Obama Cockblocks the Pipeline... Canadia says... CHINA!...

well ok. lets cut off our nose to spite our face while we wait for the future of new safer industries that provide better alternatives..

and WTF does Boehner have to do with this.....this is for the American PEOPLE..
and this is all on the Obama..HIS DECISION, he said so
remember that come elections folks

No, this is short-term for about 20,000 people and more about Boehner scratching the backs of big oil. I will definitely remember this come election time as I vote for Obama.

you do that.
and don't ya love that spooky name they give to our number source of energy?
BIG OIL. oooooooooooooooooo :eek:

I find it extremely ironic that it's the environmental kooks stuck on their single issue that have the hardest time seeing the forest for the trees.

well ok. lets cut off our nose to spite our face while we wait for the future of new safer industries that provide better alternatives..

and WTF does Boehner have to do with this.....this is for the American PEOPLE..
and this is all on the Obama..HIS DECISION, he said so
remember that come elections folks

No, this is short-term for about 20,000 people and more about Boehner scratching the backs of big oil. I will definitely remember this come election time as I vote for Obama.

you do that.

Sorry. It's just that big oil companies who rape and pillage our environment while CEOs line their own pockets with billions of dollars and don't give a flying fuck about anyone else while they send off troops to fight wars for them is too long to say sometimes.

you do that.

Sorry. It's just that big oil companies who rape and pillage our environment while CEOs line their own pockets with billions of dollars and don't give a flying fuck about anyone else while they send off troops to fight wars for them is too long to say sometimes.

Rape and Pillage our environment?

Really? What laws are they breaking? My guess is you should be upset with the EPA.

Oil companies send our troops to fight wars? Funny...I though Congress did that.

Dont give a flying fuck about anyone else? I guess evcery retailer in the country should be labelled that way. I mean...how insensitive that they make a profit selling shoes and winter coats to children.

you do that.

LOL, now you can take a breath.

you do that.

And it's crazies from California that have no idea how government runs. What it takes to provide jobs and that the rest of the country isn't as liberal as they are...........well.......... except for Illinois and DC. :lol:

Ya'll just keep raping the taxpayer to get what you want, I'm just sad you can't see the forest for the trees.........too many, too thick, even the sun can't get in to make the understory plants grow.

you do that.

Could you be more disconnected from reality?

you do that.

Really? What laws are they breaking? My guess is you should be upset with the EPA.Oil companies send our troops to fight wars? Funny...I though Congress did that.

Dont give a flying fuck about anyone else? I guess evcery retailer in the country should be labelled that way. I mean...how insensitive that they make a profit selling shoes and winter coats to children.

Or at the very least, the NIMBY Republican Governor of Nebraska Dave Heineman for throwing cold water on the project to begin with.

Of course oil companies don't send troops to fight wars but the politicians oil companies bribe in any way they can certainly do.

Aww, children..... LOL Puppies and kitties too?

you do that.

jaysus can't you sad sacks get some new writers? this same old dog and pony show is getting boring.

you do that.

Could you be more disconnected from reality?

come on, you gotta love the rape and pillage for dramatic effect?:eusa_eh:

you do that.

And it's crazies from California that have no idea how government runs. What it takes to provide jobs and that the rest of the country isn't as liberal as they are...........well.......... except for Illinois and DC. :lol:

Ya'll just keep raping the taxpayer to get what you want, I'm just sad you can't see the forest for the trees.........too many, too thick, even the sun can't get in to make the understory plants grow.

Nobody drives furthur to do less than the crazies in California. the waste out there is beyond anyone's imagination.

The kenyan had no choice. His master Soros told him to deny it because that would have drove down his profits from all the money he invested in Brazilian offshore oil, and if the kenyan wants Soros money to help with his campaign again, he'll do what Soros says. Fuck America and it's people and the economy. We're irrelevant, not to mention Soros and the kenyan have teamed up to ruin America...

obama-soros-uganda.jpg

Really? What laws are they breaking? My guess is you should be upset with the EPA.Oil companies send our troops to fight wars? Funny...I though Congress did that.

