Obama Approval Falling Fast

Brand new Cook poll shows Obama approval having fallen to 57%.

The economic agitation is growing as Obama appears to shrug at the loss of 3 trillion dollars of private wealth since winning the election with his public dismissal of the Wall Street decline.

My oh my...

that's odd.

I just now looked over at the USMG news sidebar, or whatever its called, and a news link was posted that said

"Poll: Obama's rating at all-time high"

Wall Street Journal/NBC poll

Brand new Cook poll shows Obama approval having fallen to 57%.

The economic agitation is growing as Obama appears to shrug at the loss of 3 trillion dollars of private wealth since winning the election with his public dismissal of the Wall Street decline.

My oh my...

that's odd.

I just now looked over at the USMG news sidebar, or whatever its called, and a news link was posted that said

"Poll: Obama's rating at all-time high"

Wall Street Journal/NBC poll

LOL NBC go figure

you know, it's interesting that people keep saying that... it's not true, though. Rasmussen even says it's approval has been staying the same. And there is nothing in Rasmussen that characterized it the way you did.

and as of today, according to the NBCNews/WSJ Poll, there is a massive turn around in answer to the question "do you approve of the direction in which the country is going".

look at the difference from 9/08 to today

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/WSJ_NewsPoll_030309.pdf

so you might want to let go of the partisan stuff and actually look at what's happening...notwithstanding the tantrum being thrown by Rush and company....

disapproval is at about 26%.... which, as I said earlier, is about the same percentage of deadenders who never admitted Bush was a failure.

now for reality:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29493021/

you know, it's interesting that people keep saying that... it's not true, though. Rasmussen even says it's approval has been staying the same. And there is nothing in Rasmussen that characterized it the way you did.

and as of today, according to the NBCNews/WSJ Poll, there is a massive turn around in answer to the question "do you approve of the direction in which the country is going".

so you might want to let go of the partisan stuff and actually look at what's happening...notwithstanding the tantrum being thrown by Rush and company....

disapproval is at about 26%.... which, as I said earlier, is about the same percentage of deadenders who never admitted Bush was a failure.
the next time YOU let go of the partisan stuff, will be your FIRST time
so, look in the mirror

:lol:

the dead enders! The same percent that thought bush was doing a great job, is the same percent that think obama is fucking up.

and a lot of them are here on USMB!

gallup still has obama at 62% and disapproval at 26%.... the same deadenders who supported bush no matter what.

Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management

Obama is now CONSIDERABLY more unpopular than his predecessor at the same time, and well below every modern President since Truman at this same. time.

If the DOW and S&P continue to be hostile to his economic plans, he will be as unpopular as Bush by summer's end. He is going to HAVE to pay homage to Wall St eventually or they will ensure he's a one term President and the Republicans will come back into power by 2012. And to do that he's going to have to put a sack over Pelosi's head and stuff her in a garbage can for the duration of his Presidency.

BTW, Pelosi's current approval ratings are lower than Bush's at the end of his term. And congress' overall rating is at 10%, basically viewed as a useless body.

gallup still has obama at 62% and disapproval at 26%.... the same deadenders who supported bush no matter what.

Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management

Obama is now CONSIDERABLY more unpopular than his predecessor at the same time, and well below every modern President since Truman at this same. time.

I'd love to see something that substantiates that, because I don't believe it's true. In fact, I don't believe Bush's approval rating went up to NEAR where Obama's is until after 9/11. As for the rest of your statement, I don't believe that is true either.

But if you have a credible link....

the dead enders! The same percent that thought bush was doing a great job, is the same percent that think obama is fucking up.

The beauty of Wall St. is that they are not politicians and cannot be controlled by politicians. Wall St. has clearly REJECTED every aspect of Obama's economic agenda. And the big difference now from 20 and 30 and 60 years ago, the vast majority of the average American's wealth is in the stock market. Virtually ALL of the main retirement vehicle today, the 401k and it's relatives, are invested in stock. If that continues to fail, Americans will throw him out in a landslide in 2012 and overturn his Congress in 2010. He MUST appease Wall St or he's done as a functioning President, because That is where all our money is, and he's NOT taking care of it all.

The beauty of Wall St. is that they are not politicians and cannot be controlled by politicians. Wall St. has clearly REJECTED every aspect of Obama's economic agenda. And the big difference now from 20 and 30 and 60 years ago, the vast majority of the average American's wealth is in the stock market. Virtually ALL of the main retirement vehicle today, the 401k and it's relatives, are invested in stock. If that continues to fail, Americans will throw him out in a landslide in 2012 and overturn his Congress in 2010. He MUST appease Wall St or he's done as a functioning President, because That is where all our money is, and he's NOT taking care of it all.

very well put....and now they want to tax and punish the very companies that all our retirement accounts are vested in.......

very well put....and now they want to tax and punish the very companies that all our retirement accounts are vested in.......

