Obama Apologizes To Castro!

Where did people get the idea that there will be business opportunities in Cuba? Raul Castro's daughter says those who think that there will be business opportunities are deaming.

Where did people get the idea that there will be business opportunities in Cuba? Raul Castro's daughter says those who think that there will be business opportunities are deaming.

Raul Castro's daughter has not met Rahm Emanuel, or Harry Reid.

The fixers extraordinaire will seduce her...

what obumble will do is give massive amounts of money to the Castros as reparations for the years of embargo.

Did you bother to read your link? Do you know what Obama apologized for?
It doesn't matter. Republicans hate Obama. He is everything they aren't. Smart, knowledgeable, good looking, thoughtful.

But Republicans sure know how to have fun. Suuueeeeee!

Redneck-Racism-Feature-01-2.03124072640.jpg

So, anyway, I have this great idea. How about USMB starts up an investment fund.

Ok, so we all buy shares in the USMB Trans-Caribbean Auto Trading company (TCATCO), and buy up all the 1950s autos in Cuba for resale in televised auction markets in the US. This will work. It has legs.

Last edited:

The fixers extraordinaire will seduce her...

or any of the big resort hotel chains .. Paris Hilton loves sun, sand and surf ... hellooooooo Daddy.

the business opportunities are next to endless. Most RW's are dumber than a rock in the world of business.

Last edited:

Obama began the phone call with Castro with what he described as 15 minutes of opening comments. It was the first conversation between the heads of state in both countries since 1961.

"I apologized for taking such a long time," Obama said. Castro responded by reminding Obama that the American president was still young enough to beat Castro's brother, former Cuban president and revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, who once gave a 7-hour-long speech.

Stevie is mad because Obama talked with Castro and is still upset that a black man got elected President.
I'm curious - what do you think of Ben Carson?

I really don't think of Ben Carson at all.

American agriculture sells over $300 million work of American production to Cuba right now.

Sounds like a business opportunity to me. $100 million here, $100 million there- next thing you know it adds up to real money.

Nope...just like none of us wailed when Nixon opened up China.

You see "American Spring Stephanie"...we actually have a real-life example of a Republican President doing something similar and the Left not wailing about it.

Nixon opened up trade with China since there was a potential market to sell American goods to 800 million Chinese people. About 11 million Cubans who earn $67 a month don't present much of a market.

So you are saying there is no moral reason for us to boycott Cuba, just that we won't make as much money from doing so?

Meanwhile- American farmers have been making money with opportunities denied to other American business's.....

Sales of U.S. agricultural products to Cuba peaked at over $710 million in 2008, before the recession, but fell to $350 million by 2013, according to the U.S.-Cuba Trade and Economic Council. Frozen chicken, soybeans and soy products, and corn are the main products Cuba now buys from the United States.

I indicated that the potential to market to 800 million people is a bit more of an opportunity than to 11 million people. As long as the Castro brothers rule over Cuba I would feel morally obligated to continue the boycott.

So your morals can be bought?

No but the hypocrisy you continue show can be programmed by your white rich far left masters..

I had forgotten what a troll you are.

What do you mean what the U.S. did to Cuba is ridiculous? They sided with the Soviets wanting to nuke the United States.

And the Soviet Union stopped existing when exactly?

Russia is still not our friend.
They opened up their old spy intelligence base there in Cuba just recently.

BBC News - Viewpoint Why the shadow of WW1 and 1989 hangs over world events

Here's a good article written by an economist who worked with the Poles and the Russians after the fall of the Berlin Wall. To Poland they gave Billions of Dollars in aid to set them on their feet again, after having been the enemy for 45 years. To Russia they gave not much. Why? Revenge. He compares this to the Treaty of Versailles and how Keynes predicted that this would lead to problems much later on.

With Russia, they had Yeltsin, had Yeltsin been successful Russia might have been a friend of the US and the West. But he failed, and part of this reason is that the US didn't want to help Russia. So Putin got in, when his Nationalism might have been avoided.

What Putin is doing now is playing games, trying to get his country back to being an important country. Problem is he's thinking in Cold War terms, and the US is going down to his level in someways.

Thanks, Steve. You present evidence for why the right is sooo dumbed down in the U.S. It's because rightards read nonsense like the link you provided and just accept it as gospel even though it's completely misleading. You then proceed to dumb each other down by spreading these idiocies among yourselves.

Reading that article leads one to believe Obama apologized for taking so long to reach out to Cuba, since as the article points out, that hasn't happened since 1961.

That's actually not what he apologized for but because the right wing blogoshpere wants that message delivered, their ever-so-faithful useful idiots will work hard to disseminate it.

In reality, Obama harmlessly apologized for monopolizing the first 15 minutes of the phone call.

Forum List

Back