Obama creates 297,000 JOBS!

Early Wednesday, payroll processor ADP said private companies added 297,000 jobs in December. That's nearly three times the 100,000 economists had expected. Treasurys took a dive after the report was released.

Summary Box: Jobs report sends Treasurys lower

you cant say that the tax cuts compromise caused any of this since none of it was in affect during December, and it wasnt even passed until December 16th.

oh but i bet that the Tea Party and GOP will try to somehow claim victory on this one as well..

Are you seriously surprised? People are always hired for Christmas.

You're self awareness is so unexpectedly refreshing!

The economic consensus is that the BLS report will show a gain of 125K-150K for December, and that the ADP report is screwy.

We'll have to wait and see.

link......

Do you ever bother to read anything that isn't posted here?

The private sector added 297,000 jobs nationwide in December, according to a report released Wednesday by ADP. But while the report caused a stir in some markets - lifting the dollar, for example, - skeptics say it is just too good to be true.

It was the largest monthly increase since the payroll firm launched its report in 2006 - and about two to three times what many economists expect the federal government's numbers to show Friday.

Economists expect the Labor Department to report a gain of about 150,000 jobs in December compared to November, a Bloomberg News survey said.

Several economists told Newsday Wednesday they expect to see an increase of 125,000 to 165,000 jobs. They said the ADP report, which is often based on a smaller sample and uses different methodology than the government, has been off before.

Ken Goldstein, labor economist for the The Conference Board in Manhattan, said, "I think it's a screwy number, and it's not the first time that ADP has come out with a screwy number."

December ADP jobs report 'wildly optimistic'

genius im the OP, i simply asked for a link backing up what you were claiming. i never claimed the the ADP was the only report. I posted that the ADP report showed 297,000 jobs were created. shouldnt everyone be happy about this? doesnt this mean that the economy is growing and unemployment numbers should be decreasing? hence does this lead us towards a better country as a whole?

or are you so enamored in wanting a political win, you are too blind to see something that is positive for the whole country?

Early Wednesday, payroll processor ADP said private companies added 297,000 jobs in December. That's nearly three times the 100,000 economists had expected.

Well on the surface at least, this certainly seems like great news.

agreed, its a huge win for Obama especially with the GOP saying that he doesnt know how to create jobs. but like i said, im sure the Tea Party and GOP will try to spin this their way.... only time will tell

@Bod - im not sure, ADP did not report those numbers which does make me a bit skeptical since there is usually an uptick in seasonal jobs over the holidays. but the good news is that they only forecast 100,000 and the economy actually added 297,000. thats huge for the economy.

Alright, if he knows how to create jobs, How has he done it and why doesnt he do more of it?

link......

The private sector added 297,000 jobs nationwide in December, according to a report released Wednesday by ADP. But while the report caused a stir in some markets - lifting the dollar, for example, - skeptics say it is just too good to be true.

It was the largest monthly increase since the payroll firm launched its report in 2006 - and about two to three times what many economists expect the federal government's numbers to show Friday.

Economists expect the Labor Department to report a gain of about 150,000 jobs in December compared to November, a Bloomberg News survey said.

Several economists told Newsday Wednesday they expect to see an increase of 125,000 to 165,000 jobs. They said the ADP report, which is often based on a smaller sample and uses different methodology than the government, has been off before.

Ken Goldstein, labor economist for the The Conference Board in Manhattan, said, "I think it's a screwy number, and it's not the first time that ADP has come out with a screwy number."

genius im the OP, i simply asked for a link backing up what you were claiming. i never claimed the the ADP was the only report. I posted that the ADP report showed 297,000 jobs were created. shouldnt everyone be happy about this? doesnt this mean that the economy is growing and unemployment numbers should be decreasing? hence does this lead us towards a better country as a whole?

or are you so enamored in wanting a political win, you are too blind to see something that is positive for the whole country?

Moron. I already posted that it is decent news. We'll see what the BLS survey reports as the true employment situation.

And after such a severe recession, we should have had at least a year of 250K-300K jobs created months by now.

Early Wednesday, payroll processor ADP said private companies added 297,000 jobs in December. That's nearly three times the 100,000 economists had expected. Treasurys took a dive after the report was released.

you cant say that the tax cuts compromise caused any of this since none of it was in affect during December, and it wasnt even passed until December 16th.

oh but i bet that the Tea Party and GOP will try to somehow claim victory on this one as well..

Are you seriously surprised? People are always hired for Christmas.

i am surprised, seeing as how economists thought only 100,000 jobs were going to be created. the report shows 3 times as many were actually created. had the report read 50,000 jobs created i would have been worried, if 100,000 jobs had been created, then it would have been nothing special.

you people can never enjoy good news for the economy .....geez

agreed, its a huge win for Obama especially with the GOP saying that he doesnt know how to create jobs. but like i said, im sure the Tea Party and GOP will try to spin this their way.... only time will tell

@Bod - im not sure, ADP did not report those numbers which does make me a bit skeptical since there is usually an uptick in seasonal jobs over the holidays. but the good news is that they only forecast 100,000 and the economy actually added 297,000. thats huge for the economy.

Alright, if he knows how to create jobs, How has he done it and why doesnt he do more of it?

Better yet why did he wait until after he lost the house?

1) The stimulus bill and the auto industry bailout
2) The republicans vote against anything thats good for the nation

Moron. I already posted that it is decent news. We'll see what the BLS survey reports as the true employment situation.

And after such a severe recession, we should have had at least a year of 250K-300K jobs created months by now.

youre the one who got all upset when i asked for a link. simmer down

So it took 2 years before the stimulus started creating jobs? really?

It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that December is the month where people spend the most money and so businesses needed more help the December sales, right?

i am surprised, seeing as how economists thought only 100,000 jobs were going to be created. the report shows 3 times as many were actually created. had the report read 50,000 jobs created i would have been worried, if 100,000 jobs had been created, then it would have been nothing special.

No. I enjoy the news quite well. I just despise lying for politics.

Obama creates 297,000 JOBS!

That Obama, he be the MAN.

he waved his magic wand and waa laa, CREATED JOBS.

we should all kiss the ground he walks on.:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

So it took 2 years before the stimulus started creating jobs? really?

It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that December is the month where people spend the most money and so businesses needed more help the December sales, right?

No, it took 2 years for the stimulus (and other bills) to create more jobs than the bush* recession was destroying

And ADP's report is "seasonally adjusted". Do you even know what that means?

It's why the BLS report is seasonally adjusted - something ADP doesn't do.

No. I enjoy the news quite well. I just despise lying for politics.

Lying for politics?

You mean like the way you dishonestly implied that a "seasonally adjusted" report was influenced by the season?

what victory? They were part time Christmas workers and unless obie wan created Christmas he didn't create any jobs.

Forum List

Back