Obama apoligizes again.....

Please read....

TRICARE Fee Increases

Now, I am a huge proponent of everything that our veterans get as I have multiple family members and friends who are vets. My parents are currently enrolled in TriCare for Life. However, are you REALLY going to bitch about having to pay $520.00 a YEAR for this golden insurance plan? Hell, my folks haven't paid a medical bill since the got into TriCare for Life. I say that at an annual premium of $520.00/year, it is a pretty sweet deal compared to what anyone else pays.
from the link I posted earlier...

Significantly, the plan calls for increases between 30 percent to 78 percent in Tricare annual premiums for the first year. After that, the plan will impose five-year increases ranging from 94 percent to 345 percent—more than 3 times current levels.

According to congressional assessments, a retired Army colonel with a family currently paying $460 a year for health care will pay $2,048.

Where can YOU go and get a policy lined with the benefits provided by TriCare for Life for $2K a year?

completely not the point

from the link I posted earlier...

Where can YOU go and get a policy lined with the benefits provided by TriCare for Life for $2K a year?

completely not the point

But it is MY point. Our government is broke. Even the veterans know that TriCare for Life is NOT sustainable as it is now. Since Obama passed a bullshit Healthcare reform law, we already know that premiums are not going to go down, but will simply continue to rise. We ALL (veterans included) are going to simply have to pay a little more for the things we rely upon.

completely not the point

But it is MY point. Our government is broke. Even the veterans know that TriCare for Life is NOT sustainable as it is now. Since Obama passed a bullshit Healthcare reform law, we already know that premiums are not going to go down, but will simply continue to rise. We ALL (veterans included) are going to simply have to pay a little more for the things we rely upon.

that is not an invalid point. However, keep in mind the context of my discussing Tricare at all was in regards to Obama claiming he protects veterans, yet tries to cut their benefits.

completely not the point

that is not an invalid point. However, keep in mind the context of my discussing Tricare at all was in regards to Obama claiming he protects veterans, yet tries to cut their benefits.

And MY point is that I think you are blowing YOUR point out of proportion. Our veterans are still getting an awesome healthcare plan at an awesome price. Obama is simply being realistic. Now, if we could just get the GOP to be a little realistic with the cuts they want to make to social programs, perhaps our elected officials could actually get something done!

And MY point is that I think you are blowing YOUR point out of proportion. Our veterans are still getting an awesome healthcare plan at an awesome price. Obama is simply being realistic. Now, if we could just get the GOP to be a little realistic with the cuts they want to make to social programs, perhaps our elected officials could actually get something done!

it was a single example of Obama 'taking care' of veterans.

When the only day he honors them is Memorial Day, especially during an election year, you're right, we can certainly enjoy his empty words and even emptier sentiments.

EMPTYSUIT.jpg

The only time, eh?

obama-war-dead-dover1jpg-0724ea739e32b92d.jpg

Meanwhile, where was the fucking guy who sent these soldiers to their deaths in the first place over bullshit "WMD" charges?

Hey, jerk-off. Those coffins are coming from Afghanistan. They guy that sent them there is the one in the blue tie hoping he's doing it right.

Meaningless drivel. When will Americans learn to be smart enough to judge politicians by their actions instead of the pretty words?

If you weren't so busy spreading poison and lies, you would know that President Obama, along with the First and Second Ladies have done more for vets than ANY Republican. Including McCain who, if you remember, forced a committee to disband that was working on helping homeless and jobless vets.

Thanks to this administration, vets are now getting jobs and housing.

EXACTLY what "actions" have the R's done for vets?

Not a fucking thing except that they have said they want to change the VA to a voucher system which would mean almost ZERO care for vets.

(You really picked the wrong issue to lie about.)

The only time, eh?

Meanwhile, where was the fucking guy who sent these soldiers to their deaths in the first place over bullshit "WMD" charges?

Hey, jerk-off. Those coffins are coming from Afghanistan. They guy that sent them there is the one in the blue tie hoping he's doing it right.

That's what I love about Obama. While Bush lied and wouldn't even allow photos or numbers to be published, President Obama takes responsibility.

