Obama calls three Americans, commends 'extraordinary bravery'

pwjohn

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Buttlick Kentucky
Washington (AFP) - US President Barack Obama on Saturday called the three Americans who overpowered a gunman on a Paris-bound train and congratulated them on their "extraordinary bravery," the White House said.

Spencer Stone, Aleksander Skarlatos and Anthony Sadler tackled, disarmed and subdued the assailant Friday after he fired shots and burst into their railroad car with an assault rifle.

Obama calls three Americans, commends 'extraordinary bravery'

A phone call from the president acknowledging their bravery is a good start. Im sure there will be more to come. Like a Heros welcome home, when that day arrives.

A phone call from the president acknowledging their bravery is a good start. Im sure there will be more to come. Like a Heros welcome home, when that day arrives.

Esp now that the French have given them their highest honor

When was the last time you guys entertained a congratulatory phone call from a sitting president for stopping an Arab Muslim terrorist attack?
I'm guessing never and you never will.

Nonsense

nope fact

france-honor.jpg

dont count on it from this guy

this prezbo is just too self absorbed to be bothered with stuff like that

You ignore the topic of this thread. Why is that

Nonsense

nope fact

france-honor.jpg

You're claiming that the president did not make the call ?

Nonsense

nope fact

france-honor.jpg

of course he called him

which was nice

--LOL

Nonsense

nope fact

france-honor.jpg

of course he called him

which was nice

--LOL

That's mighty white of you to say that.

The French always like to give little one ups when it comes to honors. Every time I went to LaFayette's grave on the 4th of July, the flower arrangement from the French government is always just a little bit larger than the one from the US embassy.

Every year. That can't be a coincidence.

The French always like to give little one ups when it comes to honors. Every time I went to LaFayette's grave on the 4th of July, the flower arrangement from the French government is always just a little bit larger than the one from the US embassy.

French Hero gets a bigger display from the French than Americans....

(Must be a conspiracy to make Americans look bad)

He's a hero of the American Revolution moreso than of France.

and a French citizen,

Lafayette was a key figure in the French Revolution of 1789 and the July Revolution of 1830.

Seems he kept busy after he assisted us.

and a French citizen,

Lafayette was a key figure in the French Revolution of 1789 and the July Revolution of 1830.

Seems he kept busy after he assisted us.

I think we can all agree the man was a total bad ass. I lay my own flowers at his grave every time I'm in Paris on the 4th. He earned it.

Forum List

Back