FIRST ON CNN: Perry to drop out Thursday

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
CNN ^ | January 19,2012 | Peter Hamby

FIRST ON CNN: Sources: Perry dropping out of GOP race – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Charleston, South Carolina (CNN) - Rick Perry is telling supporters that he will drop his bid for the Republican presidential nomination on Thursday, two sources familiar with the plans told CNN.

(Excerpt) Read more at politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com ...

Lets see who he endorses! If it is newt then newt will take south Carolina!

Bummer... Perry was the only one I would have voted "for." Now I'm left voting "anyone but the kenyan."

FIRST ON CNN: Sources: Perry dropping out of GOP race – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Charleston, South Carolina (CNN) - Rick Perry is telling supporters that he will drop his bid for the Republican presidential nomination on Thursday, two sources familiar with the plans told CNN.

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3988-gv092411dapr20110926034527.jpg

Nice of him to finally start listening to Newt.....

AWESOME!!!!!!

Its going to be a comedians dream if Newt wins the ticket.

James Richard "Dick" Perry is a company man, I don't see him endorsing anyone else but Romney.

Last edited:
Ok, for those excited about stopping Romney, today was a good day. First the news out of Iowa that Santorum won there, and now Perry dropping out.

Unfortunately, it looks like Perry is backing the wrong guy. Regardless, all that remains now is for Newt and Santorum to come to some sort of agreement. Whether they will do so in time is the real question.

And now for the million dollar question: What the hell happened to Perry?

I'm not a Republican by any stretch of the word, but even to me Perry looked like the ideal candidate. He had money, organization, appealed to Social Cons, business, and had a pretty solid track record on State's Rights that should have won over the Tea Party vote. Yes, he had a few gaffes, but nothing near as bad as Romney's "I like to fire people" or Paul's stances on Iran. His personal history is fairly clean, unlike Newt, and he's more active in his church than Santorum who somehow out Social Con'ed him. His illegal immigration stance is realistic, his state has prospered fiscally... he should have been a shoe in.

This guy should have been the nominee. He should have beat Obama in November. Now he's out of the running less than three states into the game. What the hell?

AWESOME!!!!!!

Its going to be a comedians dream if Newt wins the ticket.

Only fair. The average Joe has turned into a comedian over Obama. Obama jokes can outweigh anything Letterman can hand out. :razz:

they don't hold a candle to the joke that was baby bush.

btw, today's unemployment numbers are the best they've been since six months before the economy imploded.

oops...

And now for the million dollar question: What the hell happened to Perry?
This guy should have been the nominee. He should have beat Obama in November. Now he's out of the running less than three states into the game. What the hell?
He got exposed for the empty suit that he is.

Forum List

Back