obama allows Brazil to drill in the gulf never mind about the ban

I see you are embellishing the story a bit. Brazil is not seeking to drill in the gulf. The proposed drilling is in the huge offshore discovery in Brazil's Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro. It is not in the Gulf.

President Obama Finances Offshore Drilling in Brazil - WSJ.com

Wrong as wrong can be.
U.S. issues second post-spill drill permit in Gulf
Petrobras gets permit for U.S. deep waters

WASHINGTON, March 18 (UPI) -- Washington has given Petrobras America Inc. permission to start oil and gas production in the Gulf of Mexico, a regulator said.

The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement gave Petrobras approval to use a floating production storage offloading facility at its Cascade-Chinook project in the Gulf of Mexico.

Read more: Petrobras gets permit for U.S. deep waters - UPI.com

ok, first you bitch about there being a ban in the gulf and now that the ban is lifted you are bitching that an oil company got a permit?

What the heck? sheesh....

The ban has not been lifted for American oil copmanies. Maybe you should re-read the original post. this is what obama wants
“We want to help you with the technology and support to develop these oil reserves safely. And when you’re ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers.”

I see you are embellishing the story a bit. Brazil is not seeking to drill in the gulf. The proposed drilling is in the huge offshore discovery in Brazil's Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro. It is not in the Gulf.

Wrong as wrong can be.

WASHINGTON, March 18 (UPI) -- Washington has given Petrobras America Inc. permission to start oil and gas production in the Gulf of Mexico, a regulator said.

The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement gave Petrobras approval to use a floating production storage offloading facility at its Cascade-Chinook project in the Gulf of Mexico.

ok, first you bitch about there being a ban in the gulf and now that the ban is lifted you are bitching that an oil company got a permit?

I thought I was reading it wrong or something...So the big ban he was bitching about isnt.?

Seriously,they better start clarifying where all these "Loans" are coming from. If it's American Tax Dollars i'm gonna be pissed.

Wrong as wrong can be.

I thought I was reading it wrong or something...So the big ban he was bitching about isnt.?

Then ban for American compaies is still in affect.

And this is the reason he's is allowing them to drill.
“We want to help you with the technology and support to develop these oil reserves safely. And when you’re ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers.”
Obama: Drill, Brazil, Drill! – Patriot Update
So much for obama wanting America to be independent of foreign oil.

Wrong as wrong can be.

And Soros is invested in Petrobras to the extent of how much?

:lol:

Wrong as wrong can be.

Yes Soros is a big investor in Petrobras. So why do we have to give American Taxpayer loans to them? This thing just doesn't sound right. Paying Brazil to drill for Oil so we can buy it from them later just seems absurd. Am i the only one who feels this way?

Wrong as wrong can be.

Not sure, but you will let us know.

hold on now, Correct me if I'm wrong, but American companies drilling in America means what? As far as I know they do drill here, ship it off to be refined then charge us again for the oil that we paid them to drill for. Here's where I'm confused, if we allowed more drilling by American Companies will that make the prices go down? Or we'll get first dibs?

WHAT BAN? the ban ended in October of last year...permits are being issued one by one...AS oil companies produce their plans on being able to contain an oil spill...

STOP LYING.

U.S. to Issue More Gulf Drilling Permits - WSJ.com

In recent weeks, the agency has issued four deep-water drilling permits, including one Tuesday that allows Exxon Mobil Corp. to drill a new well in 6,941 feet of water. Those permits are the first to be issued since such operations were shut down for deep-water drilling in response to the Deepwater Horizon's explosion and subsequent oil spill. On Monday the agency also awarded Royal Dutch Shell PLC the first deep-water exploration plan since the disaster.

Since the Gulf drilling moratorium was lifted in October, three drilling permits have been approved, along with an exploration plan to Shell Offshore earlier this week.

