Obama believes women should be admitted to Augusta

Obama believes women should be admitted to Augusta | General Headlines | Comcast

White House press secretary Jay Carney told reporters Thursday that Obama's "personal opinion is that women should be admitted" to the golf club. Carney said it was "up to the club to decide" but Obama told him he personally thinks women should be welcome.

"We're kind of long past the time when women should be excluded from anything," Carney said.

Surpreme ruler has spoken again, anything to get a vote..... :eusa_shifty:

Its no different when a political leader talks about "dont forget the children" or "God this, god that". Your supreme ruler does get to speak his mind.

And since you call Obama your supreme ruler, why would you talk smack about him?

:9::blahblah::blahblah:

There's no reason for Romney to offer any opinion at all. It would be sucker bait for Romney to start giving a response and his opinion on every bit of inanity that falls from the obamalips.

Obama believes women should be admitted to Augusta | General Headlines | Comcast

White House press secretary Jay Carney told reporters Thursday that Obama's "personal opinion is that women should be admitted" to the golf club. Carney said it was "up to the club to decide" but Obama told him he personally thinks women should be welcome.

"We're kind of long past the time when women should be excluded from anything," Carney said.

Obama thinks he can buy the Women's vote with Trinkets.

Obama thinks he can buy the Women's vote with Trinkets.

Exactly. It's pandering when before now? It was way off his radar.

There's no reason for Romney to offer any opinion at all. It would be sucker bait for Romney to start giving a response and his opinion on every bit of inanity that falls from the obamalips.

Romney supports women at Augusta National

Mitt Romney told reporters today that he believes women should be admitted to Augusta National Golf Club, home of The Masters tournament.

"Of course. I am not a member of Augusta. I don't know if I would qualify. My golf game is not that good," Romney said, according to the Associated Press. "If I could run Augusta, which isn't likely to happen, of course I'd have women."

Romney took the bait.

Well, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I think it is time for Augusta to join the 20th (I know we are in the 21st) century too.

It is time to get with the program... what's the matter guys? Afraid of the ladies showing you up? :D

Immie

I personally have no problem with it...But Obama speaking to it in an election year? (When it didn't matter in his several rounds of golf in other places...and NOW it's an issue)? :eusa_whistle:

I don't know (didn't look) when President Obama made his comment, but I think it was after I saw something on Yahoo a few days ago about this issue. I didn't look for the Yahoo report, but here is something from two days ago from CNN.

Let women into Augusta golf club - CNN.com

I think the ladies made the issue out of this and the President was just making a comment.

I don't have a problem with that, really.

Women's issues are as important as many other issues this country is facing at the moment. Maybe not as important as the economy and the wars, but simply because he made a comment about this one doesn't mean he's not dealing with the others.

Although in regard to the other issues, he's doing a shitty job. Maybe he should just concentrate on this issue for a while. The country might be better off.

Immie

Romney supports women at Augusta National

Mitt Romney told reporters today that he believes women should be admitted to Augusta National Golf Club, home of The Masters tournament.

"Of course. I am not a member of Augusta. I don't know if I would qualify. My golf game is not that good," Romney said, according to the Associated Press. "If I could run Augusta, which isn't likely to happen, of course I'd have women."

Romney took the bait.

OH well. There are worse sins.

Romney as well as calista Gingrich have publicly stated the same positions.

What's your point?

What's your point?
Romney and Callista aren't the president.

What's your point?
Romney and Callista aren't the president.

So being president prevents you from expressing an opinion on a harmless subject?
:confused:

Obama believes women should be admitted to Augusta

Obama also believes he is Tiger Woods.

Chuckle.

Well, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I think it is time for Augusta to join the 20th (I know we are in the 21st) century too.

It is time to get with the program... what's the matter guys? Afraid of the ladies showing you up? :D

Immie

I personally have no problem with it...But Obama speaking to it in an election year? (When it didn't matter in his several rounds of golf in other places...and NOW it's an issue)? :eusa_whistle:

I don't know (didn't look) when President Obama made his comment, but I think it was after I saw something on Yahoo a few days ago about this issue. I didn't look for the Yahoo report, but here is something from two days ago from CNN.

Let women into Augusta golf club - CNN.com

I think the ladies made the issue out of this and the President was just making a comment.

I don't have a problem with that, really.

Women's issues are as important as many other issues this country is facing at the moment. Maybe not as important as the economy and the wars, but simply because he made a comment about this one doesn't mean he's not dealing with the others.

Although in regard to the other issues, he's doing a shitty job. Maybe he should just concentrate on this issue for a while. The country might be better off.

Immie

With millions of folks unemployed....Debts Looming...another Credit downgrade...threatened Tax Raises?

I think this issue can stand to take a back seat.

Obama just needs to focus...and this issue isn't it.

Oops...I guess he's a sucker.

But never fear, if Mitt is for admitting women to Augusta today he'll almost certainly be opposed to admitting women to Augusta in a few months.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back