Obama and Biden very anti Gun owner, and Gun Rights .

And legal intervention: 330
And all intents (murder, suicide, accidental, all age groups):30,694

Still not seeing one million. Where'd that number come from? Your ass, once again, I presume?

And here are the numbers of ALL injury deaths in the US in 2000. Including firearms, intentional, homicide, accidental, defense, bicyclist, traffic, AIR, etc:

Still not a million. Go figure.

Gosh, suffocation has unintentional firearms death beat all to hell:
It's even comparable to ALL forms of firearm deaths, 30,694. Almost half.

I've always hated plastic bags myself, and the people who use them. I vote we take plastic away from the world before more people cling senselessly to those bags than already do. They have enough toys.

non issue... the Court already ruled. you guys really need to grow up and stop whining because you're afraid someone is going to take away your toys.

The same whining and fearmongering YOU do about Republicans wanting to overturn a 40+ years old Supreme Court ruling regarding abortion and I tell you the same damned thing?

Why does it only count when it's to your advantage?

Oh, and here...

Kindly explain why there are more gun related deaths in places with gun ownership restrictions? Haven't I asked you before to explain why crime goes up in direct correlation with gun control?

Definitions for WISQARS Fatal - NCIPC

We lead the Western democracies in gun deaths because of our easy gun laws. Since 1960 more than one million Americans have been killed by guns, while only a few thousand Japanese have been killed. States that restrict guns like Mass. have fewer gun deaths than states that don't like Nevada. I don't make things up, like you do.

NCJRS Abstract - National Criminal Justice Reference Service

Last edited:
Gosh, suffocation has unintentional firearms death beat all to hell:
It's even comparable to ALL forms of firearm deaths, 30,694. Almost half.

I've always hated plastic bags myself, and the people who use them. I vote we take plastic away from the world before more people cling senselessly to those bags than already do. They have enough toys.
Don't take pillows away from us. :mad:

Far, far more have been killed in car accidents.

Let's ban cars!

The ridiculous argument that gun nuts always use.

The purpose of a gun is to kill.

The purpose of a car is to transport.

Big difference.

One million Americans have been killed by guns since 1960.

Let's go for two million!

Approximately 2,160,000 people have died as the result of car accidents since 1960. Should we ban travel by automobiles? Perhaps banning the internal combustion engine is the answer? I haven't been on a horse in years, but I imagine it's much like riding a bicycle...

(My number is based on an average of 45,000 deaths by automobile per year)

Hey look! ... a worthless "wedgie" issue ... you fools will get to keep your guns ... and your bibles ... nobody is going force your son to marry a dude ... or your daughter to kill a fetus.

Guns aren't going anywhere, Kirk, you are very much on the wrong side of this issue.

Yes, the purpose of a gun is to kill. So what? Who are you to tell me what I can and can't be interested in? People enjoy chemistry, and biology, and atomic fusion as well. Do you castigate them for being ignorant when they declare they enjoy the study of such, and evince a desire to learn more?

The ignorant and the tyrants are the ones who believe in limiting the freedom of the people, not the other way around. Communist countries are not happy havens of learning and contentment, believe me.

I don't feel threatened that my right to own a gun is in jeopardy. If I owned an AK-47 or any automatic rifle I suppose I would be concerned, but the reality is the government isn't looking to remove all guns, just the most dangerous ones posing the greatest threat, especially to law enforcement.

The ridiculous argument that gun nuts always use.

The purpose of a gun is to kill.

The purpose of a car is to transport.

Big difference.

A gun is a tool. If used properly and skillfully, like any tool it will perform it's function. Can a gun kill? Absolutely. Can a gun save a life? Absolutely. Can a gun prevent a crime? Absolutely. Can a gun provide food? Absolutely.

A car is a tool. If used properly and skillfully, like any tool it will perform it's function. Can a car kill? Absolutely. Can a car save a life? Absolutely. Can a car prevent a crime? Absolutely. Can a car provide food? Absolutely.

How many people each year are bludgeoned to death? Strangled? Stabbed? Should we ban bats and hammers? rope? Knives?

I've got news for you, Kirk, anyone who obtains a gun for the purpose of killing another human being is willing to get the gun any way possible, most often not legally. This means that banning guns will not have the effect you desire, unless your desire is to prevent law abiding citizens from owning guns. The truth is, and anti-gun rights groups often fail to mention this, the number of law abiding, gun owning citizens who commit a gun crime in minuscule.

Why is it that those who fear guns, gun rights, and people who own guns wish to impose their beliefs on everyone else? Perhaps those who favor gun ownership should start working to force every citizen to own a gun.

Switzerland has one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world, but also one of the lowest firearm related crime rates in the world. Cause and effect?