Thank you Mr President for showing them how to do "it" right but don't expect any R to learn from it. They're all way too busy lying about you.

The only time, eh?

That's what I love about Obama. While Bush lied and wouldn't even allow photos or numbers to be published, President Obama takes responsibility.

Thank you Mr President for showing them how to do "it" right but don't expect any R to learn from it. They're all way too busy lying about you.

How could anyone be so fucking stupid as you? Were you dropped as a baby?

images.jpg

How could anyone be so fucking stupid as you? Were you dropped as a baby?

Says the clown man. Too funny.

Meaningless drivel. When will Americans learn to be smart enough to judge politicians by their actions instead of the pretty words?

There you go again, thinking you can tell us what to think or do. You words are meaningless drivel, trool and maroon. No American veteran and patriot is going to put up with your crap. Step off.

You're so sure of that? I know a couple right now that think the same way......so YOU step off!

To bad the never serve wing nuts cannot deal with reality. Vietnam was a worldwide disgrace brought on by war profiteers. You right wing terrorism supporters should be drafted and made to serve with more than lip service.

Democrats bitched when Bush was in front of the camera, and now you're bitching about it when he was not. Can you please make your damn mind up?

Obama was not there for the cameras, stupid.

of course he was. So was Bush. So was Clinton. So was EVERY president ever photographed in that situation.

except for the few that actually fought in a war.....i dont think those ones could fake it....

The ONLY promise Obama has kept is that he defunded NASA.

Bush 2 Wars
Obama 5 Wars

But, that's only a "conspiracy theory". :lol:

Why no death tolls Mads? :doubt:

So we gauge if a president is within the restraints of the Constitution by the death toll? I really don't think that plays a factor.

And this was in 2009.

• He announced a new VA budget of $112.8 billion, a 15.5-percent increase over the previous year. Among other things, the higher budget calls for hiring more staff, treating 122,000 more patients, and beginning the switch of patient records to an electronic system that can be accessed by all VA facilities. The increase will also pay for an uptick in education claims by veterans who are taking advantage of the Post-9/11 GI Bill, passed last year.

• The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act added another $1.4 billion to the VA budget, to be used toward improving services, including grant money to states to build extended care facilities for vets, and the hiring of 1,500 new claims processors to speed up delivery of benefits.

• The Joint Virtual Lifetime Electronic Initiative mandates that the DOD and VA work together to build a coordinated computer system that will provide accessible patient information from the day an individual enters military service throughout the rest of his/her life. This will remedy one of veterans' main complaints about the VA.

• In a related issue, the Obama administration is pushing for a measure that would let Congress approve VA money a year in advance, thus avoiding the delays for budget reasons that have plagued the agency.

• Just two weeks ago, the VA and DOD held a joint Mental Health Summit in Washington, designed to "harness the programs, resources and expertise of both departments to deal with the aftermath of the battlefield." The initiative will include removing the stigma many soldiers feel about admitting to PTSD symptoms, and, finally, treating PTSD and traumatic brain injuries more fully, rather than how it's been dealt with in the past, as something to be merely contained enough to keep it from causing major social (or political) problems.

• With more than 100,000 veterans going homeless on any given night, Obama proposes pilot programs with non-profits to specifically target vets' homelessness and its related problems. A more concrete plan is expected within a few months.

This list still leaves much to do, but it's nevertheless a good start by the Prez to follow through on promises he made to vets. So on Veterans Day, when the country is full of hurrahs and heart-tugging nods toward the flag, remember that we still need to do a lot more to meet our commitment to vets. You can thank vets in a way that could make an actual difference: Contact the White House and your representative or U.S. senators in Congress, and tell them to do more for veterans, including improving the care given at VA hospitals. Don't just support our soldiers when they're overseas; make sure they're not having to fight battles with government bureaucracy when they come home.

Veterans Day checkup: What's Obama done for vets so far? | Boomer with Attitude | Creative Loafing Charlotte

the only thing wrong with defense bills is....how much of that 112 billion actually goes to those guys and how much goes to their little pet projects they throw in there....

Forum List

Back