Obama apoligizes again.....

President Obama: U.S. wronged Vietnam vets - Patrick Reis - POLITICO.com

You were often blamed for a war you didn’t start, when you should have been commended for serving your country with valor. You were sometimes blamed for misdeeds of a few, when the honorable service of the many should have been praised. You came home and sometimes were denigrated, when you should have been celebrated,” Obama said. “It was a national shame, a disgrace that should have never happened. And that’s why here today we resolve that it will not happen again. And so a central part of this 50th anniversary will be to tell your story as it should have been told all along.”

Read more: President Obama: U.S. wronged Vietnam vets - Patrick Reis - POLITICO.com

Obama speech to Viet Nam Vets

Aww, really nice.

was trying to increase Tricare cost to vets 'nice' of Obama? Even the Democratic Senate saw that as a bad idea and passed a version that eliminates the changes to Tricare.

Meaningless drivel. When will Americans learn to be smart enough to judge politicians by their actions instead of the pretty words?

There you go again, thinking you can tell us what to think or do. You words are meaningless drivel, trool and maroon. No American veteran and patriot is going to put up with your crap. Step off.

Last edited:
The truth would shatter thier worldview. Obama MUST be protected at all times despite the truth. What a sad existence they must lead?

Pro-Communist-Protest-on--006.jpg

1967_vietnam_protest2.jpg

Where is Obama in those pictures?

He must be hiding somewhere...remember, he was only seven or eight at the time

The little slacker..

And this was in 2009.

• He announced a new VA budget of $112.8 billion, a 15.5-percent increase over the previous year. Among other things, the higher budget calls for hiring more staff, treating 122,000 more patients, and beginning the switch of patient records to an electronic system that can be accessed by all VA facilities. The increase will also pay for an uptick in education claims by veterans who are taking advantage of the Post-9/11 GI Bill, passed last year.

• The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act added another $1.4 billion to the VA budget, to be used toward improving services, including grant money to states to build extended care facilities for vets, and the hiring of 1,500 new claims processors to speed up delivery of benefits.

• The Joint Virtual Lifetime Electronic Initiative mandates that the DOD and VA work together to build a coordinated computer system that will provide accessible patient information from the day an individual enters military service throughout the rest of his/her life. This will remedy one of veterans' main complaints about the VA.

• In a related issue, the Obama administration is pushing for a measure that would let Congress approve VA money a year in advance, thus avoiding the delays for budget reasons that have plagued the agency.

• Just two weeks ago, the VA and DOD held a joint Mental Health Summit in Washington, designed to "harness the programs, resources and expertise of both departments to deal with the aftermath of the battlefield." The initiative will include removing the stigma many soldiers feel about admitting to PTSD symptoms, and, finally, treating PTSD and traumatic brain injuries more fully, rather than how it's been dealt with in the past, as something to be merely contained enough to keep it from causing major social (or political) problems.

• With more than 100,000 veterans going homeless on any given night, Obama proposes pilot programs with non-profits to specifically target vets' homelessness and its related problems. A more concrete plan is expected within a few months.

This list still leaves much to do, but it's nevertheless a good start by the Prez to follow through on promises he made to vets. So on Veterans Day, when the country is full of hurrahs and heart-tugging nods toward the flag, remember that we still need to do a lot more to meet our commitment to vets. You can thank vets in a way that could make an actual difference: Contact the White House and your representative or U.S. senators in Congress, and tell them to do more for veterans, including improving the care given at VA hospitals. Don't just support our soldiers when they're overseas; make sure they're not having to fight battles with government bureaucracy when they come home.

Veterans Day checkup: What's Obama done for vets so far? | Boomer with Attitude | Creative Loafing Charlotte

You were often blamed for a war you didn’t start, when you should have been commended for serving your country with valor. You were sometimes blamed for misdeeds of a few, when the honorable service of the many should have been praised. You came home and sometimes were denigrated, when you should have been celebrated,” Obama said. “It was a national shame, a disgrace that should have never happened. And that’s why here today we resolve that it will not happen again. And so a central part of this 50th anniversary will be to tell your story as it should have been told all along.”

Read more: President Obama: U.S. wronged Vietnam vets - Patrick Reis - POLITICO.com

Aww, really nice.

was trying to increase Tricare cost to vets 'nice' of Obama? Even the Democratic Senate saw that as a bad idea and passed a version that eliminates the changes to Tricare.

Please read....

Even with Price Hikes, TRICARE is a Great Deal
I don’t want to defend the price hikes, but I understand the need for the DoD and government to do something. The cost of health care is rising faster than most people can keep up with, and it is one of the biggest concerns in our nation – not just for military retirees, but for everyone. The new proposed family care plan under TRICARE Prime would cost $520 per year, which is less than many civilian families pay each month for family health care through an employer’s group health insurance plan. It’s a great deal, but unfortunately, the rising cost of health care means something must be done.

TRICARE is Unsustainable in its Current State.
I know many military retirees and their family members will be disappointed to hear about the price increases, but many retirees probably already realize that the rising cost of health care has placed the government in a tough position. The simple fact of the matter is this: TRICARE is unsustainable in its current state, and the DoD will have to spend an increasingly large part of its budget paying for retiree pensions and health care, while sacrificing money that could be spent on weapon systems, training, and troop retention.

