, you're treatable

Your inability to address the points made are duly noted.

YOu do get that we are the ones invading THEIR region, they aren't invading ours, right?

We are the ones who propped up the Shah, we are the one who armed Saddam (until he turned on us) and Bin Laden (until he turned on us). We are the ones who shot down a planeload of pilgrims on their way to Mecca.

They were soldiers killed in the line of duty which if there was a protocol for lowering the flag in that circumstance then it would be lowered for each soldier killed in any war.

Is it?
Can you explain why this is considered"UN the line of duty" but not Ft. Hood

I don't have to.

How many soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan during Bush's disaster of a presidency got the flags lowered for them,

by Bush?

Is the answer 'zero'? You tell me.

Somewhere along the line the flag lowering got politicized and bastardized and a few other -izes to the point where we might as well leave the national flag at half mast permanently.

You have some real serious mental issues and should seek out assistance for your illness

Don't listen to the fools, you're treatable

Your inability to address the points made are duly noted.

YOu do get that we are the ones invading THEIR region, they aren't invading ours, right?

We are the ones who propped up the Shah, we are the one who armed Saddam (until he turned on us) and Bin Laden (until he turned on us). We are the ones who shot down a planeload of pilgrims on their way to Mecca.

as per usual nothing you say holds up to the slightest bit of scrutiny. we havent "invaded" anybody's religion; that statement is idiotic on its face

idiots like you should really do your homework. google the White Revolution; the Shah of Iran was an Eagle Scout compared to the brutal Aytollah regime CARTER INSTALLED IN IRAN that is threatening the world today

the same idiots whining we propped up the shah are the same losers saying we should have left Saddam in charge because he kept the fundamentalists in check. cant have it both ways idiots

Saddams' BAATH Party took power in a coup, some say aided by the CIA, in 1963

who had the White House then? and Congress too?

obama didnt want to lower it because he would rather not have to admit another terrorist attack happened on American soil

Somewhere along the line the flag lowering got politicized and bastardized and a few other -izes to the point where we might as well leave the national flag at half mast permanently.

The flag was lowered for Fort Hood. AND the Aurora shootings, Virginia Tech and Sandy Hook.

This is on record. It is appalling that the flag that these victims served under was not ordered lowered by the President immediately out of respect for the dead.

There are no excuses. Shame on the President.

The flag was lowered for Fort Hood. AND the Aurora shootings, Virginia Tech and Sandy Hook.

This is on record. It is appalling that the flag that these victims served under was not ordered lowered by the President immediately out of respect for the dead.

Keep politicizing it.

Keep politicizing it.

her point was it was lowered in all the other cases; the only one politicizing it is you; to defend your Messiah. common sense should have dictated it be lowered

Keep politicizing it.

her point was it was lowered in all the other cases; the only one politicizing it is you; to defend your Messiah. common sense should have dictated it be lowered

I'm politicizing it? How many of you RWnuts in this thread ever attacked Bush for not lowering the flag every time a soldier was killed in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Keep politicizing it.

Keep politicizing it.

yea; and?

Keep politicizing it.

Fucking eh! It needs to be politicized. This was a gigantic FAIL by the CIC.

Don't even try to play holier than thou on the liberal side. You politicized Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, Aurora, Charleston and others. You politicize Donald Trump's farts for crying out loud.

:lol:

Last edited:

Keep politicizing it.

yea; and?

And now you can quit your bitching.

Keep politicizing it.

yea; and?

awwww poor baby; i'm bitching about your Messiah and you bitching about me.
sorry leftard; but i think i will continue to speak my mind if that is ok with you?

Keep politicizing it.

yea; and?

awwww poor baby; i'm bitching about your Messiah and you bitching about me.
sorry leftard; but i think i will continue to speak my mind if that is ok with you?

If it helps you feel better, go for it, bed-wetter.

Forum List

Back