Obama apoligizes again.....

Senate panel backs $525.8 billion in Pentagon spending
The measure approved by the panel, which included 150 changes from the president's budget request, also would block increases in fees for the Tricare healthcare system for military retirees.

Even the Senate is trying to block Obama's increases in the Tricare costs to veterans.

Tricare costs should be increased for veterans. I pay $420 in annual premiums for Tricare Prime family coverage. A 30 day prescription costs $5, unless you use the Express Script mail order, then it's free. Our premiums haven't increased in 16 years, since we switched from CHAMPUS. We want everyone else to "pay their fair share", but veterans went ballistic when the prescription cost increased from $3 to $5.

P.S. Sen Tom Coburn has been pushing an even greater cost increase for 8 years.

Aww, really nice.

was trying to increase Tricare cost to vets 'nice' of Obama? Even the Democratic Senate saw that as a bad idea and passed a version that eliminates the changes to Tricare.

Please read....

Even with Price Hikes, TRICARE is a Great Deal
I don’t want to defend the price hikes, but I understand the need for the DoD and government to do something. The cost of health care is rising faster than most people can keep up with, and it is one of the biggest concerns in our nation – not just for military retirees, but for everyone. The new proposed family care plan under TRICARE Prime would cost $520 per year, which is less than many civilian families pay each month for family health care through an employer’s group health insurance plan. It’s a great deal, but unfortunately, the rising cost of health care means something must be done.

TRICARE is Unsustainable in its Current State.
I know many military retirees and their family members will be disappointed to hear about the price increases, but many retirees probably already realize that the rising cost of health care has placed the government in a tough position. The simple fact of the matter is this: TRICARE is unsustainable in its current state, and the DoD will have to spend an increasingly large part of its budget paying for retiree pensions and health care, while sacrificing money that could be spent on weapon systems, training, and troop retention.

The key will be for the DoD to address these TRICARE enrollment fee increases in a way that will won’t dramatically affect military retirees’ budgets. Ideally, the DoD would be able to work with the federal government to find another way to fund TRICARE without resorting to price hikes.

TRICARE Fee Increases

Now, I am a huge proponent of everything that our veterans get as I have multiple family members and friends who are vets. My parents are currently enrolled in TriCare for Life. However, are you REALLY going to bitch about having to pay $520.00 a YEAR for this golden insurance plan? Hell, my folks haven't paid a medical bill since the got into TriCare for Life. I say that at an annual premium of $520.00/year, it is a pretty sweet deal compared to what anyone else pays.

But wait, according to all the hype used to sell the ACA, medical care is supposed to be "free" for everyone. Why not start with those who have done the most to earn it with their personal sacrifice?

was trying to increase Tricare cost to vets 'nice' of Obama? Even the Democratic Senate saw that as a bad idea and passed a version that eliminates the changes to Tricare.

Please read....

I don’t want to defend the price hikes, but I understand the need for the DoD and government to do something. The cost of health care is rising faster than most people can keep up with, and it is one of the biggest concerns in our nation – not just for military retirees, but for everyone. The new proposed family care plan under TRICARE Prime would cost $520 per year, which is less than many civilian families pay each month for family health care through an employer’s group health insurance plan. It’s a great deal, but unfortunately, the rising cost of health care means something must be done.

I know many military retirees and their family members will be disappointed to hear about the price increases, but many retirees probably already realize that the rising cost of health care has placed the government in a tough position. The simple fact of the matter is this: TRICARE is unsustainable in its current state, and the DoD will have to spend an increasingly large part of its budget paying for retiree pensions and health care, while sacrificing money that could be spent on weapon systems, training, and troop retention.

The key will be for the DoD to address these TRICARE enrollment fee increases in a way that will won’t dramatically affect military retirees’ budgets. Ideally, the DoD would be able to work with the federal government to find another way to fund TRICARE without resorting to price hikes.

TRICARE Fee Increases

Now, I am a huge proponent of everything that our veterans get as I have multiple family members and friends who are vets. My parents are currently enrolled in TriCare for Life. However, are you REALLY going to bitch about having to pay $520.00 a YEAR for this golden insurance plan? Hell, my folks haven't paid a medical bill since the got into TriCare for Life. I say that at an annual premium of $520.00/year, it is a pretty sweet deal compared to what anyone else pays.

But wait, according to all the hype used to sell the ACA, medical care is supposed to be "free" for everyone. Why not start with those who have done the most to earn it with their personal sacrifice?

Where in ACA did it ever say anything about free for everyone?

Did you miss out on the entire healthcare debate?

Oh....I forgot....you must watch Fox News

Please read....

TRICARE Fee Increases

What debate? The libs negotiated among themselves, behind closed doors, no Pubs were allowed. Despite your fearful leader's promises, no one, even the legislators, were given time to read through that monstrosity. Pelosi said it all when she told us that it would have to be passed before we would know what was in it. The implied promise was that everyone was going to be provided healthcare. I'm guessing the "free" part only applied to retired politicians and union wonks, or any other specially selected minority group deemed worthy by this administration.

What debate? The libs negotiated among themselves, behind closed doors, no Pubs were allowed. Despite your fearful leader's promises, no one, even the legislators, were given time to read through that monstrosity. Pelosi said it all when she told us that it would have to be passed before we would know what was in it. The implied promise was that everyone was going to be provided healthcare. I'm guessing the "free" part only applied to retired politicians and union wonks, or any other specially selected minority group deemed worthy by this administration.

You really ought not to debate Bubble boy...he's bringing up crap that didn't exist.

