Obama Cockblocks the Pipeline... Canadia says... CHINA!...

Nice work, Mr President. :thup:

:)

peace...
TransCanada Corp will refile a revised route that avoids the environmentally sensetive area in Nebraske that caused all the delays, and that will be approved, so the jobs will be created just a bit later than they would have

TransCanada says the project will create 20,000 jobs, and the many other esitimates by industry folks say somewhere between 6000-20,000.

You can't just discount the claims of the environmentalists without even looking at them. What they're trying to prevent, is the possible tainting of the Ogallala aquifer, which could affect the drinking water in a 174.000 square mile area, in SD, NB, WY, CO, KS, OK, NM, and TX. It's not like they're hugging some redwood tree.

What happened here is the GOP forced a deadline that they knew could not be met, so they could use it to accuse Obama of hating new jobs, for electioneering purposes. At least that's why the GOP and Rush/Fox are presenting it that way.

And I'm not a liberal and I didn't vote for Obama

Canada this month began hearings on a proposed pipeline by Enbridge Inc. to move crude from Alberta's oil sands to British Columbia's coast, where it could be shipped to Asian markets.

Read more: Obama's Keystone Denial Prompts Canada to Look to China Sales

And why does the pipeline have to go all the way to the gulf of mexico if they were not already planning on exporting it from the USA?

Which would make the US oil industry's import/export balance look much better on paper even though we would be exporting imported oil?
Also China getting cheaper oil would help us as well with cheaper imported products?

Interesting how Global economics actually works?

Last edited:
why scamble after the dregs of a dying industry when we can pave the path to the future with new safer industries that provide better alternatives?

Becsuse then bohner wont make as much money?

Dregs of a dying industry??

Where to you get this bs from??

When did wind a solar become viable??

So you think solar is NOT viable?

why do you think that?

Why is Al Gore making sky-high cash off cap and trade that he bribed politicians to put in place great, and Boehner trying to do the same on a MUCH smaller scale, and failing the worst thing in the world?

I know I won't get a straight answer, I just want to see our beloved board jester call others partisan again.

:banana:

Mideast Solar Projects Can Compete With Gas, Industry Group Says - Bloomberg

Solar will be soon overtaking gas and when the oil industry gets more and more exspensive ( because they have to do things like extract tar sands oil which is more expensive and dangerous) Solar will be cheaper.

THE SMART thing to do is to get a jump on an industry that is GROWING and not cling to the one that is dying.

Its the SMART thing not the PROFIT TODAY motive. The right cant see anything profit of the moment.

Its why your party will fail

Last edited:
Dumbest decision ever. Canada's not stupid but our president is. O will funnel 500 million into a failed solar company that is bankrupt but will not allow REAL job growth to happen.

Keystone would have likely caused more job losses than it would have created. But then again, we've already discussed this before, I'm sure. And you want to simply ignore it because you're more obsessed with bitching about Obama for any reason whatsoever, even stupid reasons, to be concerned with the greater good of the country.

why scamble after the dregs of a dying industry when we can pave the path to the future with new safer industries that provide better alternatives?

why do you think that?

does the dude in the wh travel on solar power? or does he use gas oh line?

HEY! Whatever happened to Palin's natural gas pipeline from Alaska to the lower 48?

God told her to build it but she quit?

Dumbest decision ever. Canada's not stupid but our president is. O will funnel 500 million into a failed solar company that is bankrupt but will not allow REAL job growth to happen.

Keystone would have likely caused more job losses than it would have created. But then again, we've already discussed this before, I'm sure. And you want to simply ignore it because you're more obsessed with bitching about Obama for any reason whatsoever, even stupid reasons, to be concerned with the greater good of the country.

wtf? and you know this how? CRYSTAL BALL
so what the Great one Obama did was for the greater good of the country?
my gawd, should we all bow now or later?

why do you think that?

see you just cant compute what is better fro this country in the future.

All you can see is the mommentary profit

yeah...I recall reading that as soon as people started to hear about the coming invention of the automobile, they all shot their horses dead.....and waited for the automoble idea come to fruition.

To use the old while working on perfecting the new is rediculous....isnt it TM.

wtf? and you know this how? CRYSTAL BALL
so what the Great one Obama did was for the greater good of the country?
my gawd, should we all bow now or later?

what?

You havent been bowing all along?

What are you? Some kind of racist?

yeah...I recall reading that as soon as people started to hear about the coming invention of the automobile, they all shot their horses dead.....and waited for the automoble idea come to fruition.

why do you do this?

The pipeline would have been a disaster for the nation ecological wise.

You see the shit they send throught this pipe is full of grit that would constantly be sanding down the inside of the pipe.

It was a disator waiting to happen and would have traveled over huge areas with underground water tables that would have been contaminated by spill after spill.

The people who run these companies have already prove they dont care as much about safety as profit.

Why do you pretend NOTHING matters but short term corporate profit?

Its not a dying industry. Reserves are continually being discovered around the world as our technologies grow. Our extraction processes are being upgraded faster than any time in history. Not to mention that crude is crucial and vital to almost all of the products that we use AND our research and development is heavily dependent on the byproducts of crude.

why do you do this?

You see the shit they send throught this pipe is eull of grit that woudl canstantly be sanding down the inside of the pipe.

It was a disator waiting to happen and would have traveled over huge areas with underground water tables that would have been contaminated by spill after spill.

The people who run these companies have already prove they dont care as much about safety as profit.

Short term coporate profit?
There you go again...all about money....you greedy selfish jealous phony.

I simply want to stop sending money to countries that hate us.

Short term corporate profit?

TM....there is more to life than money....and who is and who is not making it;

It is a dyont industry.

It is dirty and inefficient.

Pretend away.

The smart countries will move away from it

why do you think that?

I live in Florida.

If solar were viable and affordable every home in this State would be using solar energy.

First off, it is not a dying industry with 'dregs' Ever hear of ANWAR?

Second off, a country that cuts off reliable fuel and goes straight to 'other alternatives', is a country that will die quickly.

Why do you hate America??

why do you do this?

You see the shit they send throught this pipe is eull of grit that woudl canstantly be sanding down the inside of the pipe.

Short term coporate profit?
There you go again...all about money....you greedy selfish jealous phony.

I simply want to stop sending money to countries that hate us.

Short term corporate profit?

TM....there is more to life than money....and who is and who is not making it;

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Then ungrip the cock of the oil industry long enough to join the people who dont want profit to be the main human endevor.

Forum List

Back