Obama Blocks The Biggest Shovel-Ready Project Ever

Politician

Rookie
Dec 10, 2011
Hello, this is my first thread and I thought I would post one with a subject of great importance that has the possibility of affecting many Americans. I want your thoughts on this subject. It regards the Keystone Pipeline from Canada to the U.S. that will create instant jobs for many Americans looking for work. The president has threatened to veto the payroll tax cut extention if any attempt is made to link the pipeline to the bill. In my view any Pipeline = Jobs + Energy and in reality, a win, win deal. Do any of you think otherwise?

President Obama Would Rather Extend Jobless Benefits Than Create Real Jobs - Investors.com

Jobs: The president says that extending unemployment benefits and the payroll tax cut will create more jobs than an oil pipeline from Canada. There are at least 20,000 members of the 99% who would disagree.

Any attempt to link the pipeline to a payroll tax cut extension will be vetoed, Obama said Wednesday as he stood next to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

President Obama has dropped any pretense that delaying the pipeline that would bring Canadian tar-sands oil to American refineries is really related to environmental safety concerns.

He knows it would create jobs, at least 20,000 directly and many more indirectly thanks to the multiplier effect he dismisses now but touted when he still believed in "shovel-ready" jobs that needed federal funding.

"However many jobs might be generated by a Keystone pipeline," he said, "they're going to be a lot fewer than the jobs that are created by extending the payroll tax cut and extending unemployment insurance."

Last edited:
Hello, this is my first thread and I thought I would post one with a subject of great importance that has the possibility of affecting many Americans. I want your thoughts on this subject. It regards the Keystone Pipeline from Canada to the U.S. that will create instant jobs for many Americans looking for work. The president has threatened to veto the payroll tax cut extention if any attempt is made to link the pipeline to the bill. In my view any Pipeline = Jobs + Energy and in reality, a win, win deal. Do any of you think otherwise?

President Obama Would Rather Extend Jobless Benefits Than Create Real Jobs - Investors.com

Jobs: The president says that extending unemployment benefits and the payroll tax cut will create more jobs than an oil pipeline from Canada. There are at least 20,000 members of the 99% who would disagree.

Any attempt to link the pipeline to a payroll tax cut extension will be vetoed, Obama said Wednesday as he stood next to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

President Obama has dropped any pretense that delaying the pipeline that would bring Canadian tar-sands oil to American refineries is really related to environmental safety concerns.

He knows it would create jobs, at least 20,000 directly and many more indirectly thanks to the multiplier effect he dismisses now but touted when he still believed in "shovel-ready" jobs that needed federal funding.

"However many jobs might be generated by a Keystone pipeline," he said, "they're going to be a lot fewer than the jobs that are created by extending the payroll tax cut and extending unemployment insurance."

And, it looks as though Obama may be losing his own support in the Senate over this. Will he veto it when it passes? I don't think he has the ba**s.

You make a very valid point. This pipeline would create an awful lot of those 'Shovel-Ready' Jobs. Personally i think his resistance is all for show. This President is completely Corporate-Owned. He's likely going to pretend to placate his far Left base initially but then eventually go along with this pipeline. It is going to happen. Bank on it.

• Banned

And, it looks as though Obama may be losing his own support in the Senate over this. Will he veto it when it passes? I don't think he has the ba**s.
Mr Obama is in a serious catch 22 with this bill.

Don't believe the hype on this one. This President is just doing what he always does,which is to say one thing but do another. He will pretend to oppose this for a bit but eventually he will agree to it. He'll agree to it and then probably blame DA BOOOOOOOSH. Standard-operating-procedure for this President.

It wasn't quite 3 years ago that Obama approved another Canada to U.S. pipeline - the Alberta Clipper. The State Department crowed about the jobs it would create. Hillary Clinton was on board, praising its construction.

This all makes no sense. The guy's an idiot.

His followers are the biggest dupes in history. He will screw his Left Wing kooks over on this one. He knows they're ignorant loons just as much as the rest of the country knows that. This pipeline is going to happen. Just check out the movie 'The Obama Deception.' It's very interesting and enlightening.

Don't believe the hype on this one. This President is just doing what he always does,which is to say one thing but do another. He will pretend to oppose this for a bit but eventually he will agree to it. He'll agree to it and then probably blame DA BOOOOOOOSH. Standard-operating-procedure for this President.

Or the ATM's...

Obama is one big lie after another. Obama is a Muslim-loving Marxist. Obama must go.

His followers are the biggest dupes in history. He will screw his Left Wing kooks over on this one. He knows they're ignorant loons just as much as the rest of the country knows that. This pipeline is going to happen. Just check out the movie 'The Obama Deception.' It's very interesting and enlightening.

IIt isn't like when he screwed his own party at midterms when Pelosi insisted her Congress sheeple "scarifice" for the Health Care Act. He will run over his very own base. Has done it before.

What's a "shovel ready" job?
Sounds like something an uneducated fuck - like Truthmatters - would be all over.
Beats Supersizing Number 3's.....

Obama's a fraud. He's completely Corporate-Owned. He's just duping all his Left Wing nutter followers again. He'll go along with this pipeline eventually. Now he'll probably blame DA BOOOOOSH but he will go along with it. You can bet the farm on that.

The biggest shovel ready project ever undertaken was the 2008 media public relations campaign to convince Americans that Obama was a God.

Maybe 50 million shovels went into that effort.

I've heard Rush bluster about 200K jobs. Whatta joke!

So what if the figure being bantied about was 100k jobs? You going to sneeze at that too?

It's not just about "jobs".

Here is a statement from the U.S. Department of State regarding the approval of the Alberta Clipper pipeline from Canada to the U.S. This project was approved by Obama less that 3 years ago:

The Department found that the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer. Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply.
Approval of the permit sends a positive economic signal, in a difficult economic period, about the future reliability and availability of a portion of United States’ energy imports, and in the immediate term, this shovel-ready project will provide construction jobs for workers in the United States.

This pipeline will happen. He's only playing politics with this. He will agree to it in the end. It's just like him pretending to hate the Banks despite receiving five times more money from Corporate Banks than McCain did in the last election. He knows his followers are easily duped. He'll pretend to oppose this for awhile but in the end he will support it. Wait and see.

Forum List

Back