obama allows Brazil to drill in the gulf never mind about the ban

Wrong as wrong can be.
U.S. issues second post-spill drill permit in Gulf
Petrobras gets permit for U.S. deep waters

WASHINGTON, March 18 (UPI) -- Washington has given Petrobras America Inc. permission to start oil and gas production in the Gulf of Mexico, a regulator said.

The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement gave Petrobras approval to use a floating production storage offloading facility at its Cascade-Chinook project in the Gulf of Mexico.

Read more: Petrobras gets permit for U.S. deep waters - UPI.com

ok, first you bitch about there being a ban in the gulf and now that the ban is lifted you are bitching that an oil company got a permit?

What the heck? sheesh....

The ban has not been lifted for American oil copmanies.
A perfect lesson on how CON$ lie. When caught lying as above, CON$ just keep on lying.

You've already admitted the Brazil permit was the SECOND, the first went to an AMERICAN oil company. So did the 3rd and 4th!!!!!!!

Wrong as wrong can be.

WASHINGTON, March 18 (UPI) -- Washington has given Petrobras America Inc. permission to start oil and gas production in the Gulf of Mexico, a regulator said.

The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement gave Petrobras approval to use a floating production storage offloading facility at its Cascade-Chinook project in the Gulf of Mexico.

ok, first you bitch about there being a ban in the gulf and now that the ban is lifted you are bitching that an oil company got a permit?

I thought I was reading it wrong or something...So the big ban he was bitching about isnt.?
You got that Right!!! :lol:

This is yet another example of CON$ saying one thing one day and then contradicting themselves the next.

I see you are embellishing the story a bit. Brazil is not seeking to drill in the gulf. The proposed drilling is in the huge offshore discovery in Brazil's Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro. It is not in the Gulf.

President Obama Finances Offshore Drilling in Brazil - WSJ.com

Wrong as wrong can be.

And Soros is invested in Petrobras to the extent of how much?

:lol:
A lot less than you are invested in SOROS DERANGEMENT SYNDROME. :rofl::lmao:

Soros has no investment in Petrobras.

hold on now, Correct me if I'm wrong, but American companies drilling in America means what? As far as I know they do drill here, ship it off to be refined then charge us again for the oil that we paid them to drill for. Here's where I'm confused, if we allowed more drilling by American Companies will that make the prices go down? Or we'll get first dibs?

If they aren't issuing permits then you can't drill. The government is not issuing permits to American oil companies.
No matter how many times you repeat your lie, it will still be a lie.

And this is the reason he's is allowing them to drill.
“We want to help you with the technology and support to develop these oil reserves safely. And when you’re ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers.”
Obama: Drill, Brazil, Drill! – Patriot Update
So much for obama wanting America to be independent of foreign oil.

WHAT BAN? the ban ended in October of last year...permits are being issued one by one...AS oil companies produce their plans on being able to contain an oil spill...

STOP LYING.

U.S. to Issue More Gulf Drilling Permits - WSJ.com

Since the Gulf drilling moratorium was lifted in October, three drilling permits have been approved, along with an exploration plan to Shell Offshore earlier this week.

Read more: Bromwich: Expect more Gulf drilling permits soon | Houston Business Journal

You are going to use another Wall Street Journal source after I just blow the first one ouit of the water? The one that said the drilling was to happen off the brizilian shore? Only two permits have been issue to my knowledge. As I said the ban is still in effect for America oil companies.

just stop lying bigreb....it's not good for the soul to continually lie.

they are issuing permits, in the gulf to americans and to foreigners...4 so far, including Shell, and Exxon mobile, and many more to come....

THERE IS NO BAN anymore for deep water drilling....it ended, so stop your whining....and intentionally lying about it....

what's behind all of these lies of yours? why lie? i just don't get it?

http://www.instituteforenergyresear...ason-Economic_Cost_of_Offshore_Moratorium.pdf

At least 13,000 jobs have been lost since last summer’s moratorium on offshore oil production, surpassing projected job losses in a 2010 study by thousands, according to the Louisiana State University professor who authored the study.

Joseph Mason, author of “The Economic Cost of a Moratorium on Offshore Oil and Gas Exploration to the Gulf Region,” estimated that the new regional job losses due to the moratorium on offshore oil production in the Gulf region is now 13,000 – up from his original estimate of 8,000.

Mason also estimated the national job losses to have increased from 12,000 to 19,000; regional wage losses to be $800 million, up from $500 million; national wage losses to be $1.1 billion, up from $700 million; lost tax revenues on the state and local level to be $155 million, up from $100 million; and lost tax revenues on the national level to be $350 million, up from $200 million.

Last edited:
oh yeah... they are issuing permits (what a joke), but at a snails pace.

Interior Issues Deepwater Permit, But It Only Points Out How Stupid Obama’s Policy Really Is (UPDATED)

"Yep, crushing the industry with one hand while the other pats itself on the back for saving it."

Michelle Malkin » One measly deepwater drilling permit: Hoo-freaking-rah

WAYYYYY too partisan and biased opinions for my taste....sorry!

:lol: You didn't even read it. There are plenty of links that are not "partisan" or "biased," but let's not cast Obama in a negative light, shall we? :eusa_shhh:

WAYYYYY too partisan and biased opinions for my taste....sorry!

Fair enough... but try to look at the other post.

I am not coming at this with my ideology first.... promise. Just common sense.