The key will be for the DoD to address these TRICARE enrollment fee increases in a way that will won’t dramatically affect military retirees’ budgets. Ideally, the DoD would be able to work with the federal government to find another way to fund TRICARE without resorting to price hikes.

TRICARE Fee Increases

Now, I am a huge proponent of everything that our veterans get as I have multiple family members and friends who are vets. My parents are currently enrolled in TriCare for Life. However, are you REALLY going to bitch about having to pay $520.00 a YEAR for this golden insurance plan? Hell, my folks haven't paid a medical bill since the got into TriCare for Life. I say that at an annual premium of $520.00/year, it is a pretty sweet deal compared to what anyone else pays.

And this was in 2009.

• He announced a new VA budget of $112.8 billion, a 15.5-percent increase over the previous year. Among other things, the higher budget calls for hiring more staff, treating 122,000 more patients, and beginning the switch of patient records to an electronic system that can be accessed by all VA facilities. The increase will also pay for an uptick in education claims by veterans who are taking advantage of the Post-9/11 GI Bill, passed last year.

• The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act added another $1.4 billion to the VA budget, to be used toward improving services, including grant money to states to build extended care facilities for vets, and the hiring of 1,500 new claims processors to speed up delivery of benefits.

• The Joint Virtual Lifetime Electronic Initiative mandates that the DOD and VA work together to build a coordinated computer system that will provide accessible patient information from the day an individual enters military service throughout the rest of his/her life. This will remedy one of veterans' main complaints about the VA.

• In a related issue, the Obama administration is pushing for a measure that would let Congress approve VA money a year in advance, thus avoiding the delays for budget reasons that have plagued the agency.

• Just two weeks ago, the VA and DOD held a joint Mental Health Summit in Washington, designed to "harness the programs, resources and expertise of both departments to deal with the aftermath of the battlefield." The initiative will include removing the stigma many soldiers feel about admitting to PTSD symptoms, and, finally, treating PTSD and traumatic brain injuries more fully, rather than how it's been dealt with in the past, as something to be merely contained enough to keep it from causing major social (or political) problems.

• With more than 100,000 veterans going homeless on any given night, Obama proposes pilot programs with non-profits to specifically target vets' homelessness and its related problems. A more concrete plan is expected within a few months.

This list still leaves much to do, but it's nevertheless a good start by the Prez to follow through on promises he made to vets. So on Veterans Day, when the country is full of hurrahs and heart-tugging nods toward the flag, remember that we still need to do a lot more to meet our commitment to vets. You can thank vets in a way that could make an actual difference: Contact the White House and your representative or U.S. senators in Congress, and tell them to do more for veterans, including improving the care given at VA hospitals. Don't just support our soldiers when they're overseas; make sure they're not having to fight battles with government bureaucracy when they come home.

Veterans Day checkup: What's Obama done for vets so far? | Boomer with Attitude | Creative Loafing Charlotte

would that be the one of the budgets that was never voted on?

Last edited:
Aww, really nice.

Please read....

Even with Price Hikes, TRICARE is a Great Deal
I don’t want to defend the price hikes, but I understand the need for the DoD and government to do something. The cost of health care is rising faster than most people can keep up with, and it is one of the biggest concerns in our nation – not just for military retirees, but for everyone. The new proposed family care plan under TRICARE Prime would cost $520 per year, which is less than many civilian families pay each month for family health care through an employer’s group health insurance plan. It’s a great deal, but unfortunately, the rising cost of health care means something must be done.

TRICARE is Unsustainable in its Current State.
I know many military retirees and their family members will be disappointed to hear about the price increases, but many retirees probably already realize that the rising cost of health care has placed the government in a tough position. The simple fact of the matter is this: TRICARE is unsustainable in its current state, and the DoD will have to spend an increasingly large part of its budget paying for retiree pensions and health care, while sacrificing money that could be spent on weapon systems, training, and troop retention.

The key will be for the DoD to address these TRICARE enrollment fee increases in a way that will won’t dramatically affect military retirees’ budgets. Ideally, the DoD would be able to work with the federal government to find another way to fund TRICARE without resorting to price hikes.

TRICARE Fee Increases

Now, I am a huge proponent of everything that our veterans get as I have multiple family members and friends who are vets. My parents are currently enrolled in TriCare for Life. However, are you REALLY going to bitch about having to pay $520.00 a YEAR for this golden insurance plan? Hell, my folks haven't paid a medical bill since the got into TriCare for Life. I say that at an annual premium of $520.00/year, it is a pretty sweet deal compared to what anyone else pays.
from the link I posted earlier...

Significantly, the plan calls for increases between 30 percent to 78 percent in Tricare annual premiums for the first year. After that, the plan will impose five-year increases ranging from 94 percent to 345 percent—more than 3 times current levels.

According to congressional assessments, a retired Army colonel with a family currently paying $460 a year for health care will pay $2,048.

Please read....

TRICARE Fee Increases

from the link I posted earlier...

Significantly, the plan calls for increases between 30 percent to 78 percent in Tricare annual premiums for the first year. After that, the plan will impose five-year increases ranging from 94 percent to 345 percent—more than 3 times current levels.

According to congressional assessments, a retired Army colonel with a family currently paying $460 a year for health care will pay $2,048.

Where can YOU go and get a policy lined with the benefits provided by TriCare for Life for $2K a year?

"...and Bill Ayers told me to tell you that he's sorry for spitting on you and called you a 'baby killer!!' when you were walking through the airport in 1968"

Forum List

Back