It's been the greatest social change in America since WWII and the Civil Rights movement. The transition of "Joe Sixpack" from a pensioner to an investor. At the start of the Reagan presidency over 75% of working Americans were covered under a traditional pension plan. Today less than 25% are. The 401k has replaced the corporate pension as where Americans will be drawing their retirement income from. That is the "working class" people, NOT the "wealthy". That's the plumbers, carpenters, electricians, secretaries, shop floor workers, nurses, lab techs, EVERYONE. When Wall St and the DOW hurts, the WORKING CLASS hurts!

It is one of the great untold social upheavals in all of American History. And Obama is OBLIVIOUS of it.

dunno... things were pretty good when clinton was in office. i'm not quite certain how returning to the same marginal rate as existed then is suddenly catastrophic.

catastrophic WAS the first leader in history to cut taxes (for the richest) during wartime. and we said for eight years that was stupid. where were all of you fiscal conservatives then?

I'd love to see something that substantiates that, because I don't believe it's true. In fact, I don't believe Bush's approval rating went up to NEAR where Obama's is until after 9/11. As for the rest of your statement, I don't believe that is true either.

But if you have a credible link....

Bush's approval rating directly after 9/11 was at 88%.

dunno... things were pretty good when clinton was in office. i'm not quite certain how returning to the same marginal rate as existed then is suddenly catastrophic.

catastrophic WAS the first leader in history to cut taxes (for the richest) during wartime. and we said for eight years that was stupid. where were all of you fiscal conservatives then?

Clinton was a very good Republican. He had a Republican Congress running the show and after his socialized medicine debacle, he pretty much bowed out of economic issues and left it all alone. And he was a beneficiary of the first huge asset bubble, the .com boom. His biggest social achievement was Welfare Reform and act the Republicans rammed down his throat.

Bush was an idiot to the core. It's not tax cuts but spending that killed him...and lack of control on the excesses in the investment banking industry. The author of the modern supply-side tax cut philosophy was.....John F. Kennedy....it worked then, worked under Reagan, and had Bush not spent us to oblivion, it would have work then, too.

Obama and this Congress has put us in more debt in 6 weeks than Bush and Congress did in eight years. Stocks are now down 19% in only six weeks of his presidency....a clear and absolutely TOTAL REJECTION of his policies to date by the only entity that matters today....Wall St.

I think most are still high--just because he is the new President. Over time they drop--& we are witnessing that happening now. Unfortunately--all those campaign promises catch up to you one way or another.

Americans who voted for Barack Obama are a little upset that they are paying for the neighbor that bought too much home--& the ones that thought they were going to get a free home & a tank full of gas, haven't received it as yet. Those are the Barack Obama voters.

LITTLE DO THEY KNOW: That while 95% of Americans were promised an income tax cut--there is a proposal that is currently in congress to cap the mortgage interest rate deduction at 28%. Of course, resulting in the federal government doing a stealth attack on the back door of middle & lower incomes resulting in a huge tax hike. Since this is certain to pass--with a loaded democrat majority--the approval ratings of this President are going to plummett. This is exactly what Jimmy Carter did too.

Obama has no problem with signing his new budget that is loaded with 410 billion dollars in earmarks & wasteful spending. His excuse? They were proposed last year & turned down. Also, notice what wasn't in the stimulus bill. No money for nuclear power plants, or money for oil & natural gas drilling.

In fact, before it's all over, Obama's approval rating may get real ugly & mirror that of Jimmy Carter's.

Last edited:

well then bank loan ratio got changed from 5-1 to 10-1 and the run up ended in about october of 07......

you may recall i don't believe we should be in any foreign wars have any foreign military bases or pass out any foreign aid....but once you go in you have to finish what you start.....

clinton got lucky.....he happend to be president during the second industrial revolution.....to impliment the same tax rates that worked in an accelrating and think they will work in a declining economy ..... well that is what fdr did......i don't recall that worked out to well.....

Clinton was a very good Republican. He had a Republican Congress running the show and after his socialized medicine debacle, he pretty much bowed out of economic issues and left it all alone. And he was a beneficiary of the first huge asset bubble, the .com boom. His biggest social achievement was Welfare Reform and act the Republicans rammed down his throat.

Bush was an idiot to the core. It's not tax cuts but spending that killed him...and lack of control on the excesses in the investment banking industry. The author of the modern supply-side tax cut philosophy was.....John F. Kennedy....it worked then, worked under Reagan, and had Bush not spent us to oblivion, it would have work then, too.

Obama and this Congress has put us in more debt in 6 weeks than Bush and Congress did in eight years. Stocks are now down 19% in only six weeks of his presidency....a clear and absolutely TOTAL REJECTION of his policies to date by the only entity that matters today....Wall St.

Yep--Bill Clinton wasn't really signing 200K new paychecks each month. If Americans want to give thanks for that great economy--they really should be sending Bill Gates & John Chambers a Thank You note.

Really, the only problems that Bill Clinton had to deal with while in the oval office, were the ones he brought upon himself.

It was a very carefree--non-problematic era that Bill Clinton got to sit through. At the same time--If I had a choice between bringing Bill Clinton back & keeping Barack Obama? I would be doing handsprings in the street if we could exchange Barack Obama for Bill Clinton right now. If we could bring back Ronald Reagan right now--I would be doing a 100 foot dive, triple summersault into 3' of water.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back