Obama/Biden or Romney/Ryan: Who would best protect women's rights?

Are we still discussing how:

Under Obama some women would have the illusion of "rights" that they really don't have that they can dream about while sleeping under the park bench along with everyone else who is being screwed by Mr. Can'tDoEconomics.

or

Under Romney where they might have a chance at an economic future, some self determination, and will still have the same "rights" they have always had (just not necessarily the privilege of killing unborn children).

Still waiting to find out what rights women think are going to be lost when Romney becomes POTUS.

The president does not make laws. So he would not have any influence on the rights of women.

Bullshit. Among other powers, the president nominates Supreme Court justices.

Didn't work for Reagan, Bush 1 or Bush 2, so I ask again, what exactly is it that people on the left are afraid that Romney will do? Take away a woman's vote? Outlaw abortion? What?

r-REPUBLICAN-PLATFORM-ABORTION-huge.jpg

Todd Akin's Abortion Position Reflects GOP Platform

I hope you have yours handy, you know JUST IN CASE:lol:

Roe v Wade has been around for 50 years now. It's not going to change. Romney/Ryan have much more important issues on their minds versus birth control pills and what you do with your uterus.

In fact ROMNEY has stated that:

FactCheck.org : Twisting Romney’s Abortion Stance

Now--I really don't care what women do with their own bodies. I have no intention of paying for your face lift--your boob lift--your liposucktion--or your choice to have an abortion.

I understand the need for an abortion in the instance of rape, incest or the life of the mother--but when you make a choice to have an abortion--I figure it's because you did not make the CHOICE to use birth control contraceptives that prevent pregnancy--and I don't want to pay for your mistakes.

planned+parenthood.jpg

"If you don't have a record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

Just to be clear, what you're saying is your stance on murdering babies is: it's not OK to murder some babies but-----but murdering other babies is A-OK, did I get that right?
hmmm, that's so Romneyesque of you.

Republicans are a strange lot, they claim abortion is murder but-----but most of them add a caveat for rape.

Make up your collective mind Republicans -- is abortion murder or not? Is the Republican party giving up it's 'perceived' moral high ground by adding the caveat "except in the case of rape", just for political reasons?

Governor etch a sketch and the Republican party platform disagree -- WTF?

*I am aware that abortion is not illegal. Keyword in the title would be -If-.

I have never been able to comprehend the idea / opinion that some abortion is okay, and some is not.

If you believe that a fetus is living human with the right to live, then it is a living human no matter what, right? Regardless of whether the mother was raped or not - if you think abortion is murder, then isn't it murder in all circumstances?

If you do not believe that it is is a human being, and you think abortion is not murder if the mother is raped, then it's also not murder if the mother just chose not to use a condom / contraception. So if you think abortion should be legal for rape victims, then you have NO right to say it shouldn't be legal for someone who just failed to use contraception. You might not like the decision they made, you might not agree with it - but if it's acceptable in the first scenario, it's acceptable in ALL scenarios.

If it's murder, then it's always murder. If it isn't murder, then it's never murder. I can't understand the opinion of picking and choosing what an "acceptable" circumstance is. There is NO grey line.

Yes.... there are exceptions to every rule stupid. For instance, as much as I'd like to shoot you stupid liberals, it's illegal. However, if you come after me with a knife, I can legally shoot.

In both examples, I shoot you. One is legal though and one is not. Because every rule has exceptions for the proper conditions in which it makes sense to have exceptions. You really are a moron for needing this explained to you.

Still waiting to find out what rights women think are going to be lost when Romney becomes POTUS.

The president does not make laws. So he would not have any influence on the rights of women.

Bullshit. Among other powers, the president nominates Supreme Court justices.

"Bullshit"? Unbelievable. Lakhota denies the sky is blue and the sun is hot. The President of the United States DOES NOT MAKE THE LAWS. Period. End of story. It's amazing how liberals don't know this. What an ignorant bunch.

Furthermore, the Supreme Court DOES NOT MAKE THE LAWS either. Laws are introduced by Congress you liberal idiots. Learn how your own government work before commenting on it.

For instance, as much as I'd like to shoot you stupid liberals, it's illegal.

Wow, does your religion support such violent desires?

Actually, my religion says nothing about shooting anyone, because - well - guns didn't exist when the bible was written. Notice I didn't say kill anyone. I said shoot. There is a big difference. You can inflict substantial, but temporary, pain without killing someone.

Also, it was just an example to illustrate basic principles that the idiot liberal is apparently incapable of understanding.

That would depend on the woman and which rights you are referring to I'm sure the majority of Democrat women will say Obama/Biden the majority of Republican women will say Romney/Ryan despite what the left seems to think not every woman in the country is a Democrat.

Just to be clear, what you're saying is your stance on murdering babies is: it's not OK to murder some babies but-----but murdering other babies is A-OK, did I get that right?
hmmm, that's so Romneyesque of you.

Republicans are a strange lot, they claim abortion is murder but-----but most of them add a caveat for rape.

Make up your collective mind Republicans -- is abortion murder or not? Is the Republican party giving up it's 'perceived' moral high ground by adding the caveat "except in the case of rape", just for political reasons?

Governor etch a sketch and the Republican party platform disagree -- WTF?

*I am aware that abortion is not illegal. Keyword in the title would be -If-.

I have never been able to comprehend the idea / opinion that some abortion is okay, and some is not.

If you believe that a fetus is living human with the right to live, then it is a living human no matter what, right? Regardless of whether the mother was raped or not - if you think abortion is murder, then isn't it murder in all circumstances?

If you do not believe that it is is a human being, and you think abortion is not murder if the mother is raped, then it's also not murder if the mother just chose not to use a condom / contraception. So if you think abortion should be legal for rape victims, then you have NO right to say it shouldn't be legal for someone who just failed to use contraception. You might not like the decision they made, you might not agree with it - but if it's acceptable in the first scenario, it's acceptable in ALL scenarios.

If it's murder, then it's always murder. If it isn't murder, then it's never murder. I can't understand the opinion of picking and choosing what an "acceptable" circumstance is. There is NO grey line.

Yes.... there are exceptions to every rule stupid. For instance, as much as I'd like to shoot you stupid liberals, it's illegal. However, if you come after me with a knife, I can legally shoot.

In both examples, I shoot you. One is legal though and one is not. Because every rule has exceptions for the proper conditions in which it makes sense to have exceptions. You really are a moron for needing this explained to you.

IOWs Republican principles are, umm-----flexible?
As a Republican, your reproductive choices are clear, you either agree with the Republican party platform, or you agree the Governor Romney.
Choice is a bitch huh? Would you prefer government make your choice you?

Forum List

Back