Jobs creation slows dramatically with payrolls up just 75,000 in May, much worse than expected

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'Job creation decelerated strongly in May, with nonfarm payrolls up by just 75,000 even as the unemployment rate remained at a 50-year low, the Labor Department reported Friday.

The decline was the second in four months that payrolls increased by less than 100,000 as the labor market continues to show signs of weakening. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for a gain of 180,000.

In addition to the weak total for May, the previous two months’ reports saw substantial downward revisions. March’s count fell from 189,000 to 153,000 and the April total was taken down to 224,000 from 263,000, for a total reduction of 75,000 jobs.'

Jobs creation slows dramatically with payrolls up just 75,000 in May, much worse than expected

When I saw the lousy ADP numbers a few days ago - I was almost certain the BLS numbers would suck.

And they do.

Ha...to Trump/Trumpbots and their ridiculous trade war. I bet the economy would slow down...and it is doing just that. I clean up while Trump and his little minions continue to have egg on their faces.

I LOVE IT.

This will hurt Trump AND (eventually) the Fed....EXCELLENT.

(sorry the economy has to suffer short term to get that fat, senile piece of filth out of the WH...but I warned everyone for years that his tariff ideas were madness - so my conscious is clear)

And in case you ignoramuses say 'so what, the DOW is booming today'. Yeah morons, the equities are booming because this shitty jobs report means more likelihood of rate cuts. And rate cuts means a WEAK ECONOMY.
Plus it means the central bank intervention of the past 10 years is a COMPLETE FAILURE (don't try and understand - because 95% of you don't...even if you think you do).

LOVE to watch the human rat Trump and his minions fail.

Last edited:
The left. Constantly searching for bad news and rejoicing when they think they've found some. Nothing new here.

'Job creation decelerated strongly in May, with nonfarm payrolls up by just 75,000 even as the unemployment rate remained at a 50-year low, the Labor Department reported Friday.

The decline was the second in four months that payrolls increased by less than 100,000 as the labor market continues to show signs of weakening. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for a gain of 180,000.

In addition to the weak total for May, the previous two months’ reports saw substantial downward revisions. March’s count fell from 189,000 to 153,000 and the April total was taken down to 224,000 from 263,000, for a total reduction of 75,000 jobs.'

When I saw the lousy ADP numbers a few days ago - I was almost certain the BLS numbers would suck.

And they do.

Ha...to Trump/Trumpbots and their ridiculous trade war. I bet the economy would slow down...and it is doing just that. I clean up while Trump and his little minions continue to have egg on their faces.

I LOVE IT.

(sorry the economy has to suffer short term to get that fat, senile piece of filth out of the WH...but I warned everyone for years that his tariff ideas were madness - so my conscious is clear)

And in case you ignoramuses say 'so what, the DOW is booming today'. Yeah morons, the equities are booming because this shitty jobs report means more likelihood of rate cuts. And rate cuts means a WEAK ECONOMY.
Plus it means the central bank intervention of the past 10 years is a COMPLETE FAILURE (don't try and understand - because 95% of you don't...even if you think you do).

Deport illegals and watch jobs open up. Making money on Dow and tax break. What was that you were saying?

And they do.

I LOVE IT.

This will hurt the Federal Reserve? How?

Plus it means the central bank intervention of the past 10 years is a COMPLETE FAILURE

Because they prevented a deflationary collapse of the banking system?

The economy is doing great...why does the OP want to appear so stupid.....TDS I guess....

I love it, these stupid fks think that things will always go up. No things go up forever, there is a ceiling for some time as things work. stop illegal entry into our country and see the difference. you bunch of stupid anti american fks.

Last edited:

And they do.

I LOVE IT.

I find it interesting that for March and April you cited the household survey and disparaged the establishment survey, but for June, you’re accepting the +75,000 increase from the establishment survey and you don’t mention the +113,000 from the household survey. (Not statistically significant )

Forum List

Back