Or at the very least, the NIMBY Republican Governor of Nebraska Dave Heineman for throwing cold water on the project to begin with.

Of course oil companies don't send troops to fight wars but the politicians oil companies bribe in any way they can certainly do.

Let the rubber meet the road dude. Do you believe obummer should let Iran close the straits of hormuz or should he prevent it? Yes or NO.

and ponies....dandylions....sunsets....and sex on the beach.

Who do you hold responsible...

the one who bribes...or the one who accepts it?

If congress doesnt accept the bribe, it is like the bribe never exists..

So your beef is with congress....not the oil companies.

why scamble after the dregs of a dying industry when we can pave the path to the future with new safer industries that provide better alternatives?

Becsuse then bohner wont make as much money?

Because it isn't a dieing industry. This is case where you really need to see the truth. The reality of oil is this; it is the most efficient and inexpensive source of energy currently available to the most people and we are finding more and more of it all the time. That hardly constitutes a dieing indsutry. There is no currently better alternative. If there was the free market would have brought it to market already. What you mean by better is really only one variable; cleaner. That's it. Unfortunately there are far more variables that go into what constitutes a 'good' energy source (i.e. whether it's profitable for anyone to produce, whether it's affordable, it's utility (how much energy you get out of it). The reality is your environmentally friendly option fail on most of those fronts.

Alternatives are in developmental stages. As long as we keep putting "band-aid", short-term solutions on the table, we Americans become too complacent and the real root of the problem won't get fixed. We should have taken the opportunity after the energy crisis of the 70s to develop alternative fuels and get off oil completely but we didn't. Yes, oil is a dying industry. We don't need to keep pumping money into it. We need to divert our resources towards a long term, cleaner solution.

Again you illustrate my pointy perfectly. All you idiot environmentalists care about is cleaner. That's the only variable that determines whether an energy source is 'good' in your eyes. That is not reality. Reality is America and the world needs energy. Since it is something we truly do need as oppose to want than the variables that best fill the need component are going to be the most essential. We NEED our energy source to be affordable so it is available for low income earners as well. It needs to be reliable. People are dependent on energy to heat their homes. A problem I know you Californians in fantasy land don't understand a lot of the rest of the country has to deal with. It's 10 below here now. No one could afford for the wind to stop blowing. Our energy source needs to be energy efficient. Some energy is always lost when potential energy is converted to usable energy (which you should remember from high school physics). The goal is to mimimize how much energy is lost and reduce the input relative to output. And stop kidding yourself into thinking there aren't trade offs in more environmentally friendly energy sources. If you wind to replace coal, you're going to trade mariginally cleaner air for more a loss of physical acerage as it will take more land in windmills to create the same amount of power. And of course there's the jobs. I wish you libs would grow a pair and admit that you care more about the envirnoment than you do anyone's standard of living. Because if you insist the government should force us off of fossil fuels MILLIONS of jobs will be lost.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Good for the President. Now let see how long before he caves.......again.

So, the NRDC has opened a volatile can of wiggling hydrocarbons. Bitumen is an extreme and difficult product that puts more wear and tear on crude infrastructure. The NRDC has asked a good question about pipeline safety based on good industry data.

Although the ERBC doesn't want to answer the question about bitumen's corrosive properties, new safety regulations are probably in order.

Despite what sheepish regulators might say, petroleum engineers recognize that bitumen is one nasty feedstock and hell on wheels for refineries as well as upgraders. (Pipeline transportation of DilBit is also two times more GHG intensive than shipping fully upgraded synthetic crude.)

Last but not least, diluting bitumen with foreign oil has now created a massive headache for free trade that no one really wants to talk about.

The Tyee – Alberta Fills Pipes with Corrosive Denial

Forum List

Back