Obama defenders: explain how this IS NOT A LIE? "I will not raise your payroll taxes"

Let me ask a simple question that I suspect none of the rightwingers here will answer:

Would it have been a good idea to keep the payroll tax cut in place?

If so why?

if you've been paying less in tax and now you're paying more it's a tax increase. what once was a cut is now an increase.. deal with it cause you voted for it.

Is the payroll tax higher now than it was when he said that in 2008?

Well Greenbeard, Obama like a Republican lowered taxes and ran the deficit way up, now he is raising taxes...

That sounds like a no. The payroll tax is no higher now than it was when he said it wouldn't increase.

I see you stopped reading when it gave you the answer you wanted...

BTW, if I say I won't sleep with your wife, does that mean I can sleep with her 4 years later and it does not count as sleeping with her because it's been 4 years?

Obama said he won't raise peoples taxes, does it matter if he lowered them first? No... He still raised them later.

Let me ask a simple question that I suspect none of the rightwingers here will answer:

If so why?

Yes, because it's not Governments money.

The answer of course is to cut spending... But under Obama spending has increased. Under Obama we are in more wars and therefore military spending has vastly increased.

None of that matters to you because you’re a Dev VS Rep kinda guy… Even if the party you vote for does near every single thing you claim to hate the Republican party for doing.

Here's a questio to you... Do you think it was a good idea for Obama to do a payrole tax cut in the first place while spening more?

under Obama spending has increased.

You're misinformed

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME.jpg

Obama spending binge never happened - MarketWatch

If so why?

The answer of course is to cut spending... But under Obama spending has increased. Under Obama we are in more wars and therefore military spending has vastly increased.

None of that matters to you because you’re a Dev VS Rep kinda guy… Even if the party you vote for does near every single thing you claim to hate the Republican party for doing.

Here's a questio to you... Do you think it was a good idea for Obama to do a payrole tax cut in the first place while spening more?

I said it was a bad idea at the time.

How would you run a government that could not collect any taxes?

If so why?

Well, ONE rightwinger had the courage to answer this question. lol, one percent of conservatives having courage is about right.

Obama defenders: explain how this IS NOT A LIE? "I will not raise your payroll taxes"

Spin it how you wish; but the payroll tax holiday was a temporary stimulus. It was designed to expire (like the Bush tax cuts, which are now the Obama tax cuts -- except that this tax cut actually expired as designed).

Are you now in favor of economic stimulus?

Hey no matter how you parse it!
"I will not raise your payroll taxes" is pretty simple.
PHONY Perceptions are what Obama was elected on.
HE LIED! Payroll taxes are taken more from 77% of Americans check AFTER OBAMA said he would NOT RAISE YOUR PAYROLL TAXES!!!!

Obama knew they were "temporary" BUT he allowed them to be raised ANYWAY! He signed the bill!

Is the payroll tax higher now than it was when he said that in 2008?

Well Greenbeard, Obama like a Republican lowered taxes and ran the deficit way up, now he is raising taxes...

That sounds like a no. The payroll tax is no higher now than it was when he said it wouldn't increase.

AGAIN!!! Perceptions that Obama was smart enough and again people voted because he said he wouldn't raise payroll taxes! A LIE no matter how you parse it!

Now that payroll taxes have increased and everyone can pretty much look at their own paystubs to see how much, will they still say he didn't increase payroll taxes?

40 Republican Senators voted for what you people are calling a tax increase. Why don't you start 40 threads about each one of them?

SIMPLE! NONE of them made the stupid statement:

"I can make a firm pledge: Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”

OBAMA RAN ON NO tax increase!

Yet affective Jan 1,2013 REGARDLESS of who SIGNED the legislation, OBAMA AS THE EXECUTIVE signed the bill to allow MORE MONEY to be taken from 77% of Americans!
That is the Perception!
Obama signed the bill AFTER HE PLEDGED Promised NO payroll tax increases!

YET 77% of Americans are seeing less in their paychecks because HE BROKE HIS PLEDGE!!!

NO other way to look at it! Remember Bush LIED about WMDs right? NONE were found RIGHT?
Well Obama LIED DIRECTLY to voters.."NO form of tax increases.. not your payroll tax!"
LIED!!!

Let's see... what did the supreme court call the obamacare penalty again... oh, that's right....

...A TAX!!!​

You PATHETIC odumbobots are just as big of LIARS as the SHIT STAIN you're supporting.

If so why?

I said it was a bad idea at the time.

How would you run a government that could not collect any taxes?

:razz:By cutting out unnessasary spending.

If so why?

More wars under Obama? What wars are you talking about? He ended war in Iraq.

Last edited:
40 Republican Senators voted for what you people are calling a tax increase. Why don't you start 40 threads about each one of them?

SIMPLE! NONE of them made the stupid statement:

"I can make a firm pledge: Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”

OBAMA RAN ON NO tax increase!

Yet affective Jan 1,2013 REGARDLESS of who SIGNED the legislation, OBAMA AS THE EXECUTIVE signed the bill to allow MORE MONEY to be taken from 77% of Americans!
That is the Perception!
Obama signed the bill AFTER HE PLEDGED Promised NO payroll tax increases!

YET 77% of Americans are seeing less in their paychecks because HE BROKE HIS PLEDGE!!!

NO other way to look at it! Remember Bush LIED about WMDs right? NONE were found RIGHT?
Well Obama LIED DIRECTLY to voters.."NO form of tax increases.. not your payroll tax!"
LIED!!!

Of all the ODS meltdowns on here, yours has probably been the most entertaining.

:D

Forum List

Back