Obama Blocks The Biggest Shovel-Ready Project Ever

Hello, this is my first thread and I thought I would post one with a subject of great importance that has the possibility of affecting many Americans. I want your thoughts on this subject. It regards the Keystone Pipeline from Canada to the U.S. that will create instant jobs for many Americans looking for work. The president has threatened to veto the payroll tax cut extention if any attempt is made to link the pipeline to the bill. In my view any Pipeline = Jobs + Energy and in reality, a win, win deal. Do any of you think otherwise?

President Obama Would Rather Extend Jobless Benefits Than Create Real Jobs - Investors.com

Jobs: The president says that extending unemployment benefits and the payroll tax cut will create more jobs than an oil pipeline from Canada. There are at least 20,000 members of the 99% who would disagree.

Any attempt to link the pipeline to a payroll tax cut extension will be vetoed, Obama said Wednesday as he stood next to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

President Obama has dropped any pretense that delaying the pipeline that would bring Canadian tar-sands oil to American refineries is really related to environmental safety concerns.

He knows it would create jobs, at least 20,000 directly and many more indirectly thanks to the multiplier effect he dismisses now but touted when he still believed in "shovel-ready" jobs that needed federal funding.

"However many jobs might be generated by a Keystone pipeline," he said, "they're going to be a lot fewer than the jobs that are created by extending the payroll tax cut and extending unemployment insurance."

Obama shut it down for the sole reason to win him votes from the people that truly want all of us enslaved to the government.
The far left fear mongers.

they wanted no jobs, for the children. :eusa_silenced:

My prediction is that this President will support this pipeline in the end. Book it and remember i told you so.

You make a very valid point. This pipeline would create an awful lot of those 'Shovel-Ready' Jobs. Personally i think his resistance is all for show. This President is completely Corporate-Owned. He's likely going to pretend to placate his far Left base initially but then eventually go along with this pipeline. It is going to happen. Bank on it.

Actually, i dont think its for show at all. He is beholded to environmentalist wackos more than corporations if that's possible.

This pipeline has been vetted for three years and it ready to go. Does anyone seriously think the Canadians are gonna sit around till 2013 to build it?? They will head West and sell the oil to the Chinese. Obamas an idiot.

The House made a smart move in attaching the pipeline to that bill. Doubt seriously that Barry boy will veto it. Kinda tough to veto jobs and still think your gonna get a second term..

The environmentalist will be sucking hind tit on this deal.

You make a very valid point. This pipeline would create an awful lot of those 'Shovel-Ready' Jobs. Personally i think his resistance is all for show. This President is completely Corporate-Owned. He's likely going to pretend to placate his far Left base initially but then eventually go along with this pipeline. It is going to happen. Bank on it.

Actually, i dont think its for show at all. He is beholded to environmentalist wackos more than corporations if that's possible.

No,he's far more beholden to Corporations,especially big Banks. Corporate Banks gave him much more money than they gave McCain in the last Election. He'll pretend to oppose this for awhile to dupe his hard Left followers,but eventually he will agree and it will get done.

Last edited:
I think it's a given that it will happen. I've heard Recruiting advertisements on our local Radio Stations for the project. Haliburton is the company advertising.

If GE was involved with this pipeline,you can bet Obama would have built it lickety split. His cronies must not be in on it.

20,000 is the way high industry estimate, dittoheads....the new path deserves more study....don't have a heart attack lol.

they've already studied it for 3 years monkey ass.

His cronies will have to be cut in on it for him to support it. Look for a deal that gives some of his cronies a piece of the pie. Maybe Immelt and GE. But this thing will be built. Bet on that.

Hello, this is my first thread and I thought I would post one with a subject of great importance that has the possibility of affecting many Americans. I want your thoughts on this subject. It regards the Keystone Pipeline from Canada to the U.S. that will create instant jobs for many Americans looking for work. The president has threatened to veto the payroll tax cut extention if any attempt is made to link the pipeline to the bill. In my view any Pipeline = Jobs + Energy and in reality, a win, win deal. Do any of you think otherwise?

President Obama Would Rather Extend Jobless Benefits Than Create Real Jobs - Investors.com

Jobs: The president says that extending unemployment benefits and the payroll tax cut will create more jobs than an oil pipeline from Canada. There are at least 20,000 members of the 99% who would disagree.

Any attempt to link the pipeline to a payroll tax cut extension will be vetoed, Obama said Wednesday as he stood next to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

President Obama has dropped any pretense that delaying the pipeline that would bring Canadian tar-sands oil to American refineries is really related to environmental safety concerns.

He knows it would create jobs, at least 20,000 directly and many more indirectly thanks to the multiplier effect he dismisses now but touted when he still believed in "shovel-ready" jobs that needed federal funding.

"However many jobs might be generated by a Keystone pipeline," he said, "they're going to be a lot fewer than the jobs that are created by extending the payroll tax cut and extending unemployment insurance."

I find it very hard to believe he actually said that. seriously.

this man is just, :doubt: for gods sake.

this ranks up there, in fact beyond his 'car insurance' example ala Obamacare and the mandate.

Obama is appealing to Big Green on this one and Big Union is taking their marching orders to sit down. Either way, Obama, Big Green, and Big Union don't care about jobs or foreign energy independence.

this ranks up there, in fact beyond his 'car insurance' example ala Obamacare and the mandate.

This man is just plain crazy. He's blocking jobs, security and reality in general! After Axelrod's comment about the "monkey up the pole", you just wonder about the whole lot of them.

I just don't get him and the Democrat's stance on this. They're gonna hold off all these jobs over a Tax Cut? According to Democrats,Tax Cuts don't create jobs. So what are they really fighting for? This pipeline will create Thousands & Thousands of jobs. Their position really is very weak and incoherent. Here's the jobs,do they want em or not?

Yeah......whatta tragedy.

images_tp3-feature-three.jpeg

"Seemeth it a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures? and to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet?

And as for my flock, they eat that which ye have trodden with your feet; and they drink that which ye have fouled with your feet."

Let's hear it for those good, Christian/Republican/1%er....

......VULTURE$!!!!

The faster we can get the pipeline built, the faster we can get American money into foreign hands.

It should take all of two years or less to build. It's only a big pipe. Not "rocket science" (except to Republicans).

Then we will be left with 50 to 100 full time new jobs. It's called "maintenance". And this is how Republicans plan on rebuilding America. 50 jobs at a time. Talk about thinking "small".

Statement by the President | The White House

I know the suggestion right now is, is that somehow, well, this Keystone issue will create jobs. That's being determined by the State Department right now, and there is a process. But here's what I know: However many jobs might be generated by a Keystone pipeline, they're going to be a lot fewer than the jobs that are created by extending the payroll tax cut and extending unemployment insurance.

Get it done. And if not, maybe we'll have a white Christmas here in Washington. And I look forward to spending a lot of time with you guys -- (laughter) -- between now and the New Year.

All right. Thank you, guys.

END
12:00 P.M. EST

Forum List

Back