Obama Cockblocks the Pipeline... Canadia says... CHINA!...

why scamble after the dregs of a dying industry when we can pave the path to the future with new safer industries that provide better alternatives?

Becsuse then bohner wont make as much money?

Why dont you throw away your flat screen 2D TV today..

For 2D television is a dying industry...within 10 years all will be watching 3D TV's...

So go ahead...toss out your TV now...

While you are at it....turn off your lights...for the oil industry is a dying industry....so turn them off now....why continue to use something from a dying industry.....

Oh wait...I see....it will be inconvenient for you to stop using that stuff now.....you dont want to be inconvenienced....

I understand.

Truthmatters reminds me of stupid people who call computer tech support because their power went out.

Actual dialogue of a former WordPerfect Customer Support employee with a caller:

Customer Support: "Ridge Hall computer assistant; may I help you?"

Caller: "Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect."

CS: "What sort of trouble?"

C: "Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away."

CS: "Went away?"

C: "They disappeared."

CS: "Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?"

C: "Nothing."

CS: "Nothing?"

C: "It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type."

CS: "Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?"

C: "How do I tell?"

CS: "Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?"

C: "What's a sea-prompt?"

CS: "Never mind. Can you move the cursor around on the screen?"

C: "There isn't any cursor, I told you, it won't accept anything I type."

CS: "Does your monitor have a power indicator?"

C: "What's a monitor?"

CS: "It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on?"

C: "I don't know."

CS: "Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?"

C: "Yes, I think so."

CS: "Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall."

C: ".......Yes, it is."

CS: "When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?"

C: "No."

CS: "Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable."

C: ".......Okay, here it is."

CS: "Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your computer."

"I can't reach."

CS: "Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?"

C: "No."

CS: "Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?"

C: "Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle - it's because it's dark."

CS: "Dark?"

C: "Yes - the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window."

CS: "Well, turn on the office light then."

C: "I can't."

CS: "No? Why not?"

C: "Because there's a power outage."

CS: "A power... A power outage? Ah, Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?"

C: "Well, yes, I keep them in the closet."

CS: "Good. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from."

C: "Really? Is it that bad?"

CS: "Yes, I'm afraid it is."

C: "Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?"

CS: "Tell them you're too stupid to own a computer."

I'll be the first to admit that I care more about the environment than I do your standard of living.

Because if your standard of living is ruining the environment, then the environment in turn is ruining everyone else's standard of living. They kind of go hand in hand, see?

Yeah that argument doesn't really hold up for a couple reasons. While theoretically that may be true in some extreme case where somehow you could detrimentally effect everyone else's standard without effecting your own that is extremely unlikely. Secondly there's a basic rule of freedom that says yours stops where mine begins. That is people have the freedom to do whatever they want so long as it doesn't effect anyone elses ability to do the same. So where the environment is concerned that isn't a realistic argument.

Yes, I know....there is no way we could build enough turbines and solar panels to fuel our energy demands today. But what we can build will certainly help. Besides, there are lots of other alternative energy sources being tested and developed today.
Algae-based ethanol. Wave energy. Biodiesel. Geothermal. New battery technology. Cold fusion.

Yes there are all kinds of interesting alternative sources. But this is what I meant about you not caring about people's standard of living. If you want to switch to these fuels it is going to lower everyone's standard of living. Because they a) cost more and b) aren't as energy efficient. it's really more of a pick your poison. How would your prefer people suffer? Due to a poor environment or due to just plain being poor? Until one of these alternatives is viable in other areas such as reliability and affordability those are your likely outcomes.

People seem to think if we destroy the Earth's atmosphere, we have another planet to move to and start all over again. Conservatives are so stuck in the "we've been using it for years so it must still be good" mindset and refuse to think outside the box. We need to get away from the filthy, polluting coal and oil of yesteryear and look ahead to the future and not just a few years into the future, we need to think long term.

This part is just plain ridiculous. I don't know a single conservative that thinks that. Even coal and oil have are far cleaner than they were 50 years ago. The shagrin towards oil and coal by the environmentalists is dispraportionate to it's real threat to the environment. You claim it's the right that doesn't want to look ahead and is close minded about this. I say it's you environmental kooks. Do we really have to stop using coal and oil. Why can't we put research into making it cleaner. More efficient. Why can't we put research into how we can remove excess CO2 from the atmosphere. Why don't we research things like that so we continue to use the resources we have that are cheap and reliable?

I was reading a article earlier where this environmental group wants you to send your thanks to the Obama for blocking this..

They or the Obama don't give two shits about our country or you people..

get it yet?
Yeah.....let's BLOW some $eriou$ federal-$ub$idie$....to provide an energy-source, China most-likely...

Ya' can't blame Big Oil for trying to run one-MORE short-term cash-infusion SCAM!!