Read more: Bromwich: Expect more Gulf drilling permits soon | Houston Business Journal

hold on now, Correct me if I'm wrong, but American companies drilling in America means what? As far as I know they do drill here, ship it off to be refined then charge us again for the oil that we paid them to drill for. Here's where I'm confused, if we allowed more drilling by American Companies will that make the prices go down? Or we'll get first dibs?

If they aren't issuing permits then you can't drill. The government is not issuing permits to American oil companies.

WHAT BAN? the ban ended in October of last year...permits are being issued one by one...AS oil companies produce their plans on being able to contain an oil spill...

STOP LYING.

U.S. to Issue More Gulf Drilling Permits - WSJ.com

In recent weeks, the agency has issued four deep-water drilling permits, including one Tuesday that allows Exxon Mobil Corp. to drill a new well in 6,941 feet of water. Those permits are the first to be issued since such operations were shut down for deep-water drilling in response to the Deepwater Horizon's explosion and subsequent oil spill. On Monday the agency also awarded Royal Dutch Shell PLC the first deep-water exploration plan since the disaster.

Since the Gulf drilling moratorium was lifted in October, three drilling permits have been approved, along with an exploration plan to Shell Offshore earlier this week.

Read more: Bromwich: Expect more Gulf drilling permits soon | Houston Business Journal

You are going to use another Wall Street Journal source after I just blow the first one ouit of the water? The one that said the drilling was to happen off the brizilian shore? Only two permits have been issue to my knowledge. As I said the ban is still in effect for America oil companies.

Wrong as wrong can be.

Yes Soros is a big investor in Petrobras. So why do we have to give American Taxpayer loans to them? This thing just doesn't sound right. Paying Brazil to drill for Oil so we can buy it from them later just seems absurd. Am i the only one who feels this way?

Soros Sells Petrobras, Dumps Biggest Company Holding - Businessweek

So we should give Brazil several $Billions in American Taxpayer cash to drill for Oil while we have massive Unemployment,Record Poverty,and Massive Debt? Yea that makes perfect sense. Seriously,WTF happened to our Government? What a disgrace.

I am soooooooooooooooo sick and tired of the LIES....from the 'rightwing", it is getting ridiculous....no one uses their god given brains, they whine and bark worse than chiwawas, without ever doing any research on their own, they follow their masters and cry and whine like nonsensical babies. GROW UP for goodness sakes.

The e-mail is false on two counts.

* The message falsely says the decision was due to an "executive order" by the president. No presidential order was required. Furthermore, none of President Obama’s appointees had joined the Ex-Im board at the time of the vote, which was unanimous, and bipartisan. The Ex-Im Bank states: "In fact, at the time the Bank’s Board consisted of three Republicans and two Democrats, all of whom were appointed by George W. Bush."
* The message falsely claims that "we have absolutely no gain" from the loan. In fact, the loan is being made specifically to finance purchase by Petrobras of U.S.-made oilfield equipment and services. The mission of the Ex-Im Bank is to encourage exports by making such
from the link above

Typical CON$ervoFascist hack job.

Your link has nothing to do with drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. But you knew that when you titled this thread. And the loan your article is whining about was made by Bush's appointees BEFORE anyone Obama appointed joined the Import-Export Bank.

These "loans" he keeps talking about better not be American Tax Dollars. Congress will have to step up on this one. Several $Billions to Brazil to drill for Oil while here at home we have rampant Unemployment,Record Poverty,and Massive Debt? Sounds absolutely absurd to me.
The loans which were approved by Bush appointees, not Obama, do not involve American Tax Dollars.

Brazil is nowhere near the Gulf, they're not drilling there. Brazil is nowhere near US territorial waters.

You have been misinformed

You are being misleading!

The quote in your OP and the loan in your link in you OP have nothing to do with the Gulf of Mexico. They are both in regard to the Oil find off the coast of Brazil.

This link you now post has to do with the permit Bush first approved in 2006 allowing Brazil to drill in the Gulf of Mexico. In typical CON$ervoFascist dishonesty, you have dishonestly mixed the two together.

Forum List

Back