Obama defenders: explain how this IS NOT A LIE? "I will not raise your payroll taxes"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by healthmyths, Jan 5, 2013.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,052
    Obama MADE THIS PLEDGE..

BUT IT WAS AN OUT AND OUT LIE!! A LIE To get votes! AND YOU IDIOTS that voting for him ARE PAYING NOW!!!

"I can make a firm pledge: Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”

CBO: Obamacare Mandate Tax Overwhelmingly Hits Middle Class - Guy Benson

REALITY AND BASIS for calling Obama an out and out LIAR!!!

From the Huffington Post........
    Fiscal Cliff Deal Will Raise Taxes On 77 Percent Of Americans: Tax Policy Center Analysis
    While the tax package that Congress passed New Year's Day will protect 99 percent of Americans from an income tax increase, most of them will still end up paying more federal taxes in 2013.

That's because the legislation did nothing to prevent a temporary reduction in the Social Security payroll tax from expiring. In 2012, that 2-percentage-point cut in the payroll tax was worth about $1,000 to a worker making $50,000 a year.

The Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan Washington research group, estimates that 77 percent of American households will face higher federal taxes in 2013 under the agreement negotiated between President Barack Obama and Senate Republicans. High-income families will feel the biggest tax increases, but many middle- and low-income families will pay higher taxes too.

Fiscal Cliff Deal Will Raise Taxes On 77 Percent Of Americans: Tax Policy Center Analysis

2. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,052
    Now I also want Obama defenders to explain then if Obama is the Messiah, and gives money to people as these people have said:

Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
    Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
    February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters.org

But then when it comes to Obama???

I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
    Evan Thomas on Hardball, June 5, 2009.
    Newsweek
    So you defenders like Thomas believe Obama is "sort of God" HOW COME WE ARE paying more payroll taxes???

Or if Obama has a stash... why is he asking us to pay for payroll taxes?

Obama has a stash of cash..
    ROGULSKI: And where did Obama get it?
    WOMAN #1: I don't know, his stash. I don't know. (laughter) I don't know where he got it from,
    but he givin' it to us,
    WOMAN #2: And we love him. WOMAN #1: We love him. That's why we voted for him!

Or maybe this person...
    ...""I wont have to worry about putting gas in my car, I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage..
    You know, If I help him, he's gonna help me." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slUBWQ1AUEg"

I mean you defenders... WHY did Hurricane Sandy occur, or payroll taxes increase... I thought Obama was "sort of a God" and he had a stash, and was going to pay our mortgages?

3. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,477
    Talk is cheap, it's what you do that counts.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,240
    I don't know about all this messiah crap, that's something you guys on the right came up with but, from what I gather Obama hasn't raised payroll taxes.

The payroll tax "holiday" was implemented as a temporary measure to stimulate the economy. When it expires it expires unless Congress decides to continue it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,328
    Is the payroll tax higher now than it was when he said that in 2008?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Well Greenbeard, Obama like a Republican lowered taxes and ran the deficit way up, now he is raising taxes... See that's how it works, if taxes are set at 1 number and it goes down then it's less, if it goes up it's more... Do you see how that works?

Only progressive Obama ass banger can call raising taxes keeping taxes the same!

If peoples taxes go up on anyone under the 1% er I mean 2% then it's because Republicans held the nation hostage!!!! If Obama raises taxes on the middle class it's intelligent and not really raising taxes!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  7. LittleNipper

LittleNipper VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    If a person doesn't have a job and is living on welfare, then that individual will not see a raise in taxes.

8. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    I don't think Obama supporters really understand the guy they are supporting. I think they are still jaded over the fact that he's a mixed president and their glee overwhelms their logic.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  9. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    Farrakhan a right winger?
    [ame=http://youtu.be/srk18X804hQ]Farrakhan Heralds Obama as Messiah - YouTube[/ame]

10. Glensather

Glensather Gothic Vampires

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Politicians? Lying? IN MY COUNTRY?
    It's more likely than you think!