Senate panel backs $525.8 billion in Pentagon spending
The measure approved by the panel, which included 150 changes from the president's budget request, also would block increases in fees for the Tricare healthcare system for military retirees.

Even the Senate is trying to block Obama's increases in the Tricare costs to veterans.

Tricare costs should be increased for veterans. I pay $420 in annual premiums for Tricare Prime family coverage. A 30 day prescription costs $5, unless you use the Express Script mail order, then it's free. Our premiums haven't increased in 16 years, since we switched from CHAMPUS. We want everyone else to "pay their fair share", but veterans went ballistic when the prescription cost increased from $3 to $5.

P.S. Sen Tom Coburn has been pushing an even greater cost increase for 8 years.

Yeah sure...Commit your life to defending SCUM like you...and be charged for it.:eusa_hand:

But the wingnuts will never acknowledge that the President has said these words.
"You were often blamed for a war you didn’t start, when you should have been commended for serving your country with valor. You were sometimes blamed for misdeeds of a few, when the honorable service of the many should have been praised. You came home and sometimes were denigrated, when you should have been celebrated,” Obama said. “It was a national shame, a disgrace that should have never happened. And that’s why here today we resolve that it will not happen again. And so a central part of this 50th anniversary will be to tell your story as it should have been told all along.”
Let's be clear. Obama announces to military veterans of America that they will never again stand up to bullies again so they won't have to suffer indignities of coming home to raving maniacal antiwar demagogues.

And that's why we're supposed to destroy the Constitution's sovereignty title and submit to people overseas for our future. We did our time under a monarch. We moved on, and we're not going back.

That idea along with the raving maniacal antiwar demagogues deserves this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRSSkIWgJWA"]Chau Gong, 34" (GON058) - YouTube[/ame]

Meaningless drivel. When will Americans learn to be smart enough to judge politicians by their actions instead of the pretty words?

LOL....Those sure were purty words weren't they?

No....you are right
We can't judge a President on how he honors soldiers on Memorial Day. Especially if he is a Democrat
Memorial Day is to honor our soldiers that have DIED in the line of duty. It is not a time to politicize in a speech to Vietnam Vets. The veterans get honored on VETERAN'S DAY!

Fuckin' liberals are fuckin' STUPID!!! Obama is merely pandering for more votes. He realizes he's in deep shit...bein' the fuckin' failure he is!

Meaningless drivel. When will Americans learn to be smart enough to judge politicians by their actions instead of the pretty words?

No....you are right
We can't judge a President on how he honors soldiers on Memorial Day. Especially if he is a Democrat
Memorial Day is to honor our soldiers that have DIED in the line of duty. It is not a time to politicize in a speech to Vietnam Vets. The veterans get honored on VETERAN'S DAY!

Fuckin' liberals are fuckin' STUPID!!! Obama is merely pandering for more votes. He realizes he's in deep shit...bein' the fuckin' failure he is!

Your dog is rabid. Might be time to put it down.

True. He said the right thing, but for the wrong reasons. His poll numbers are low among veterans and he is trying to change that. I would venture to say that he and other liberals were the ones who were hardest on the Viet Nam vets.

He's apologized for everything but his own mistakes.

No....you are right

That all you got....in response to what I said? You're a fuckin' idiot!

That all you got....in response to what I said? You're a fuckin' idiot!

BD is good at that isn't she?

Aww, really nice.

Please read....

TRICARE Fee Increases

It's a damn sweet deal. Conservatives have no problem asking public unions to pay A LOT more, but freak out at suggesting a Tricare fee increase. Makes no sense.

Romney has suggested vouchers for Veterans. Sorry, but this Veteran knows who is better for vets and retirees.

Please read....

TRICARE Fee Increases

It's a damn sweet deal. Conservatives have no problem asking public unions to pay A LOT more, but freak out at suggesting a Tricare fee increase. Makes no sense.

Romney has suggested vouchers for Veterans. Sorry, but this Veteran knows who is better for vets and retirees.
You mean "this Vet" as in the one who lied through her enlistment?
Your fellow vets would seem to disagree with you.
New Poll Results Show Veterans Support Romney - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

Hike TRICARE Fees or Cut More Troops

"Given the constraints of the Budget Control Act, if no adjustments are made in TRICARE fees and we don't achieve twelve-plus-billion dollars in savings over the (five-year defense plan), additional force structure cuts will need to be made," Dr. Jonathan Woodson, assistant secretary of defense for health affairs told the House subcommittee on military personnel. That's the reality "everyone needs to understand in these very difficult times," he said.

Mitt Romney Floats ‘Private Sector Competition’ For Vets’ Health Care System

At a campaign event in South Carolina, Romney raised the possibility of a voucher system.
“If you’re the government, they know there’s nowhere else you guys can go, you’re stuck,” Romney told a group of veterans at Mutt’s BBQ restaurant here. “Sometimes you wonder if there would be some way to introduce private sector competition, somebody else who could come in and say each solder has ‘X’ thousand dollars attributed to them and then they can choose where they want to go in the government system or the private system with the money that follows them.”

Bush plans healthcare fee increase

The Bush administration, in its fiscal 2007 defense budget, unveiled its plan to raise TRICARE health insurance fees and deductibles for military retirees under age 65 and their dependents. Co-payments in the TRICARE retail pharmacy network also would climb, but for all beneficiaries except active duty.

Marine Corps Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, immediately endorsed the plan, describing it as a necessary "renorming" of TRICARE fees and deductibles left unchanged since they were set in 1995.

Forum List

Back