It's WHAT THEY DO!!!

eusa_doh.gif

Good Thinkin', There, Stephanie

Last edited:
Canadian company resubmits application for Keystone pipeline permit

5/4/12 By Tom Cohen, CNN

Washington (CNN) -- A Canadian company has reapplied for a permit to build the Keystone XL pipeline that would connect the tar sands oil development in northern Alberta to the U.S. Gulf Coast, the State Department announced Friday.

TransCanada Corp. wants a permit for a section of the pipeline that would run from the Canadian border to connect to an existing pipeline in Steele City, Nebraska, according to a State Department statement.

The issue has become a political football in the United States, with Republicans accusing the Obama administration of delaying the project in an election year to placate the environmental lobby.

Top Republicans, including presumptive presidential nominee Mitt Romney, say the issue shows that Obama's energy policies are harming economic growth.

The administration says Republicans are trying to force approval of the pipeline project before necessary review has been completed.

Earlier this year, the State Department, which has authority over permits for international pipelines, rejected TransCanada's first application because it lacked an alternate route to avoid a vital aquifer in Nebraska.

Last month, TransCanada proposed an alternate route through Nebraska, and state officials say it will take six to nine months to fully review it.

In its statement Friday, the State Department said it was "committed to conducting a rigorous, transparent and thorough review."

"We will begin by hiring an independent third-party contractor to assist the department, including reviewing the existing Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) from the prior Keystone XL pipeline review process, as well as identifying and assisting with new analysis," the State Department's statement said.

It said that previous estimates for a final decision on the 1,700-mile pipeline -- intended to carry between 500,000 and 700,000 barrels of crude oil a day -- targeted the first quarter of 2013.

Once TransCanada submits that final proposal to his department, it should take 30 to 60 days for the review to be completed and a draft supplemental impact statement prepared, Linder said.

Canadian company resubmits application for Keystone pipeline permit - CNN.com

We need the pipeline it will make Canada's tar sand oil more valuable so they can sell it to us for more money.

Bad decision.
While Canada is looking for sales, they would have provided a better price than the others, which means lower gas prices. When people pay less, that means they have more money to use, which means that extra money can go into the economy, which means more jobs.

If they want to make a solar plant, Have NASA build a cheap and effective process on making them and then make use of that to make solar panels. It makes jobs all 3 ways. It's a win/win/win

Bad decision.
While Canada is looking for sales, they would have provided a better price than the others, which means lower gas prices. When people pay less, that means they have more money to use, which means that extra money can go into the economy, which means more jobs.

If they want to make a solar plant, Have NASA build a cheap and effective process on making them and then make use of that to make solar panels. It makes jobs all 3 ways. It's a win/win/win

This bitumen, natural asphalt, is destine for US refineriers and then for export. It is not intended to reduce the gasoline prices for US consumers.

Canadian company resubmits application for Keystone pipeline permit

5/4/12 By Tom Cohen, CNN

Washington (CNN) -- A Canadian company has reapplied for a permit to build the Keystone XL pipeline that would connect the tar sands oil development in northern Alberta to the U.S. Gulf Coast, the State Department announced Friday.

TransCanada Corp. wants a permit for a section of the pipeline that would run from the Canadian border to connect to an existing pipeline in Steele City, Nebraska, according to a State Department statement.

The issue has become a political football in the United States, with Republicans accusing the Obama administration of delaying the project in an election year to placate the environmental lobby.

Top Republicans, including presumptive presidential nominee Mitt Romney, say the issue shows that Obama's energy policies are harming economic growth.

The administration says Republicans are trying to force approval of the pipeline project before necessary review has been completed.

Earlier this year, the State Department, which has authority over permits for international pipelines, rejected TransCanada's first application because it lacked an alternate route to avoid a vital aquifer in Nebraska.

Last month, TransCanada proposed an alternate route through Nebraska, and state officials say it will take six to nine months to fully review it.

In its statement Friday, the State Department said it was "committed to conducting a rigorous, transparent and thorough review."

"We will begin by hiring an independent third-party contractor to assist the department, including reviewing the existing Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) from the prior Keystone XL pipeline review process, as well as identifying and assisting with new analysis," the State Department's statement said.

It said that previous estimates for a final decision on the 1,700-mile pipeline -- intended to carry between 500,000 and 700,000 barrels of crude oil a day -- targeted the first quarter of 2013.

Once TransCanada submits that final proposal to his department, it should take 30 to 60 days for the review to be completed and a draft supplemental impact statement prepared, Linder said.

Canadian company resubmits application for Keystone pipeline permit - CNN.com

Papa Obama may try to create the illusion before the election
that he is somehow "pro" pipeline. Of course, only to pull back
if he wins election

Bad decision.

This bitumen, natural asphalt, is destine for US refineriers and then for export. It is not intended to reduce the gasoline prices for US consumers.

Then it's $$$ and jobs straight into our economy.

Forum List

Back