I don't feel threatened that my right to own a gun is in jeopardy. If I owned an AK-47 or any automatic rifle I suppose I would be concerned, but the reality is the government isn't looking to remove all guns, just the most dangerous ones posing the greatest threat, especially to law enforcement.

I do however get sick of being labeled as stupid, ignorant, twisted and backwards by people who want to limit my personal freedom based on their own lack of information and exposure to the world around them.

A gun is a tool. If used properly and skillfully, like any tool it will perform it's function. Can a gun kill? Absolutely. Can a gun save a life? Absolutely. Can a gun prevent a crime? Absolutely. Can a gun provide food? Absolutely.

A car is a tool. If used properly and skillfully, like any tool it will perform it's function. Can a car kill? Absolutely. Can a car save a life? Absolutely. Can a car prevent a crime? Absolutely. Can a car provide food? Absolutely.

How many people each year are bludgeoned to death? Strangled? Stabbed? Should we ban bats and hammers? rope? Knives?

I've got news for you, Kirk, anyone who obtains a gun for the purpose of killing another human being is willing to get the gun any way possible, most often not legally. This means that banning guns will not have the effect you desire, unless your desire is to prevent law abiding citizens from owning guns. The truth is, and anti-gun rights groups often fail to mention this, the number of law abiding, gun owning citizens who commit a gun crime in minuscule.

Why is it that those who fear guns, gun rights, and people who own guns wish to impose their beliefs on everyone else? Perhaps those who favor gun ownership should start working to force every citizen to own a gun.

Switzerland has one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world, but also one of the lowest firearm related crime rates in the world. Cause and effect?

kirk's right on this, hjmick. a car isnt made to kill people. neither is a bat, nor most (kitchen) knives. but a gun? the primary use of a gun is to kill a person or an animal. youre trying to paint a gun as being a typical household item, which it isnt. it is made to inflict damage. not to get around town, hit a ball, or cut vegetables and meat.

Friday, April 17, 1998
U.S. Leads Richest Nations In Gun Deaths

BY CHELSEA J. CARTER
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

ATLANTA -- The United States has by far the highest rate of gun deaths -- murders, suicides and accidents -- among the world's 36 richest nations, a government study found.
The U.S. rate for gun deaths in 1994 was 14.24 per 100,000 people. Japan had the lowest rate, at .05 per 100,000.
The study, done by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is the first comprehensive international look at gun-related deaths. It was published Thursday in the International Journal of Epidemiology.
The CDC would not speculate why the death rates varied, but other researchers said easy access to guns and society's acceptance of violence are part of the problem in the United States.
``If you have a country saturated with guns -- available to people when they are intoxicated, angry or depressed -- it's not unusual guns will be used more often,'' said Rebecca Peters, a Johns Hopkins University fellow specializing in gun violence. ``This has to be treated as a public health emergency.''
The National Rifle Association called the study shoddy because it failed to examine all causes of violent deaths.
``What this shows is the CDC is after guns. They aren't concerned with violence. It's pretending that no homicide exists unless it's related to guns,'' said Paul Blackman, a research coordinator for the NRA in Fairfax, Va.
The 36 countries chosen were listed as the richest in the World Bank's 1994 World Development Report, with the highest GNP per capita income.
The study used 1994 statistics supplied by the 36 countries. Of the 88,649 gun deaths reported by all the countries, the United States accounted for 45 percent, said Etienne Krug, a CDC researcher and co-author of the article.
Japan, where very few people own guns, averages 124 gun-related attacks a year, and less than 1 percent end in death. Police often raid the homes of those suspected of having weapons.
The study found that gun-related deaths were five to six times higher in the Americas than in Europe or Australia and New Zealand and 95 times higher than in Asia.
Here are gun-related deaths per 100,000 people in the world's 36 richest countries in 1994: United States 14.24; Brazil 12.95; Mexico 12.69; Estonia 12.26; Argentina 8.93; Northern Ireland 6.63; Finland 6.46; Switzerland 5.31; France 5.15; Canada 4.31; Norway 3.82; Austria 3.70; Portugal 3.20; Israel 2.91; Belgium 2.90; Australia 2.65; Slovenia 2.60; Italy 2.44; New Zealand 2.38; Denmark 2.09; Sweden 1.92; Kuwait 1.84; Greece 1.29; Germany 1.24; Hungary 1.11; Republic of Ireland 0.97; Spain 0.78; Netherlands 0.70; Scotland 0.54; England and Wales 0.41; Taiwan 0.37; Singapore 0.21; Mauritius 0.19; Hong Kong 0.14; South Korea 0.12; Japan 0.05.

http://www.guncite.com/cnngunde.html

Forum List

Back