A Wasted Apology

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
They used the word "colored" and were expected to apologize. Why? Blacks chose "colored" as part of the NAACP. No apology was necessary.

---KMOV apoligizes after anchor uses 'colored' to describe minority homeowners---

(1) This is 2024.

(2) There is simply no excuse for a newsreader to refer to "c...... people."

(3) Yes, it is shorter than saying "people of color." But tough buns!

(4) Foreign students of English must be thinking: Those Americans must be crazy. Why is it great to say "people of color," but it is almost a capital crime to refer to "c...... people"?

(5) Well, language is an invention of crazy human beings. So there is NO explanation.

(A few years ago, two sports commentators referred to "Oriental" athletes. When censured for doing so, they explained: "We didn't know it was wrong to use the 'O' word!!!" Yeah, right!)

They used the word "colored" and were expected to apologize. Why? Blacks chose "colored" as part of the NAACP. No apology was necessary.

---KMOV apoligizes after anchor uses 'colored' to describe minority homeowners---

Who founded the NAACP?

What year was it founded?

You don't like how cuckolded and servile you and your people have become? There there. :itsok:

(1) This is 2024.

(4) Foreign students of English must be thinking: Those Americans must be crazy. Why is it great to say "people of color," but it is almost a capital crime to refer to "c...... people"?

(5) Well, language is an invention of crazy human beings. So there is NO explanation.

(A few years ago, two sports commentators referred to "Oriental" athletes. When censured for doing so, they explained: "We didn't know it was wrong to use the 'O' word!!!" Yeah, right!)

How is using the term colored any different than using the term blacks or whites?

This is exactly what liberal woke culture does by constant changing of "rules" which are selectively applied.

How long has John Wayne been dead for? Proud white bigotry has been dead about as long. We're in the generation of whites were no one, liberal or conservative, even wants to claim the Confederacy. :lmao:Yours is a dying culture.

(1) This is 2024.

Blacks call themselves colored. They also call themselves the nword and a whole lot of other descriptors.

If blacks are demanding equality then why aren't whites allowed to use the same terminology they use on a daily basis? How can you demand to be equal but also say you want special treatment?

Isn't it racist to say "you can't use that word because of your skin color"?

Color should never have been part of the conversation

Blacks call themselves colored. They also call themselves the nword and a whole lot of other descriptors.
(1) I have had a lot of negative experiences with people of ethnicity X, so I am frankly "wary" of them.

(2) But I think that in fairness, one should say that some of them use the word "c......" and that "other word."

(3) I doubt that the Obamas use those words, for example. Nor does Vice President Harris. Nor does Defense Secretary Austin.

(4) All Asians, Caucasians, Hispanics, and Native Americans know that those words are very disrespectful and should NEVER be used. (Do NOT "just" use them at home, for one day they will slip out in public, and the consequences could be very "unpleasant.")

P.S. And there is NO excuse to ever use the Spanish word for "black." Until the 1960s, that was the word that everyone used. In 2024, that word is used on purpose to hurt the feelings of African Americans. What is the value of purposely hurting other people's feelings? That is NOT going to change them.

(1) I have had a lot of negative experiences with people of ethnicity X, so I am frankly "wary" of them.

(2) But I think that in fairness, one should say that some of them use the word "c......" and that "other word."

(3) I doubt that the Obamas use those words, for example. Nor does Vice President Harris. Nor does Defense Secretary Austin.

(4) All Asians, Caucasians, Hispanics, and Native Americans know that those words are very disrespectful and should NEVER be used. (Do NOT "just" use them at home, for one day they will slip out in public, and the consequences could be very "unpleasant.")

P.S. And there is NO excuse to ever use the Spanish word for "black." Until the 1960s, that was the word that everyone used. In 2024, that word is used on purpose to hurt the feelings of African Americans. What is the value of purposely hurting other people's feelings? That is NOT going to change them.

It doesn't matter who says what.

All that matters is any black person can say the nword and no one bats an eye. But no white person can say it without being attacked.

Either it's all ok or none of its ok

Why didn't you answer the questions?
Because I didn't think it necessary to cite how long a name has been around for it to possibly be offensive. Take for instance the football team I mentioned. The NAACP is only 23 years older than that team.

The point is, it's all the rage today to rename things because somebody gets offended.

Forum List

Back