Jobs and rigs are going elsewhere because they cant sit around and wait for permits to be issued. Those jobs are leaving and wont be back anytime soon. That is a bad thing period.

http://www.instituteforenergyresear...ason-Economic_Cost_of_Offshore_Moratorium.pdf

At least 13,000 jobs have been lost since last summer’s moratorium on offshore oil production, surpassing projected job losses in a 2010 study by thousands, according to the Louisiana State University professor who authored the study.

Joseph Mason, author of “The Economic Cost of a Moratorium on Offshore Oil and Gas Exploration to the Gulf Region,” estimated that the new regional job losses due to the moratorium on offshore oil production in the Gulf region is now 13,000 – up from his original estimate of 8,000.

Mason also estimated the national job losses to have increased from 12,000 to 19,000; regional wage losses to be $800 million, up from $500 million; national wage losses to be $1.1 billion, up from $700 million; lost tax revenues on the state and local level to be $155 million, up from $100 million; and lost tax revenues on the national level to be $350 million, up from $200 million.

i can understand the moratorium taking place, and i am glad it has been stopped and we are starting to issue permits...

yes, it is moving slow....but it should go faster now that oil drillers have a plan to not allow another BP like spill.....

we need to drill, and we need to take every precaution we can, to prevent drilling from spoiling our natural resources....

your oil production"..
Obama to US oil companies: "screw you!"
This son of a bitch goes on and on about clean energy, green jobs, moving away from fossil fuels all the while he offers to boos the oil production of a foreign country while denying the United States the right to harvest it's own oil.
Incidentally, the statement that Brazil has "twice the oil" is an outright lie.
The US Geological Survey just complete a study and that study concluded that in the US and it's coastal waters lies more readily available oil than all of the OPEC nations combined.
Clearly Obama has an anti-US self sustaining energy policy.

Oil executive

.merged with existing thread

Last edited:
I am soooooooooooooooo sick and tired of the LIES....from the 'rightwing", it is getting ridiculous....no one uses their god given brains, they whine and bark worse than chiwawas, without ever doing any research on their own, they follow their masters and cry and whine like nonsensical babies. GROW UP for goodness sakes.

The e-mail is false on two counts.

* The message falsely says the decision was due to an "executive order" by the president. No presidential order was required. Furthermore, none of President Obama’s appointees had joined the Ex-Im board at the time of the vote, which was unanimous, and bipartisan. The Ex-Im Bank states: "In fact, at the time the Bank’s Board consisted of three Republicans and two Democrats, all of whom were appointed by George W. Bush."
* The message falsely claims that "we have absolutely no gain" from the loan. In fact, the loan is being made specifically to finance purchase by Petrobras of U.S.-made oilfield equipment and services. The mission of the Ex-Im Bank is to encourage exports by making such
from the link above

And you think that your email with no link attched is telling the truth?

Brazil is nowhere near the Gulf, they're not drilling there. Brazil is nowhere near US territorial waters.

You have been misinformed

You are being misleading!

The quote in your OP and the loan in your link in you OP have nothing to do with the Gulf of Mexico. They are both in regard to the Oil find off the coast of Brazil.

This link you now post has to do with the permit Bush first approved in 2006 allowing Brazil to drill in the Gulf of Mexico. In typical CON$ervoFascist dishonesty, you have dishonestly mixed the two together.

The truth makes your asswhole pucker up doesn't it. When you produce something other than your opinion then we can talk. So take your government slill ass back to obama and get new directives.

The ban has not been lifted for American oil copmanies.
A perfect lesson on how CON$ lie. When caught lying as above, CON$ just keep on lying.

You've already admitted the Brazil permit was the SECOND, the first went to an AMERICAN oil company. So did the 3rd and 4th!!!!!!!

Who has been issued a 3rd and 4th drilling permit? What companies with a source, other than your opinion.

WHAT BAN? the ban ended in October of last year...permits are being issued one by one...AS oil companies produce their plans on being able to contain an oil spill...

STOP LYING.

U.S. to Issue More Gulf Drilling Permits - WSJ.com

You are going to use another Wall Street Journal source after I just blow the first one ouit of the water? The one that said the drilling was to happen off the brizilian shore? Only two permits have been issue to my knowledge. As I said the ban is still in effect for America oil companies.

just stop lying bigreb....it's not good for the soul to continually lie.

they are issuing permits, in the gulf to americans and to foreigners...4 so far, including Shell, and Exxon mobile, and many more to come....

THERE IS NO BAN anymore for deep water drilling....it ended, so stop your whining....and intentionally lying about it....

what's behind all of these lies of yours? why lie? i just don't get it?

How many American oil companies have been issued permits? You can say the ban has been lifted and still not issue permits to who ever you do not want to. First you try to deflect and claim the drilling was to take place off the coast of Brazil, and now this. I didn't call you a liar. I suggest you do the same to me.

And this is the reason he's is allowing them to drill.
“We want to help you with the technology and support to develop these oil reserves safely. And when you’re ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers.”
Obama: Drill, Brazil, Drill! – Patriot Update
So much for obama wanting America to be independent of foreign oil.
Ha ! He thinks murka and Jewish Petroleum are going to " teach" the Brazilians something ?:cuckoo:
I suppose his next plan will be to teach the French how to use nookYouLarr energy.
Gawd Blass murka.

Forum List

Back